Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RoboBot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys. I’ll start by saying I have not found any info on this specifically so wanted to start a new thread. Been toying around with the idea of purchasing an after market laser from link below or anywhere else. I’m fairly confident the community could get it mounted. The issue is having it run at the proper time. I’m willing to attempt this install and do some fabrication work to make this work but I’m clueless when it comes to the code/programming side of things. Any ideas? Maybe this has already been successfully done? Please don’t comment “should have bought a premium” there are lots of people that can not afford the premium and are perfectly happy with their pro. For $79 and some DIY mounting, seems like this should have been done a long time ago.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-laser-upgrade-p-40.html

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Hey guys. I’ll start by saying I have not found any info on this specifically so wanted to start a new thread. Been toying around with the idea of purchasing an after market laser from link below or anywhere else. I’m fairly confident the community could get it mounted. The issue is having it run at the proper time. I’m willing to attempt this install and do some fabrication work to make this work but I’m clueless when it comes to the code/programming side of things. Any ideas? Maybe this has already been successfully done? Please don’t comment “should have bought a premium” there are lots of people that can not afford the premium and are perfectly happy with their pro. For $79 and some DIY mounting, seems like this should have been done a long time ago.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-bolt-on-mods-star-trek-laser-upgrade-p-40.html

This mod looks to replace only the laser itself, requiring you to source the rest of the mech that it mounts into. I would think that if it has already been done that it would be well documented in the Stern Star Trek threads. I'd start by contacting Pinball-Mods for details.

#3 4 years ago

It has not been done to my knowledge. I’m not concerned about the physical aspects of getting it to fit and work. I feel confident in that. I’m concerned with the programming or coding it to work at the exact time. Maybe some people with a premium can take some photos of the mounting location?

#4 4 years ago

Would love to see this done!

#5 4 years ago

Located the Mech and laser. Mounting it should be a piece of cake. Just the programming now! Anyone?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7512-00

#6 4 years ago

Tomtest has done this. He connected a timer to start it at Klingon multiball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installed-a-laser-in-my-st-pro-today

#7 4 years ago

Great info! Looks like he wanted to do that. Not sure if he was successful. I PM’d him.

1 year later
#8 3 years ago

Any updates on how you made out? I'd love to have one going on my pro.

2 months later
#9 3 years ago

Any luck?

8 months later
#10 2 years ago

Curious myself? Any photos on parts and mod installed since one a few years ago?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-laser-light-show-mod-can-it-be-done-?hl=toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.