Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm hoping to get a part number for a post and screw on my Star Trek Pro. It is the post just to the right of the Vengeance drop target that has a rubber bumper on it and a screw on the top holds the plastic above it down.

I was trying to replace the rubber and somehow the screw head stripped off leaving the stem inside the post with no way to remove it. I'm also having a hard time removing the post itself. I'm a total newb to pinball maintenance and don't want to force it. I will be having someone come over soon to do some work on it anyway and I would like to have the part ready when they do.

If anyone can ID the post and screw I would really appreciate it. Would I have to order this directly from Stern as well?

Thanks!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Nokoro. I did look at my manual and they show several posts. I think I might know which one it is but a few of them look pretty similar. Since I haven't gotten the post off the playfield, it's hard to compare it side by side with the manual.

I will try giving them a call too.

#5 9 years ago

I'm not sure if there is a nut underneath, but I'm pretty sure it is just screwed into the playfield. There is a hex part at the base of the post. I don't have a proper tool to get at it though.

I'm not the most handy person either. When I was first trying to remove the top screw that held the plastic down, so I could replace the rubber bumper, the post was rotating as I tried to unscrew. I used a pair of needle nosed pliers on the base of the post to hold it still while removing the screw. That's when the stem of the screw just broke apart. I didn't even realize it at the time until I removed the one on the other post and noticed it was about twice as long. I didn't think I was using that much pressure either.

Like I said before, I'm a total newb to pinball ownership. This is my first one. I recently caught the bug thanks to a friend of mine who built out a sweet man-cave. Before I got mine, I had never so much as opened a coin door before. :p

That's why I'm having a guy come who does every manner of repair/maintenance. I have a bunch of mods that I will need help with too, and he's also willing to educate me on my machine and how to care for it. At this point, I fear doing more damage by tinkering around.

#10 9 years ago

As a new owner, this is why I love Pinside. You guys have been very helpful and I appreciate all your advice!

@85vett - I think that post you linked to is the one. It even has that recessed area for the rubber. I believe the screw is a bit longer than the one you linked to but it would probably work. I like that big bag of everything though. Think I may get one of those.

The very reason this happened in the first place was because I was replacing the rubber with... one of those super-bands. I got the blue ones cause I saw a pic that someone posted here with those on his ST. Thought it looked better than black, although I bought a bunch of those too in case I didn't like the look in person. I also got blue flipper super-bands which I also put on and they look great. Haven't played since replacing the rubbers yet though.

As for tools, yeah I need to flesh out my inventory. If anyone has any suggestions/links to a nice set that will help with pinball maintenance, I'm all ears.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-part-id-request?tu=PWhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.