Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I played about $15.00 at .75 per play $2.00 for three games at my local / walking distance bar tonight. (The Ye Olde Saloon-Royal Oak, Michigan.

Disclosure, due to recent debates- I am a future WO# LE owner, a non Star Trek license fan, and an average player in the Detroit Pinball League.

Playfield Art- The playfield art is to my liking, simple clean lines that appeal to my modern art sensibility.

Lights- The inserts and overall lighting is the best I have seen in a pro model. They looked great and seem to add to the value of a pro machine. As I played non pinhead patrons oohed and aahed over the light show. (Patron-"I had no idea they still made pinball machines. Those lights are crazy man.". Patrons friend- "I guess they do." Patron- "So...Do they make one of.. like every new movie that comes out?" Me- (Laughs inside) "No man. Just every so often."

Rules- The rules seemed to be fairly standard for an early release, basic yet accessible and fun. They did not feel that different form mode to mode at this point. When I say feel, I mean sense of urgency and importance. How much can I know though, and rate based on a few games? I am looking forward to updates.

Shot layout- It feels similar to other games by Stern, XMEN, RBION, but varied enough to not be a rehash (refake for those who like the term

Game play- This is where the game shines, setting aside rules for now, and comparisons to other games, ST PRO is a blast to shoot. Its mega fast like most Sterns. The shots have a fair amount of "flow", minus the center shot and far left saucer. I loved the warp ramp, and trying to string together as many loops in a row as I could. The best I could do was 4. My best game was about 46,000,000. give or take a few mill.

Cabinet Art- Who cares, just play the game.

Overall opinion- I like it. The only current game I would compare it to is XMEN. I say this because of the layout, and the ball locks for multi ball, The left saucer is one of the locks, so that differs from XMEN, but the overall "feel" was similar to me. (not a bad thing, I like XMEN) The game was better to me in some aspects then XMEN, and lacking in others. The main toy in ST Pro is much better then the lack of "moving" toys in XMEN. If I had to choose between the two games with money in hand, it would be a hard choice. If the themes were of equal value to me, I would likely go with ST. That being said, with ST being so close to my house at my local watering hole, I will just play it there and save myself a few thousand.

Important part of the review- While playing, a few guys and girls were watching me play. I invited them to play with me, and paid for their games. They had no idea that pinball was a multi player game. They were first time type players. I explained basic rules to a few people who were interested as well as basic flipper skills (one flipper at a time) One player was interested enough to ask questions ranging from points, flipper skills, history of pinball....etc. I believe it is a nice gesture to ask people to play with you, and buy them a game.

I had a great night playing and I look forward to more plays on the latest from Stern.

#2 10 years ago

Always nice to introduce new people to pinball - thanks for doing that.

#4 10 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it! I enjoy mine and so do the locals that are playing it at on location. Lots of first time folks attracted to the lights and theme.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Glad you enjoyed it! I enjoy mine and so do the locals that are playing it at on location. Lots of first time folks attracted to the lights and theme.

Again, it all comes down to code.

2 weeks later
#6 10 years ago

Update. I played the LE and felt it made the pro look cheaper but my game play opinion did not change

#7 10 years ago

I managed to string together six consecutive warp ramp shots on the pro on my last visit to the Ye Olde Saloon.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Update. I played the LE and felt it made the pro look cheaper but my game play opinion did not change

It is cheaper. $3,500 cheaper.

#9 10 years ago

good game report PEN
getting new ppl into pinball is always grand

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It is cheaper. $3,500 cheaper.

True.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-first-impressions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.