IMG_0579.JPG
20150418_141456.jpg
20150418_141522.jpg
20150418_144611.jpg
20150418_144626.jpg
20150418_165811.jpg
20150418_165837.jpg
image.jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Marco and pinballife have them. They are also super bouncy and prevent a lot of drains down the outlanes.

A little too bouncy imo but do make it easy to nudge out of trouble. I just hate it when I need to make a shot and the ball seems to bounce around forever. I love the look but thinking of trying the Titan rubbers at some point.

Kholmes - You want the 3/8" OD or 7/16" OD mini post rubbers. Go to pinballlife and do a search for "super mini". I forget which size ST uses but the manual lists which one. You might want to get some super flipper rubbers, too. The colors are great and don't get dirty like the stock, black ones. They play a little different, though.

#52 9 years ago

Star Trek uses 7/16 but I ordered 3/8 by accident, and they work fine. They are a pain in the neck to replace in some areas but last forever.

#53 9 years ago

Needs more lens flares

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Star Trek uses 7/16 but I ordered 3/8 by accident, and they work fine. They are a pain in the neck to replace in some areas but last forever.

Yeah, only 1/16" difference so not much difference. Ones that butted up close to other parts were a complete pain. Ramps can be loosened up a bit by removing some of the screws. That gives decent access to plastics. I recommend changing these out and installing better sling protectors at the same time. Saves a lot of trouble. Just make sure and get the spotlights on real tight. I kept having to adjust them because I didn't get them on tight enough.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

I would like to know more about adding a subwoofer. Who has one with STP?

Just get some wire and 4 alligator clips, two clips, clip on the cabinet sub speaker lugs, and 2 clips behind the back of the Polk sub. The aligators clips, clip in there fine on the Polk and work great, easy hook up and ready to play. Yes get the clear mini post rubber/silicon. I got clear ones myself, and almost a year on, and they look new still. Aurich's translite, will sending it over the top. I wouldn't want a pro without his translite in. Nice purchase by the way!! Oh, and checkout Titanpinball.com for the clear translucent silicon rubbers. The ones I got from pinball life last under 50 plays before they started cracking on the slingshots. Titans are a more better quality

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

I would like to know more about adding a subwoofer. Who has one with STP?

210662-i.jpg210662-i.jpg

Here ya go..........

#57 9 years ago

This makes me want a ST that much more. My favorite of the newer Sterns. Behind LOTR.

#58 9 years ago

210663-i.jpg210663-i.jpg

and connection to the cabinet sub., just clip on, no solder

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, only 1/16" difference so not much difference. Ones that butted up close to other parts were a complete pain. Ramps can be loosened up a bit by removing some of the screws. That gives decent access to plastics. I recommend changing these out and installing better sling protectors at the same time. Saves a lot of trouble. Just make sure and get the spotlights on real tight. I kept having to adjust them because I didn't get them on tight enough.

Ok, thanks. I will look into ordering them. 1/16 is no big deal so I'll give it a shot. Thanks

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just get some wire and 4 alligator clips, two clips, clip on the cabinet sub speaker lugs, and 2 clips behind the back of the Polk sub. The aligators clips, clip in there fine on the Polk and work great, easy hook up and ready to play. Yes get the clear mini post rubber/silicon. I got clear ones myself, and almost a year on, and they look new still. Aurich's translite, will sending it over the top. I wouldn't want a pro without his translite in. Nice purchase by the way!! Oh, and checkout Titanpinball.com for the clear translucent silicon rubbers. The ones I got from pinball life last under 50 plays before they started cracking on the slingshots. Titans are a more better quality

That looks easy enough. That's the exact Polk that I ordered. I have speaker wire but need the clips. According to your pic, it appears you can connect a second pin. From reading other posts, others said you can hook up two pins but only run one at a time.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

That looks easy enough. That's the exact Polk that I ordered. I have speaker wire but need the clips. According to your pic, it appears you can connect a second pin. From reading other posts, others said you can hook up two pins but only run one at a time.

You can hook up two pins and play both at the same time. I have 4 hooked up to 8 machines. Super easy just run the speaker wire out the back through the power cord hole and your all set. You can get alligator clips for pennies online or at radio shack. I make the copper wire positive and the silver negative on all of mine for easy reference.

#62 9 years ago

Thanks again. ..

#63 9 years ago

Question, during or after game play the sound makes a chirp or record squeaking noise and it's extremely loud. Is this normal?

Again, it sounds like a record skipped and it's loud and scares everyone in the room. Is this similar to the Williams knocker in the backbox which scares the hell out of people. Please help???? Thanks

#64 9 years ago

Its sterns version of a knocker. You can turn it down or off in settings.

#65 9 years ago

Do you know what it's called in the menu? Thanks

#66 9 years ago

Are you really gunna shut it off.....???....I love watching the new people jump....(sorry I can't help I only have williams)....with that said....I still jump sometimes....lol... ...................Joey

#67 9 years ago

It's my wife. Freaks her out along with my kids....lol.

#68 9 years ago

The LED kit from pinballbulbs[.]com makes it look about a billion times sweeter too. Go for it. You know you want to

#69 9 years ago

Wow! Received my Polk subwoofer today. Spectacular sound. Good call to all who recommended it. Love it!

#70 9 years ago

Need a shaker Motor . But you are off to a good start.

#71 9 years ago

Ok. I'll look at the prices and see who's got the best price for a shaker motor.

#72 9 years ago

Get Cointakers Shaker Motor. It is more powerful than the others and absolutely awesome!

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

You can hook up two pins and play both at the same time. I have 4 hooked up to 8 machines. Super easy just run the speaker wire out the back through the power cord hole and your all set. You can get alligator clips for pennies online or at radio shack. I make the copper wire positive and the silver negative on all of mine for easy reference.

How can you connect 2 pins to 1 sub and play them at the same time? Did I read this right?

#73 9 years ago

I think they meant you can connect two pins to one woofer but only use one at a time. You would prob have distortion between two pins...

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

How can you connect 2 pins to 1 sub and play them at the same time? Did I read this right?

I run two games simultaneously on one sub all the time, subs are "omni-directional." Sorry if thats not the right term, im not an audiophile. It works just fine with no distortion at all. I dont think the manufacturer would put two line inputs on them if it would be an issue.

There are many threads on here that explain how it works.

#75 9 years ago

I guess I can give it a shot. It's just running in parallel with the pin woofer. I see your point.

#76 8 years ago

Ohh man, my speaker came Sunday. Who thought mail is delivered on Sunday's, but Amazon made it happen. Anyway, I hooked up the Polk. Holy expletive, you can hear it upstairs like you're in the basement. The bass and music are incredible. Good call to all on this purchase.

I will hook up a second pin to it and see how it goes. Thanks everyone.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

Ohh man, my speaker came Sunday. Who thought mail is delivered on Sunday's, but Amazon made it happen. Anyway, I hooked up the Polk. Holy expletive, you can hear it upstairs like you're in the basement. The bass and music are incredible. Good call to all on this purchase.
I will hook up a second pin to it and see how it goes. Thanks everyone.

Listen to the bass on Save The Enterprise... It's great!

Rob

#78 8 years ago

I did. It's just plain awesome.

#79 8 years ago

mmm external subs...just plain awesome

#80 8 years ago

Ummm, how about spectacular...I guess it sounds better.

#81 8 years ago

sorry i just love bass

#82 8 years ago

The fish??? Or sound??? Lol

#83 8 years ago

Tonight I connected an old Yamaha YST-SW030 (75w) powered subwoofer to my Star Trek Pro.
Oh man, its like adding iMax to your pinball machine.
Its just unreal how much you don't really hear without a powered subwoofer!
Thank you folks here for planting the idea in my head and getting me off my butt to check my unsold flea market items to see if I still had this.

Since I had to cut one end of the wire off, I ran that up through the power cord cone from the back. Now if I ever want to remove this, there is no evidence of it.
Cant wait to try it on Mustang. Guess that multi input Polk unit comes in handy for different machine. No wire swapping. Maybe I will connect an old speaker switch

#84 8 years ago

I agree with you, it's just spectacular. You really do notice the extra music, voices, and other sounds that I could not hear before. You're right, absolutely.

Yes, it's nice having the Polk for dual connection. I have yet to hook up two machines, but will be soon. I did the same. I ran the speaker wire through the power outlet hole in the rear and if you ever want to remove it, there is/was no sign of it. I used the alligator clip method that others mentioned and even soldered the wire to the clip for the heck of it even though it had a screw on it to secure the wire. Just makes for a better connection.

Good luck. I ordered a second Polk for my other machines since I am down to 4 pins now. Two polks=four pins. Nice concept.

#85 8 years ago

Just off topic a bit, I added a second polk in which I attached my LW3. It sounds awesome for a 1992 pin. Definitely doesn't sound like STP, but still sounds good.

I am picking up another pin soon and will hook that up to the Polk since it accommodates two inputs.

#86 8 years ago

Did anyone notice during gameplay and you hear, "My name is Khan". To me it sounds like he is saying, "Kai". Thoughts?

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

Did anyone notice during gameplay and you hear, "My name is Khan". To me it sounds like he is saying, "Kai". Thoughts?

This has been the subject of much debate, kind of like that white and gold dress.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

This is one of my favorite debates.
How anyone can hear Khan is beyond belief.
The whole quote has become a running joke at our house.

#89 8 years ago

its definitely sounds like Kai to me. In fact yesterday I qued up that part of the movie when Kahn is in brig and tells Kirk his name and it also sounds like he says "Kai" even in movie. Maybe ive just been playing this game too much and hearing things. Can someone elso go que up that scene in movie and tell me what you think.

#90 8 years ago

It's Khan. Clear as day.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It's Khan. Clear as day.

ok your right, i watched scene again loudly several times and its Kahn in movie. I still hear Kai while playing game.

#92 8 years ago

I cant hear Kai no matter how hard i try

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

You need to try harder. He says "Kai".

#94 8 years ago

I watched the movie scene as well. I hear Khan. The game says Kai. My wife noticed it immediately as well. She's actually the one who brought it to my attention first. Weird but true. My name is Kai.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

I watched the movie scene as well. I hear Khan. The game says Kai.

???

Interesting as the game's "Kai" audio clip is taken from the movie.

1:10 at:

I don't know offhand why he says "Kai" when the character's name is Khan, but he does nonetheless.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You need to try harder. He says "Kai".

Maybe get your ears cleaned? I hear khan

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Can we thumbs up this post like a bajillion times?

#98 8 years ago

I heard it. He says Khan. A possible flaw in the pin. Thanks for the post tunadelight. Spitfire is correct, as I when I watched the movie yesterday. Kai all the way in the pin.

#99 8 years ago

someone do a poll kai or khan in pin?

I hear Kai in pin.

#100 8 years ago

i hear exactly the same thing as some of you, kai... almost like... kiiiiiiiine, and i make fun of it every time.
no matter how hard i try, i can't hear khan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.