Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wamonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
star-trek-warp-speed-mr-scott-jason-politte.jpg
enterprise.gif
17.jpg
funny-spock-star-trek-yourself-before-wreck-movie-pics.jpg
IM000923.JPG
P2281213.JPG
New T-Molding.JPG
DSC_0395.jpg
IM000905.JPG
IM000904.JPG
IM000903.JPG
download.jpg
ST1.jpg
DSC01576.JPG

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Aurich made his announcement about making an alternate translite for ST one day after I ordered this.

I could have saved you from staring at the wrong ship!

Seriously, who knows when I'll finish or if you'll even like it, so just enjoy for the time being.

#202 6 years ago

Question for you Aurich, when you do your designing do you take into account the positions of the bulbs that will be light your masterpiece? Especially when it come to colors of bulbs to light certain objects in the artwork. That could really add a dramatic effect to the artwork.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question for you Aurich, when you do your designing do you take into account the positions of the bulbs that will be light your masterpiece? Especially when it come to colors of bulbs to light certain objects in the artwork. That could really add a dramatic effect to the artwork.

Oh yeah, for sure, that's a big part of making it successful. With the Shadow I took a picture of the backbox with the translite off and scaled it in Photoshop so I'd have a map of all the lights when I was designing. It can be challenging, sometimes they're in random spots and you have to compromise between fitting them exactly and making the design work.

The Stern games obviously are different, the light tube is a lot more "dumb" in that respect. What's cool is that people are doing custom light kits for Helen, and Gio at the Refinery already told me he wants to do one for Star Trek when I get a design. So I don't have to work backwards so much for that.

If I was do to say BSD or Congo, hit another of the bad movie great game trilogy, I'd totally do the same thing though, map the lights out ahead of time.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh yeah, for sure, that's a big part of making it successful. With The Shadow I took a picture of the backbox with the translite off and scaled it in Photoshop so I'd have a map of all the lights when I was designing. It can be challenging, sometimes they're in random spots and you have to compromise between fitting them exactly and making the design work.
The Stern games obviously are different, the light tube is a lot more "dumb" in that respect. What's cool is that people are doing custom light kits for Helen, and Gio at the Refinery already told me he wants to do one for Star Trek when I get a design. So I don't have to work backwards so much for that.
If I was do to say BSD or Congo, hit another of the bad movie great game trilogy, I'd totally do the same thing though, map the lights out ahead of time.

Yup that's what I thought...your a true Artist.

2 weeks later
4 years later
#206 1 year ago

I'm bringing this post back to life to see what the best mods are available today for Star Trek Pro. It looks like I'm picking one up this weekend and wanted to know what the best ones are for a Star Trek Pro. I know it's a matter of taste, but right now I'm looking at a Color DMD (since I can take it to the next machine) and the alternate translate off of Ebay. I'm curious as to what others think the best mods out there for this machine are.

Thanks!

#207 1 year ago

be nice for an update as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside