Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wamonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
star-trek-warp-speed-mr-scott-jason-politte.jpg
enterprise.gif
17.jpg
funny-spock-star-trek-yourself-before-wreck-movie-pics.jpg
IM000923.JPG
P2281213.JPG
New T-Molding.JPG
DSC_0395.jpg
IM000905.JPG
IM000904.JPG
IM000903.JPG
download.jpg
ST1.jpg
DSC01576.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago

I put on the Refinery chrome apron last night, looks great (top picture) but now I need these 2 stickers (next 2 pictures). Where do I get them?

mod 6.JPG
STapron sticker.JPG
STshooter decal.JPG

#54 6 years ago

As others have already mentioned, I modified my XM Apron the decals on the plastic apron peeled off very easily and I was able to reuse them. I used an exact o knife to get a corner up then carefully removed them.

They peeled right off. I'll have to try that, thanks.

#66 6 years ago

I've got the ship in your first photo but I can't figure out how or where to run the power wire, especially with a hole big enough to run the power plug through. I have a Pro.

#71 6 years ago

But I have the Refinery edition and it goes over the Warp ramp on my Pro.

#91 6 years ago

Been a busy Sat. so far with my Pro. Got the pf rails and side mirrors on. 2nd to last pic is up field looking at the flipper and chrome apron. Last pic. is a shot of how the out lane looks with the chrome apron on, they now have side mirrors also. Now to work on another game.

PFrails.JPG SideMirror 1.JPG SideRirror 2.JPG SideMirror 3.JPG SideMirror 4.JPG MirrorapronFlipper.JPG MirrorapronOutlane.JPG
1 week later
#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd swap out the t-molding for black.

I wish they made a blue chrome molding. That would work perfect.

#107 6 years ago

Looks great.....but it's gonna block all the sound coming from the speaker.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The Badge Prop Replica is having no discernible impact on the sound... but I'll let you know if I can tell a difference once I have one on both speakers. At the moment, I highly recommend it if you are looking for a super easy way to dress up the speaker panel.
amazon.com link ยป
I'll take a picture of the backside mounting when I put the next one on in case anyone is interested and would like to see. Thanks.

I was just pullin your leg. They will look kick ass.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Dammit Jim, I'm not an emoticon translator.

Now THAT'S funny. Wish I had head room for toppers like you do.

#113 6 years ago

I've been thinking about getting that.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The good news is I just put in an order on a Premium to stick them on.

You couldn't resist, good for you and a Premium no less. I call first dibs on your Premium TL......if you decide to sell it that is. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the TL.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Looks really nice. What is the size of the T-molding, which I should order for eBay? Does one need some special cutters for the T-molding or will e.g. scissors work just fine?
What do you think, would Star Trek Pro look better with chrome or black -colored T-moldings on the sides of the backbox? What about then if I were to order JoeRaptor's Speaker Overlay: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fstaking-pre-orders-st-pro-speaker-overlay ? Chrome or Black for T-moldings then?
Thanks for any tips!

A SHARP razor knife works best for cutting T-molding. Black too.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Too late, someone already PM'd me earlier today to be first on the list for my as of yet non-existent product!

No I mean the one that comes with your Premium...when you swap it out for the one you'll do.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh lol. I'll probably keep it so I can return it to stock if needed.

I don't know, it adds a lot of clutter to the house....you should sell it to me. Yeah that's a good point, had to give it a try.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Did the same decal idea on the DMD panel, just got rid of the boarder so it was not so squared off.

DSC_0395.jpg 152 KB

How's the reflection on the pf glass? Where does it land above the fp?

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

No reflection issues from the decals. I use bentplastic, but tried it with and without and there was no difference.

That's good. Thanks.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm thinking I might make a new decal for it to match my translite (Pro and Premium are the same in that regard).

REALLY!!! I gotta see what you come up with. Dibs on the first finished product.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will attempt to make it so awesome that you cannot resist!

and if you could "somehow" make it and cover up those speakers and not have it affect the sound. One solid panel of your great artwork would look GREAT!!!

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Physics says that's probably not gonna happen. Some kind of PETG panel with a sticky back and interesting cut shapes for the speaker panels maybe, but you cover them and you're gonna affect the sound.

how about drilling a thousand little holes for the sound to come out then print the thing. I know the printing would look different over the holes so maybe you could do the artwork different over those but still have the solid artwork on the panel.

#166 6 years ago

You said some kind of PETG panel, that's why I said drill a thousand holes.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Added both badges to speakers and a signed Premium translite to my pro.

IM000923.JPG 147 KB

How did ya get it signed?

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I won it. I have another premium if you are interested since you are local.

Tempting, but I want the whole game.

#187 6 years ago

You just made up a new model pin...only $750 more expensive then a Pro and $750 less expensive then a premium.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, noooooope, this one is staying for a while.

OK, I'll look for it to be for sale in a week or so.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hard to say, it's one of those will be ready when it's ready things. I don't normally announce stuff ahead of time, I just show it when it's good to go, but I got kinda excited about buying a Star Trek I guess.
I definitely need some time to work on it, and possibly do test prints before I'm ready to announce it, but I do want to get it done. How that Helen has shipped I'm gonna shift gears back to it, start working on the preliminary work.

I hope it's got a space battle scene on it.

#202 6 years ago

Question for you Aurich, when you do your designing do you take into account the positions of the bulbs that will be light your masterpiece? Especially when it come to colors of bulbs to light certain objects in the artwork. That could really add a dramatic effect to the artwork.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh yeah, for sure, that's a big part of making it successful. With The Shadow I took a picture of the backbox with the translite off and scaled it in Photoshop so I'd have a map of all the lights when I was designing. It can be challenging, sometimes they're in random spots and you have to compromise between fitting them exactly and making the design work.
The Stern games obviously are different, the light tube is a lot more "dumb" in that respect. What's cool is that people are doing custom light kits for Helen, and Gio at the Refinery already told me he wants to do one for Star Trek when I get a design. So I don't have to work backwards so much for that.
If I was do to say BSD or Congo, hit another of the bad movie great game trilogy, I'd totally do the same thing though, map the lights out ahead of time.

Yup that's what I thought...your a true Artist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside