New T-Molding.JPG
DSC_0395.jpg
IM000905.JPG
IM000904.JPG
IM000903.JPG
download.jpg
ST1.jpg
DSC01576.JPG
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

Hey all, I know not everyone loves modding out a pin but this thread is for those that do. I've been wanting to share pics of the mods that some very cool pinheads have been nice enough to design for us. Now I have some thanking to do. I got a Star Trek Pro Refinery Edition from Gio (Pinsider Handle Zdoor) at Pinball Refinery and could not be happier with the service or product. This Refinery Pro has way too many mods included to list here so please refer to their site or PM Gio on Pinside for specifics. Thanks Gio! Pinball Refinery's awesome mods can be found here: http://pinballrefinery.com/

I got some great looking decals to put on the sides from Joe from PinGraffix (Pinside Handle joeraptor2003) and they are durable and have a nice shine to them not to mention a design that flows very well with the pin and theme. Some of Joe's products can be found on Pinball Life's website but not all of them so PM him on Pinside if you have a question regarding his products. Thanks Joe! Here's a link to his new design: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%E2%80%A2star-trek-le-pinblades-first-glimpse%E2%80%A2

I received perfectly cut set of sling and inlane protectors from Joe at Laseriffic (Pinside Handle Laseriffic). They look great and add a nice finishing touch to the look of the plastics. Many of Joe's awesome mods & toppers can be found at Pinball Life for protectors just give him a PM here on Pinside. Link to Laseriffic online shop: http://www.laseriffic.com/
Thanks Joe!

Okay now for the pics. Below I tried to give you a nice look at the great powder coat job included in the Pinball Refinery Edition.

1.jpg1.jpg
2.JPG2.JPG
3.JPG3.JPG

#3 10 years ago

First 3 pic are of Joe's pinblade decals others are of sling and inlane protectors provided by Laseriffic.

7.JPG7.JPG
166331-i.jpg166331-i.jpg
166332-i.jpg166332-i.jpg
8.JPG8.JPG
9.JPG9.JPG
10-154.JPG10-154.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Speaker lights and warp ramp chase lights:
11.JPG11.JPG
12.JPG12.JPG
13.JPG13.JPG

#5 10 years ago

Looks awesome I'm excited to see other postings on this thread. I'm hoping to purchase a Star Trek Pro really soon.

#6 10 years ago

It does look awesome. Those guys do a great job. Very talented.

#7 10 years ago

Where did the speaker lights come from?

#8 10 years ago

Here's mine. I went a little ship happy.DSCN0105[1].JPGDSCN0105[1].JPG

#9 10 years ago

The speaker lights are available from pinballtoppers.com

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Where did the speaker lights come from?

+1 I would love to have those speaker lights.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks Ramjet . . . just ordered.

#12 10 years ago

Forgot to mention the interactive under cab lighting kit Gio sent out to me. Everything is tied to gameplay with the appropriate color to match. Looks great!

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, got the starfield blades from joe. They are a must have. Also got the klingon ship from refinery but// Error: Image 181334 not found // haven't installed it yet. Have the speaker light and custom topper as well. Where do you stop?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Here's mine. I went a little ship happy.

DSCN0105[1].JPG 216 KB

Looks good Crank!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Here's mine. I went a little ship happy.

DSCN0105[1].JPG 216 KB

When I first glanced, something seemed... Well, a little too squared off. Are you a perfectionist? Perhaps consider angling the ships a bit. A little more randomness might be good! Just a suggestion. Nice work though.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Yeah, got the starfield blades from joe. They are a must have. Also got the klingon ship from refinery but haven't installed it yet. Have the speaker light and custom topper as well. Where do you stop?

Hey if you know where we stop please let me know!! Care to share some pics of the topper?

Any other Pro owners got some ideas/pics to share with us? I remember seeing a member came out with a lit insert to put over the plastic under the Vengeance ship any of you all try that out?

#17 10 years ago

Dude.

Thanks for the mention... Your Pro looks tight.. I have to say. Nicely done.

You go that right guys for the job that is FOR SURE.

-Joe

#18 10 years ago

Looks like I'm gonna have to keep this mod thread going solo. Found this shooter mod done by Pinsider Tmezel looking pretty promising. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-mod-lighted-shooter-mezelmods#post-1406402
181052-i.jpg181052-i.jpg

#19 10 years ago

I just ordered these from pinbits. I also ordered the Pop Bumper addons they have Listed as well.
They have them for the Pro and the LE.

I am waiting on my Blade Decals to come in, and the DMD aluminum Decal. I put lollipop siderails on my Pro already and put the Hallmark Enterprise in it. And Shaker Motor.
Also upgreaded some of the factory LEDs.
I will post pics when its all in and put together,

Star trek slings.jpgStar trek slings.jpg

#20 10 years ago

The first Mod i did to mine , was a shaker motor, Gotta have this one on the game.!! A total must..got it from marco for 195.00.... I also have a few hallmark ships I got off Ebay, and will be putting those on soon. Cliffy makes a protector for the kick-out scoop on the left. I will be getting one of those.
Also, tmezel has a few great mod's for our game., etsy.com.. He did that shooter mod, but it needs to be inclosed with a round handle.....and i will get one.
I do like the slings protector's dude..,thanks for the link..

#21 10 years ago

I like what you did with the pro, I have a premium, more of curiousness question? If u put that much into the pro y didnt u end up getting a premium?

#22 10 years ago

If you put this much into a premium, you could buy a LE.... it's all realative..

#23 10 years ago

The Dudes ST Abides!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

If you put this much into a premium, you could buy a LE.... it's all realative..

its relative, but the game play on the premium is the same as the LE, I personally dont want to buy any LE bc I am just dont want to be a supporter of them, but the game play is different so it was more of just a curiousness of y, wasnt trying to offend anyone

#25 10 years ago

Pro plays almost like a prem/LE.....game-wise., Mod's are just what people want to add to their game to enhance the experience..

#26 10 years ago

I just installed the pinbits vengeance dress up kit on my STLE. I think it looks pretty cool it adds the blue spacer ring beneath the main saucer. I also added the pinbits drop target air ball deflector shown in this same pic (it really helps!)
image-734.jpgimage-734.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Pro plays just like a prem/LE.....game-wise., Mod's are just what people want to add to their game to enhance the experience..

have to disagree with that

#28 10 years ago

I think why some went with the Pro and are modding it is they just don't see that big of a difference in gameplay from a LE. I had the option of either when I bought my pro. I went with the pro. And plan to use the money left to buy another Williams DMD pin. The VUK and Kickback added on the LE were not enough of a gamechanger for me. The rest is just bling that I could mod myself.

LE = more computer controlled lights, VUK, Kickback , wireforms, starfield laser, and one more forward movement on the vengance.
Everything else is cosmetic and can or could be done to a pro.
I think a starfield laser mod could be added to a pro eventually. And the phaser siderails.

Either way all versions of Star Trek are amazing. Its great that all these mods are coming out for it.

#29 10 years ago

Picking up a pro, so going to keep tabs on this and see if there is anything I like.

#30 10 years ago

Great thread. Beautiful game Dude. I personally love the pro artwork.

I installed the Pinbits Vengence plexi and the speaker panel thicker plexi last night. I have the pop bumper kit and blue X pin DMD to install soon. Ill add pics after.

#31 10 years ago

I added Tim's Flasher Mod under Vengance. Also added the Super Bands post rubbers. Expensive, but so far I like them.

Anyone add the shaker? Is it worth it?

Enterprise is on the way along with speaker inserts and lights. The only other thing I want at this time is the blade decals.

ST 1.JPGST 1.JPG
#32 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

I added Tim's Flasher Mod under Vengance. Also added the Super Bands post rubbers. Expensive, but so far I like them.
Anyone add the shaker? Is it worth it?
Enterprise is on the way along with speaker inserts and lights. The only other thing I want at this time is the blade decals.

ST 1.JPG 282 KB

Done a bunch of custom pros. DEFINITELY add the shaker...

#33 10 years ago

Woa I didn't know you could get superband post rubbers those look nice and should last way longer.
Where did you buy them? Can you link me please.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay now for the pics. Below I tried to give you a nice look at the great powder coat job included in the Pinball Refinery Edition.

Just a suggestion, but you can buy darker blue t-molding. If that was my machine I'd swap that in instead of the light blue to better match that nice powder coat.

http://www.t-molding.com/store/product.php?productid=21&cat=3&page=1

Not sure if your machine is ¾" you'll want to verify that before ordering if you do it.

#35 10 years ago

This is great work, I've bought a Pro that will be used at the Texas Pinball Festival in the tournament area and then I'll take it home. For me I couldn't justify the extra money on the LE, and besides I really like tinkering with the machines almost as much as playing them so figured I could tinker all I want with a Pro and not worry about messing it up.

If I bought an LE it would just sit there and be played, not a bad thing, but not really my nature to leave something completely alone

#36 10 years ago

+1 on adding a shaker. It is well used and definitely adds to the sense to it being a space battle.

#37 10 years ago

I added the Enterprise and freakin' phasers.

IMG_1359.JPGIMG_1359.JPGIMG_1367.jpgIMG_1367.jpgIMG_1366.jpgIMG_1366.jpgIMG_1361.JPGIMG_1361.JPG

#38 10 years ago

The Enterprise was easily modded to be hooked up to voltage (not completed yet). For the documentation sake, the hardest decision was how to mount it. I used the same 1-5/8" space that is holding up the end of the ramp return. At the bottom, I simple cut off the head of a screw and threaded in the existing post and the spacer. I the top, I drilled a hole through the battery compartment cover and screwed a bolt through the cover and into the spacer and then put the battery cover back on the ship.

The phaser is a laser line from Harbor Freight ($5). It's not mounted yet in a couple of the pictures, but in one of the pictures you'll see it mounted right next to the right lamp that's on the right sling. I need to wire it up still. It was running off the batteries for demo purposes.

I plan to wire everything into my PIG2 so it will take me a bit to sort all that out and decide how/when to trigger the laser but that will be a fun part of the project.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Woa I didn't know you could get superband post rubbers those look nice and should last way longer.

Got them from Marco.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-2764-22

Sounds like the shaker is a must. Blade decals and shaker--check.

tbanthony- that laser looks awesome. Post some video when you're done.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3305

#41 10 years ago

I put the new Star Trek theme into the 1.41 code through Pinball Browser, it plays on a loop for a 1:01, when you pick your missions. Really sweet when you crank it up, just need to add a sub to it... Undo the glaring omission from Stern, just wished that they encoded a full 3:25 so the whole theme could have been inserted in there...

#42 10 years ago

Dang . . . last time I checked I didn't see any at PL. I usually order most of my stuff from them. Next time.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

Also added the Super Bands post rubbers. Expensive, but so far I like them.

Did you install the Super Band rubbers on the outlane posts as well? I'm wondering if they bounce differently in that critical area.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Did you install the Super Band rubbers on the outlane posts as well? I'm wondering if they bounce differently in that critical area.

I did-I put them on all the posts that had donuts including the area in the pops . . . a little more action that I noticed, but need more game time on it.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I put the new Star Trek theme into the 1.41 code through Pinball Browser, it plays on a loop for a 1:01, when you pick your missions. Really sweet when you crank it up, just need to add a sub to it... Undo the glaring omission from Stern, just wished that they encoded a full 3:25 so the whole theme could have been inserted in there...

What Request # was it? Sorting through all the sound Requests in Pinball Browser is part of what takes a bunch of time. Thanks! I bought the Star Trek movie soundtrack. Any details on which specific soundtrack song you used and if pulled a section out of the middle of the song (start time)... all those details would be helpful. I did some work on my POTC and because the sound snippets are so short, the largest amount of work involved was trying to pick a section or sections of a song and then ensuring that it didn't start or stop mid-note and sound bad.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I added the Enterprise and freakin' phasers.

Man that is Great!!!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

What Request # was it? Sorting through all the sound Requests in Pinball Browser is part of what takes a bunch of time. Thanks! I bought the Star Trek movie soundtrack. Any details on which specific soundtrack song you used and if pulled a section out of the middle of the song (start time)... all those details would be helpful. I did some work on my POTC and because the sound snippets are so short, the largest amount of work involved was trying to pick a section or sections of a song and then ensuring that it didn't start or stop mid-note and sound bad.

Used track 14 - Star Trek Theme... Use Audacity start from around 38s:06ms, I wanted intense music all the way through, lol ...Change request 26 in pinball browser, load code and your done.

#48 10 years ago

I put on the Refinery chrome apron last night, looks great (top picture) but now I need these 2 stickers (next 2 pictures). Where do I get them?

mod 6.JPGmod 6.JPG
STapron sticker.JPGSTapron sticker.JPG
STshooter decal.JPGSTshooter decal.JPG

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I put on the Refinery chrome apron last night, look great (top picture) but now I need these 2 stickers (next 2 pictures). Where do I get them?

I peeled mine off the stock apron.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

...but now I need these 2 stickers (next 2 pictures). Where do I get them?

mod 6.JPG 261 KB

STapron sticker.JPG 210 KB

STshooter decal.JPG 281 KB

personaly i wouldn't put the sticker in the middle of the apron or make a small one or a insigna sticker, why put something on that chrome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-modsenhancements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.