Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wnorwich89
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Had an issue with the machine auto launching balls at the beginning of every game, every new ball, etc, before I could select a mode. Narrowed it down to the left ramp entrance opto being loose and switching everytime the trough upkick cycled. Problem diagnosed, now just have to figure out how to fix it. Problem is that in raising and lowering the playfield I screwed something up and none of the coils in the machine work other than the one that shakes the Vengeance.

This is when playing a game, no ball kicked into the shooter lane, no flippers, etc. Same in coil diag, only the Vengeance works. Switch diag looks ok. Trough diag is no go as well, totally dead. No technician alerts. Fuses are fine. I plan to call Stern tomorrow, but anyone want to help a rookie out?

#2 4 years ago

Are all the connectors seated in the driver board ok?

#3 4 years ago

I looked everything for about an hour or so, didn't see anything that wasn't connected. Followed the wires back to to the backbox, don't mean to sound ignorant, but that where you're talking about, correct?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from wnorwich89:

I looked everything for about an hour or so, didn't see anything that wasn't connected. Followed the wires back to to the backbox, don't mean to sound ignorant, but that where you're talking about, correct?

Ya. Just thought we'd start with something easy. Not sure how deeply you'd checked. Sounds like the simple stuff is out of the way, though.

#5 4 years ago

How did you check the fuses?

#6 4 years ago

The Sam board fuses are easy to check. Look at the leds by the fuses on the power board.

#7 4 years ago

LED at F10 (coils/flashers) is not lit. Fuse checks ok with a multimeter. Something is loose somewhere?

#8 4 years ago

stupid question but are you testing this with the door open? did you pull out the interlock switch?

if so check to see if you have voltage at the coils, check to see if you have 20/50v on the coils to ground (the coils are triggered to ground so they should always have 20/50v if the interlock is defeated) and the power driver board is working properly

#9 4 years ago

People have done stupider things. I am defeating the interlock. I am getting voltage at the coils, so that leaves the board? Looked all the connectors over and nothing loose there, no damage to any of wires that I can see.

I appreciate the help, I'm just learning what to look for.

#10 4 years ago

Just noticed that everything is fine (other than the coils not working and F10 not lighting) when I turn the machine on. When I open and close the coin door the 50/20 warning stays on the DMD. The coil that rock the Vengeance still will work in ball search and I get the chime if I reopen the door.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from wnorwich89:

Just noticed that everything is fine (other than the coils not working and F10 not lighting) when I turn the machine on. When I open and close the coin door the 50/20 warning stays on the DMD. The coil that rock the Vengeance still will work in ball search and I get the chime if I reopen the door.

From other posts it looks like it's a symptom of the F10 fuse being blown/not getting voltage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lumberton, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, CT
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside