2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hello all.

Having some issues with star trek pro drop target. I've gone through the forums and found most of the quick fix threads. I've tried the washers and made sure everything is tight but still having an issue.
    Direct hits on the target register 9 out of ten times. The locking magnet works and the target will trap the ball. But it still pops up and down and sometimes has trouble releasing the ball after locking.
    It seems to hold until u hit a flipper to choose your mission then starts popping up and down and scoring 5 k points.
    Then it will.hold again until you fire the ball and start playing.
    It's almost like something is telling the solenoid that controls the brass arm to fire and drop the target.
    Any ideas?
    Should I just try and order a new drop assembly and replace the whole thing?
    Cheers and thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

Check if switch 33 is behaving normally (otpo by ship) using the switch test. Check if the plastic ledge that holds the drop target is broken.

#3 2 years ago

My top lock switch flickers on and off during testing. I think it constantly thinks there is a ball locked and is dropping the target to let it out.

Thanks for the advice. Seems to require changing.

Cheers!

#4 2 years ago

... And that's an opto, yes? Have you checked its alignment?

#5 2 years ago

Those optos, the way they bend the wires around to solder them on the pad, the wires break off at the solder pad. And those optos are a BITCH to get out because you have to remove just about everything in that area including the ramps. Been there, done that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-drop-target- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.