New T-Molding.JPG
DSC_0395.jpg
IM000905.JPG
IM000904.JPG
IM000903.JPG
download.jpg
ST1.jpg
DSC01576.JPG
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 10 years ago

Anybody ever find this kind of T-molding? Black center w/gold outside? It is on my IM.

Scott

IMG_1744.JPGIMG_1744.JPG
#103 10 years ago

Use these Star Trek Starfleet Command Division Badge Prop Replicas on the backbox speakers. I bought one and mounted it and I just ordered another. I'll take a picture and post it tonight. It looks great. The two mounting pins poke right through the holes in speaker grill (no damage) and you just attach the pin backings/holders on the backside. Just remove the speaker and I added a few washers to the speaker mounts to ensure the pin backings didn't hit the speaker cone. I thought they might rattle or vibrate but no issue with that even with my PSW10 subwoofer going -- so I'm not even going to worry about securing it further with any dampening material.

http://www.amazon.com/Starfleet-Command-Division-Badge-Replica/dp/B0039Q7QKE/ref=sr_1_1

Unfortunately, I also ordered the speaker decals posted here on Pinside. These metal Badge Prop Replicas look really nice so I'm going to stick with using them. If anyone wants the decals, let me know.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Unfortunately, I also ordered the speaker decals posted here on Pinside

Speaker decals?

#106 10 years ago

Yes, that's the decal. Thanks. Maybe I'll keep one and put it on the coin door. At any rate, here are the pics of the "Star Trek Starfleet Command Division Badge Prop Replica" that I ordered off of Amazon. I have a 2nd one on order since I the first one seems to have worked out well. It's a nice metal one (not plastic) and has a nice thickness to it that makes it look nice in the speaker grill recess.

IMG_1457.jpgIMG_1457.jpgIMG_1455.jpgIMG_1455.jpgIMG_1453.jpgIMG_1453.jpgIMG_1452.jpgIMG_1452.jpg

#107 10 years ago

Looks great.....but it's gonna block all the sound coming from the speaker.

#108 10 years ago

The Badge Prop Replica is having no discernible impact on the sound... but I'll let you know if I can tell a difference once I have one on both speakers. At the moment, I highly recommend it if you are looking for a super easy way to dress up the speaker panel.

http://www.amazon.com/Starfleet-Command-Division-Badge-Replica/dp/B0039Q7QKE/ref=sr_1_1

I'll take a picture of the backside mounting when I put the next one on in case anyone is interested and would like to see. Thanks.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The Badge Prop Replica is having no discernible impact on the sound... but I'll let you know if I can tell a difference once I have one on both speakers. At the moment, I highly recommend it if you are looking for a super easy way to dress up the speaker panel.
amazon.com link »
I'll take a picture of the backside mounting when I put the next one on in case anyone is interested and would like to see. Thanks.

I was just pullin your leg. They will look kick ass.

#110 10 years ago

Thanks. I was confused by the double emoticon. I didn't have my emoticon translator handy. Dammit Jim, I'm not an emoticon translator.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Dammit Jim, I'm not an emoticon translator.

Now THAT'S funny. Wish I had head room for toppers like you do.

#112 10 years ago

Illuminated drop target

image-537.jpgimage-537.jpg

#113 10 years ago

I've been thinking about getting that.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Illuminated drop target

image-537.jpg 217 KB

How difficult is this to put on? Any pictures under the pf?

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Yes, that's the decal. Thanks. Maybe I'll keep one and put it on the coin door. At any rate, here are the pics of the "Star Trek Starfleet Command Division Badge Prop Replica" that I ordered off of Amazon. I have a 2nd one on order since I the first one seems to have worked out well. It's a nice metal one (not plastic) and has a nice thickness to it that makes it look nice in the speaker grill recess.

Where did you get the toy on top?

IMG_1452.jpg 171 KB

IMG_1453.jpg 293 KB

IMG_1457.jpg 197 KB

IMG_1455.jpg 200 KB

#116 10 years ago

Where did you get the toy on top?

It was broadly available in 2011 or 2012 as I recall. My wife bought it for me at Target for 30% off clearance for Christmas in 2011/2012.... so, I already had it (as geeky as that makes me).

I think you'd have to try eBay at this point.

I pretty sure it's this Playmates one.... but I'm not 100% sure. lf so, the price doesn't look too bad. Better jump on it!

ebay.com link: Star Trek USS Enterprise SHIP MODEL from MOVIE

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

How difficult is this to put on? Any pictures under the pf?

Click on 'Installation' at the top here at http://mezelmods.com

It is easy, now Metallica is a different story.

#118 10 years ago

I received my 2nd Badge Prop Replica and took a picture of the backside mounting and with both on the machine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039Q7QKE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

IMG_1476.jpgIMG_1476.jpgIMG_1470.jpgIMG_1470.jpgIMG_1469.jpgIMG_1469.jpgIMG_1468.JPGIMG_1468.JPG

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I received my 2nd Badge Prop Replica and took a picture of the backside mounting and with both on the machine.

That looks sweet, nice work.

#121 10 years ago

I ordered two of the badge prop replicas from Amazon. Despite them listed as being in stock, it promised a delivery date about a month from now. Did you have a similar experience?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

I ordered two of the badge prop replicas from Amazon. Despite them listed as being in stock, it promised a delivery data about a month from now. Did you have a similar experience?

Yup. I don't even have a Star Trek yet but I ordered a couple just in case. Got that same weird time estimate. Figured I didn't really care, so I just let it ride. It might be BS.

#123 10 years ago

Same here, Delivery estimate mid march.

#124 10 years ago

I think if you care there's an Amazon Prime option for a couple bucks more each. I wasn't in any kind of rush so I just let it go, those estimates are often way off.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just a suggestion, but you can buy darker blue t-molding. If that was my machine I'd swap that in instead of the light blue to better match that nice powder coat.
http://www.t-molding.com/store/product.php?productid=21&cat=3&page=1
Not sure if your machine is ¾" you'll want to verify that before ordering if you do it.

Ordered I'll post some pics once I get and install it. The original look did not bother me but this should look better as the shade of blue appears to be much closer to the powder coat. Thanks for the tip and to everyone that posted info regarding the T-Molding.

#126 10 years ago

They just moved my ship date for the badges up a month. should be here next week.

#127 10 years ago

Yeah my badges shipped too, that estimate was garbage. The good news is I just put in an order on a Premium to stick them on.

So I won't have a Pro, but I am planning on giving mine my alt translite treatment, and I'll make sure the colors on it work with both the Pro and Premium if anyone is interested.

#128 10 years ago

I ordered the badges from eBay from China, let's see how they'll turn out - atleast in the pictures they looked the same...

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The good news is I just put in an order on a Premium to stick them on.

Good news indeed congrats!!!
Well got the T-Molding switched out here's some pics. Overall I think the color goes better with the theme and powder coat on the pin. First pic shows both colors one on each side for a frame of reference.
DSC01567-746.JPGDSC01567-746.JPG
DSC01574.JPGDSC01574.JPG
DSC01576.JPGDSC01576.JPG

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well got the T-Molding switched out here's some pics. Overall I think the color goes better with the theme and powder coat on the pin.

Nice. I think I'll probably have the same problem with the premium, t molding not matching powerdcoat, if it bugs me I'll swap it for black.

#131 10 years ago

Looks really nice. What is the size of the T-molding, which I should order for eBay? Does one need some special cutters for the T-molding or will e.g. scissors work just fine?

What do you think, would Star Trek Pro look better with chrome or black -colored T-moldings on the sides of the backbox? What about then if I were to order JoeRaptor's Speaker Overlay: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fstaking-pre-orders-st-pro-speaker-overlay ? Chrome or Black for T-moldings then?

Thanks for any tips!

#132 10 years ago

¾" t-molding, any sharp object will cut just fine, and chrome t-molding is tacky.

#133 10 years ago

Best looking pro that I have seen. Congrats!

#134 10 years ago

Good news indeed congrats!!!
Well got the T-Molding switched out here's some pics. Overall I think the color goes better with the theme and powder coat on the pin. First pic shows both colors one on each side for a frame of reference.

DSC01567-746.JPG 45 KB

DSC01574.JPG 53 KB

DSC01576.JPG 50 KB

very nice dude, i was thinking of doing the same thing. maybe not dark blue but chrome, something like that.

hey! love the free play and instructions cards.

#135 10 years ago

Black Tmolding[aST1.jpgST1.jpgttachment=0,193174]

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The good news is I just put in an order on a Premium to stick them on.

You couldn't resist, good for you and a Premium no less. I call first dibs on your Premium TL......if you decide to sell it that is. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the TL.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Looks really nice. What is the size of the T-molding, which I should order for eBay? Does one need some special cutters for the T-molding or will e.g. scissors work just fine?
What do you think, would Star Trek Pro look better with chrome or black -colored T-moldings on the sides of the backbox? What about then if I were to order JoeRaptor's Speaker Overlay: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fstaking-pre-orders-st-pro-speaker-overlay ? Chrome or Black for T-moldings then?
Thanks for any tips!

A SHARP razor knife works best for cutting T-molding. Black too.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You couldn't resist, good for you and a Premium no less. I call first dibs on your Premium TL......if you decide to sell it that is. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the TL.

Too late, someone already PM'd me earlier today to be first on the list for my as of yet non-existent product!

Honestly I got the bug after playing Rarehero's LE, and then I played a couple casual local tournments on it, and it's just a great, fun to shoot pin. I hope the Karl Urban pack is great, and I wouldn't be mad at rule improvements at all, but as it is I couldn't resist.

I know this is a Pro thread, so I'll keep the Premium specific stuff out of it. Obviously any translite I do will work fine on either Pro/Prem. I'll keep both the stock red and blue t-molding in mind.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this is a Pro thread, so I'll keep the Premium specific stuff out of it. Obviously any translite I do will work fine on either Pro/Prem. I'll keep both the stock red and blue t-molding in mind.

No need to keep Premium/LE info off. I mainly just made the title in response to the overflowing amount of threads that came about that seemed to exclude the Pro. Wanted to give Pro owners a thread to go to show off their stuff and get info on mods and such. However, discussion & mods for all models are welcome. It's cool seeing what pinheads come up with for the machines.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Too late, someone already PM'd me earlier today to be first on the list for my as of yet non-existent product!

No I mean the one that comes with your Premium...when you swap it out for the one you'll do.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No I mean the one that comes with your Premium...when you swap it out for the one you'll do.

Oh lol. I'll probably keep it so I can return it to stock if needed.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Black Tmolding// Error: Image 193174 not found //

ST1.jpg 38 KB

download.jpg 36 KB

Where did you get the speaker mod from

#143 10 years ago

The speaker mod would be cool if the stars were not on it. In my opinion, it looks a little tacky with the stars

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh lol. I'll probably keep it so I can return it to stock if needed.

I don't know, it adds a lot of clutter to the house....you should sell it to me. Yeah that's a good point, had to give it a try.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah my badges shipped too, that estimate was garbage. The good news is I just put in an order on a Premium to stick them on.

What are you thinking of doing with the red T-molding on the premium...other than waiting to see how good or bad the match with the rest of the machine?

My first thought was, if the match was off to perhaps paint the T-molding a deeper red.

Well got the T-Molding switched out here's some pics.

Pete...looks great.

Robert

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

What are you thinking of doing with the red T-molding on the premium...other than waiting to see how good or bad the match with the rest of the machine?

My first thought was, if the match was off to perhaps paint the T-molding a deeper red.

Gonna wait until I see it, I've never seen a Premium in person. But if it bugs me I'd most likely swap it for black, not try and paint it.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The speaker mod would be cool if the stars were not on it. In my opinion, it looks a little tacky with the stars

To each their own, almost every person that has come seen and played it made a comment that they thought the speaker lights & cover were awesome. I'm happy with em and would prefer having the stars to not. Respect the fact that their not your style though.

Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Where did you get the speaker mod from

http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

Quoted from beatmaster:

very nice dude, i was thinking of doing the same thing. maybe not dark blue but chrome, something like that.

Thanks man. Yeah, if I had the factory black powder coat I'd go with black for sure. With the color powder coat I have combined with colors in translight I don't think I'd like the black as much as the dark blue. Chrome could look pretty cool but it's been done by Stern for so many years now I've grown sick of it.

#148 10 years ago

Got my decals today. Put one on the coin door, other above the dmd. Thanks Bob, they look great.

IM000903.JPGIM000903.JPG IM000904.JPGIM000904.JPG IM000905.JPGIM000905.JPG
#149 10 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Got my decals today. Put one on the coin door, other above the dmd. Thanks Bob, they look great.

IM000903.JPG 106 KB

IM000904.JPG 270 KB

IM000905.JPG 325 KB

nice, love the idea, hmmmmm.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I like the one above the DMD. There is just to much space there otherwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-modsenhancements/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.