9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by twenty84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsnelson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I thought about posting in the "How many times have you warped" thread, but I didn't know how many would appreciate my "record": 121 (one hundred twenty one). Yes, the glass was in the machine. Even more cool: I didn't use the upper flipper, because it has the disintegrating coil stop problem and is stuck.

How did I do it? I didn't. It's a Star Trek Pro, upgraded to 1.5 today (in case that's relevant) and the "record" happened a few hours later after the upgrade with less than a half dozen plays. The only known issue that the machine has is the upper flipper as mentioned above; no operator alerts etc. During game play, I hit the Vengeance at some point and I heard Spock's voice just start going crazy, stuttering "Warp 1, Warp 2, Warp Warp Warp..." and so on. It blew past 9.9 in no time and just kept going for a while. Multiball ensued somewhere in there, and the warping stopped at some point, but not until I had amassed over 120M points (my previous best was 75M on a functional machine). There weren't any other noted malfunctions throughout the rest of the game (a 2 player game, my co-player wasn't as fortunate in the warp department). Another three plays yielded no other strangeness.

I don't have full time access to the keys to the game, but can get them when I need them. It's located in a private office complex and is owned by our company, and I'm the defacto "tech" since nobody else knows how to service it.

Has anyone seen this crazy warp thing happen? Is it a 1.5 thing? Dirty optos? Any hints or ideas for further diagnosis would be appreciated!

Brad

#3 9 years ago

Possibly relevant: The playfield was raised and lowered during the same repair effort as the software upgrade. Maybe it could be a connector issue (after having read some of the threads here)?

Brad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bsnelson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-poltergeist-warp?tu=bsnelson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.