(Topic ID: 206510)

Star Trek Pro (stern) vs. SW Pro (stern)

By adamross

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by teddyb73
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game do you prefer owning?”

• Star Trek (stern) 92 votes
    70%
  • Star Wars (stern) 40 votes
    30%

(132 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 1 year ago

Star Trek was my first pinball purchase. I played that game to death, over 2,000 plays. It is a great game, but it definitely gets old with the repeative nature of the level 1 modes. The 2nd and 3rd level wizard modes (Enterprise amock and 5 year mission) are not reallly attainable unless you are Keith Elwin on three ball play. I now have owned a Star Wars Pro, and then a Star Wars Premium. The gameplay and code on Star Wars is superior to Star Trek for me. That isn’t saying that Star Trek is bad, it isn’t, but Star Wars with the latest code release has now simply surpassed it. The LCD clip integration, sound package and the code are all MUCH better than Star Trek.

Star Wars is truly a great game at this point, despite what a smaller and smaller group of haters continue to say.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, and you and your downvote buddies are SO different.
I generally like most Stern games. I really like Game of Thrones. I don't like Star Wars. I love Ghostbusters. I like Aerosmith. Batman '66 is a game I think is quite bad. I find The Walking Dead to be awesome. It's almost like I have actual and real opinions that differ from game to game! Wow, that's a crazy and novel concept. Go flag some reviews or something. The fanboy crusade never rests!

Not about being a fanboy. It is about repeating the same things over and over. I don’t like TWD particularily, but I don’t pronounce my hate for it over and over across all of Pinside. Simple broken record syndrome.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a thread about comparing two games. The guy asked for opinions between the two. I shared them. Should I post, "go reference my post in the forum about the Star Wars reveal. Don't go to the club thread, you won't find it there!"?
If everybody shared an opinion a single time and in only a single context, then we would have about 1/1000th the threads here.
Now if someone starts a thread asking for opinions between Star Wars and The Hobbit, I'll give my reasons why I think Star Wars is a better game than the Hobbit. Different context, new framing of the opinion to the OP's question. Or should I link to this thread? I'm confused now.
And you take issue because you disagree, not because it's the "same opinion over and over across all of Pinside." If you took issue with the latter, you are probably feeling pretty down on all the positive opinions getting repeated "over and over across all of Pinside" too. Somehow I don't think that bothers you though.
This is how discussion works. It's ok to not agree. That is fine and normal. What's not fine and normal is getting uptight over a differing opinion on a game and clicking down arrows as often and as thoroughly as you can. That's really strange behavior.

Opinions are fine. You are not an innocent bystander in the same thread broken record syndrome. It just hasn’t become a broken record in THIS thread. Yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
4,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
New City, NY
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 12.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside