Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wamonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
star-trek-warp-speed-mr-scott-jason-politte.jpg
enterprise.gif
17.jpg
funny-spock-star-trek-yourself-before-wreck-movie-pics.jpg
IM000923.JPG
P2281213.JPG
New T-Molding.JPG
DSC_0395.jpg
IM000905.JPG
IM000904.JPG
IM000903.JPG
download.jpg
ST1.jpg
DSC01576.JPG

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I put on the Refinery chrome apron last night, looks great (top picture) but now I need these 2 stickers (next 2 pictures). Where do I get them?

mod 6.JPG 261 KB

STapron sticker.JPG 210 KB

STshooter decal.JPG 281 KB

You can remove and reuse them. They com off easily. Start them up with a razor blade

#52 6 years ago

Why not make a card with the same info and design and put it in the right pocket where the cost is? That way you get the info, and don't cover up the chrome. The little one you can probably peel and reuse on the shooter.

Unless it's on location and you need to tell how much it costs...

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

I like what you did with the pro, I have a premium, more of curiousness question? If u put that much into the pro y didnt u end up getting a premium?

I honestly like to add things onto pins so if I got a Premium I'd still be adding speaker lights, shaker, back box light mod, undercab lighting ect. So the extra cost for what I would be getting did not entice me to go Premium. I picked up my machine from Pinball Refinery and did not need to pay shipping which helped. And honestly after having my Refinery Pro for a month I had an offer to buy my pin and upgrade to the Premium. I just loved the look of the Refinery Pro I had. I didn't want to change to the Premium. All models are awesome so not trying to talk down about any of them but I loved how the Refinery Pro played and looked too much to let it go which was good for me since I ended up saving me well over $1,000+ then if I went with Premium.

Quoted from dav8515:

have to disagree with that

We all have our own perspective. Fact of the mater is it is the exact same layout with only differences play wise being VUK and Kickback. To me the additions did not entice me to upgrade for the cost. No biggie to each their own.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

The Dudes ST Abides!

Thanks bud!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I put on the Refinery chrome apron last night, looks great (top picture) but now I need these 2 stickers (next 2 pictures). Where do I get them?

As others have already mentioned, I modified my XM Apron the decals on the plastic apron peeled off very easily and I was able to reuse them. I used an exact o knife to get a corner up then carefully removed them.

#54 6 years ago

As others have already mentioned, I modified my XM Apron the decals on the plastic apron peeled off very easily and I was able to reuse them. I used an exact o knife to get a corner up then carefully removed them.

They peeled right off. I'll have to try that, thanks.

#55 6 years ago

My dad (btw I'm 14 young pinhead fanatic) maybe thinking of buying a Star Trek pro around may although its expensive and will need to sell of some of my dad's current machines(not taf,sttng) plus it may be our first nib experience if we do eventually.
I was wondering what would be the essentials to get for it ???

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

My dad (btw I'm 14 young pinhead fanatic) maybe thinking of buying a Star Trek pro around may although its expensive and will need to sell of some of my dad's current machines(not taf,sttng) plus it may be our first nib experience if we do eventually.

Hi son

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Used track 14 - Star Trek Theme... Use Audacity start from around 38s:06ms, I wanted intense music all the way through, lol ...Change request 26 in pinball browser, load code and your done.

Thank you! Exactly what I was hoping to learn.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Best to start with stock and then decide if it is worth it to add anything. Easiest thing to add is a shaker motor - usually takes about a half an hour.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Care to share some pics of the topper?

IMG_0839 (2).JPG

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

I put the new Star Trek theme into the 1.41 code through Pinball Browser, it plays on a loop for a 1:01, when you pick your missions.

Care to collaborate on replacing all of the music? I have some basic editing and mixing ability. It took a few hours today, but I edited the theme to fit into almost exactly 1:01:33. It sounds similar to the edit used in the Stern trailer (below). The part that I think I need the most help on is identifying which music tracks go with any particular mode.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Best to start with stock and then decide if it is worth it to add anything. Easiest thing to add is a shaker motor - usually takes about a half an hour.

People say to buy balls from pinball life unstead of using stock stern pinballs

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Care to collaborate on replacing all of the music? I have some basic editing and mixing ability. It took a few hours today, but I edited the theme to fit into almost exactly 1:01:33. It sounds similar to the edit used in the Stern trailer (below). The part that I think I need the most help on is identifying which music tracks go with any particular mode.
» YouTube video

I just took the music from Star Trek - Into Darkness Album (Track 14), used Audacity to format it properly, there are some good tutorials on this just google... When you add the 1.41 code into Pinball Browser, you need to go to the sounds button and just listen to all of the sounds the game makes and decide which ones you want to replace... I took request #26 and added in a portion of the ST Theme into there is only room for a 1 minutes bit there. You can then keep doing this will other requests if you want the really customize your machine, haven't gone that far yet but man is it ever great with the new theme music in there...

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

I just took the music from Star Trek - Into Darkness Album (Track 14), used Audacity to format it properly, ...

I was hoping to go further. My goals are:
1) Replace music with music from the soundtrack. (This is the easy part.)
2) Avoid abrupt cut-offs by remixing the music as necessary to fit within the available time. So for example, I remixed track 14 to begin and end within 1:01. I am hoping to do this for all of the music. (This is the harder part.)
3) Use music corresponding to the that which was used in the film. So, for example, I want to use the music in the scene where Kirk and Spock are running from the natives in the Prime Directive mode. (I could use a bit of help here in figuring out which Sound Request is used in Prime Directive.)

#65 6 years ago

I added a couple of Klingon ships and mirror blades. It really balances out the look of the game.

image.jpg image-48.jpg
#66 6 years ago

I've got the ship in your first photo but I can't figure out how or where to run the power wire, especially with a hole big enough to run the power plug through. I have a Pro.

#67 6 years ago

Okay now for the pics. Below I tried to give you a nice look at the great powder coat job included in the Pinball Refinery Edition.

Dude, your machine still looks great.

Thanks for letting me come play it, wish I could justify the money to get one myself.

When I thought I'd get one I got a topper and a ST shooter rod, which are now in the garage in the original boxes. Maybe someday I'll get a machine and be able to install what I have.

I'm enjoying my Spider-man, but still really want to get a ST...maybe in a few years.

Robert

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

» YouTube video

Once you've done or anyone who had done this any gameplay footage and a comparison would help

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've got the ship in your first photo but I can't figure out how or where to run the power wire, especially with a hole big enough to run the power plug through. I have a Pro.

I run the wire into the switch hole for the spinner.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-mod-bird-of-prey-by-mezelmods#post-1403995

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Dude, your machine still looks great.
Thanks for letting me come play it, wish I could justify the money to get one myself.
When I thought I'd get one I got a topper and a ST shooter rod, which are now in the garage in the original boxes. Maybe someday I'll get a machine and be able to install what I have.
I'm enjoying my Spider-Man, but still really want to get a ST...maybe in a few years.
Robert

Thanks! No problem my friend if you want to come down and give it some more play when making a decision one way or another let me know. Glad to hear your enjoying SM it's one of my all time favorites.

Some of my favorite things included in the Refinery Pro are: the shaker, color changing light strip hanging above (shining down) on backboard of playfield making it look like the ship is moving through space, powder coat with chromed screws and shooter housing, apron equipped with flashers tied to gameplay, some of the GI LED bulb changes Gio made. Last but surely not least the crazy backbox LED kit with adjustable brightness and a crazy amount of interactive flashers. I plan on adding some ships just not sure which ones and how many they look pretty cool in pics some Pinsiders have posted here.

#71 6 years ago

But I have the Refinery edition and it goes over the Warp ramp on my Pro.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

People say to buy balls from pinball life unstead of using stock stern pinballs

I agree completely.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I agree completely.

I will 3rd that please NIB buyers never use the balls provided by Stern with the machines. Get some decent pinballs elsewhere it is worth it.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I added the Enterprise and freakin' phasers.
Image (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)

IMG_1359.JPG 183 KB

IMG_1367.jpg 227 KB

IMG_1366.jpg 251 KB

IMG_1361.JPG 196 KB

.... And I hooked up the PSW10 powered subwoofer tonight which goes nicely with my shaker motor.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I was hoping to go further. My goals are) Replace music with music from the soundtrack. (This is the easy part.)2) Avoid abrupt cut-offs by remixing the music as necessary to fit within the available time. So for example, I remixed track 14 to begin and end within 1:01. I am hoping to do this for all of the music. (This is the harder part.)3) Use music corresponding to the that which was used in the film. So, for example, I want to use the music in the scene where Kirk and Spock are running from the natives in the Prime Directive mode. (I could use a bit of help here in figuring out which Sound Request is used in Prime Directive.)

Ya you have to fool around with audicity if I remember correct 38ss06ms was the prefect place to start and end the theme music. For other cuts in the soundtrack I just listen to them then start and end the themes or sounds where I can to fit the time of the request #. As for determining the sound request, that is the tough part, I turn on my machine and listen for the sound in each mode, then got pinball browser and try to replicate it in test mode in the request number when I have a match I know that si the music i want to replace. There is no request roadmap it is hard work to go in there and test every sound and then go to your machine and make those sounds so you knwo which ones you want to change, sorry but that is the best advise I got for how I did it... I am not a professional sound editor by all means, lol...

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Ya you have to fool around with audicity if I remember correct 38ss06ms was the prefect place to start and end the theme music. For other cuts in the soundtrack I just listen to them then start and end the themes or sounds where I can to fit the time of the request #. As for determining the sound request, that is the tough part, I turn on my machine and listen for the sound in each mode, then got pinball browser and try to replicate it in test mode in the request number when I have a match I know that si the music i want to replace. There is no request roadmap it is hard work to go in there and test every sound and then go to your machine and make those sounds so you knwo which ones you want to change, sorry but that is the best advise I got for how I did it... I am not a professional sound editor by all means, lol...

I was about to start going through the code to find which sound requests correspond to which modes. If you already did this can you share your results?

Thanks

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Here's mine. I went a little ship happy.

DSCN0105[1].JPG 216 KB

not a darn thing wrong with that!

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was about to start going through the code to find which sound requests correspond to which modes. If you already did this can you share your results?
Thanks

Do quote me here but here it is so far...

Request 26 - Start of Mission Music (Where I put the ST Theme)
Request 33 - End Credits 0:43:091
Request 44 - Prime Directive 1:13:827
Request 47 - Klingon Battle 0:38:422
Request 50 - Space Jump 0:57:541
Request 53 - Destroy the Drill 0:51:696
Request 56 - Nero 0:46:305
Request 59 - Save the Enterprise 1:05:827

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Do quote me here but here it is so far...

Thank you!

#80 6 years ago

Has anybody come up with a mod to replace the sidebands for the backbox? I was thinking about painting the siderails, lockdown bar to some other color than black, but the sidebands should be in sync with that. One possibility would be to paint the siderails, coin door and lockdown bar with similar light blue I guess.

Please share your pictures of any armors that you have had painted!

ST_Bands.jpg
#81 6 years ago

That is standard T molding used in standard arcade equipment.

#82 6 years ago

I put black on mine. Chrome would look good too.DSCN0098[1].JPG

#83 6 years ago

The black looks great. Where did you order it from?

#84 6 years ago

T-molding.com

#85 6 years ago

Dude, how did you do the chase lights? Is it a mod you can buy or did you rig something up yourself?

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Dude, how did you do the chase lights? Is it a mod you can buy or did you rig something up yourself?

I added these strips, the slide in between the ramp and screws of the optos. Added two small beads of glue to secure...looks factory. They are currently hooked up to my 12V(constantly on), but will be playing with relays/caps this weekend to see if I can get it to only light up when the red led below the insignia is flashing (indicating to shoot the warp ramp). They will work on 5V too, but flash at a slower rate and are not quite as bright.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I added these strips, the slide in between the ramp and screws of the optos. Added two small beads of glue to secure...looks factory. They are currently hooked up to my 12V(constantly on), but will be playing with relays/caps this weekend to see if I can get it to only light up when the red led below the insignia is flashing (indicating to shoot the warp ramp). They will work on 5V too, but flash at a slower rate and are not quite as bright.
» YouTube video

WOW, those are pretty bright, they would work perfect!

#88 6 years ago

I just bought some and will be working on these too

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I just bought some and will be working on these too

Ah good!

#91 6 years ago

Been a busy Sat. so far with my Pro. Got the pf rails and side mirrors on. 2nd to last pic is up field looking at the flipper and chrome apron. Last pic. is a shot of how the out lane looks with the chrome apron on, they now have side mirrors also. Now to work on another game.

PFrails.JPG SideMirror 1.JPG SideRirror 2.JPG SideMirror 3.JPG SideMirror 4.JPG MirrorapronFlipper.JPG MirrorapronOutlane.JPG
#92 6 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response. I actually bought the kit from Pinball Decals linked below. While it did take some time and ingenuity to install the product works very well. One major issue is there are eight lighting effect modes that can occur when a ball passes like slow sweep from LED 1 to LED 8 or three fast sweeps (speed of strobe can be controlled by a nob). I much prefer mode 4 to all the others but once I select the mode and shut the machine down it forgets the mode I want. So I had to re harness the wires to allow the controller to go close enough to the coin door that I can reach in and pick the mode that way rather than having to lift the playfield. I still plan on contacting Pinball Decals to see if there is a way to save your preferred mode.

Its a pretty cool product and is gameplay interactive which is nice. When the flashers in the game go crazy like when you defeat the vengeance and a few other instances in the game the ramp LEDs will run through a cycle which looks pretty cool and like it was meant to go off at that time. Overall I love what they add to the game for the price point.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/RampLedPage.html

#94 6 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response. I actually bought the kit from Pinball Decals linked below. While it did take some time and ingenuity to install the product works very well. One major issue is there are eight lighting effect modes that can occur when a ball passes like slow sweep from LED 1 to LED 8 or three fast sweeps (speed of strobe can be controlled by a nob). I much prefer mode 4 to all the others but once I select the mode and shut the machine down it forgets the mode I want. So I had to re harness the wires to allow the controller to go close enough to the coin door that I can reach in and pick the mode that way rather than having to lift the playfield. I still plan on contacting Pinball Decals to see if there is a way to save your preferred mode.
Its a pretty cool product and is gameplay interactive which is nice. When the flashers in the game go crazy like when you defeat the vengeance and a few other instances in the game the ramp LEDs will run through a cycle which looks pretty cool and like it was meant to go off at that time. Overall I love what they add to the game for the price point.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/RampLedPage.html

Thanks Dude!

#95 6 years ago

The machines are looking good, enjoyed looking at them

#96 6 years ago

I ordered that kit from pinballdecals a few weeks ago but they've been on back order forever

#97 6 years ago

I think if I bought a Pro or a Premium I'd have to make myself a new translite featuring the Enterprise instead of actors' heads, and I'd swap out the t-molding for black.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd swap out the t-molding for black.

I wish they made a blue chrome molding. That would work perfect.

#99 6 years ago

what size is the T-molding everyone is getting - I haven't bought any for years since I built a mame machine...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Maryville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Asheboro, NC
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
8,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Lockport, IL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside