(Topic ID: 135084)

Star Trek Premium, think I am pulling the trigger, thoughts?

By pinball_erie

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nevus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6650.jpg
IMG_6651.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

My buddy has the LE and I played the shit out of a pro at Replayfx, I cant stop thinking about the game. Anyone with an LE or Premium wanna chime in on staying power and the fun factor of this pin? Also, what has the street price of the premium been?

#2 8 years ago

LE owner here. The game will probably never leave my collection.

#3 8 years ago

I've tried mightily hard to get sick of it yet I keep coming back for more. I don't see my LE leaving my collection. It's too much fun for me. FWIW, I had to get one after it was stuck in my head after playing it at a fellow collector's house .

#4 8 years ago

Buy it. I have a pro and can't stop playing it! It is one of if not Sterns best games to date. I've had it for 8 months (in addition to playing it on location for many months before that) and don't think its going anywhere. The fun factor is awesome whether you want a quick game or really try to get very far into it. Also other friends pinhead or not think its a blast as well.

#5 8 years ago

Should you get a Star Trek?

In the words of Emperor Palpatine....

"DO IT!"

Later,
EV

#6 8 years ago

I've owned a ST prem for about a year and a half and haven't gotten tired of it yet. There was another tread about pricing recently. I think I paid about $6600 new with shipping. Some HUO with mods have sold recently around $6K. For this title I think Aurich's art package, the shaker motor, and a sub-wolfer add a lot to it.

#7 8 years ago

Before you jump on a new premium put out a want to buy ad for an LE. 799 out there, you might get lucky. I was lucky and got one for very close to what a new premium would have been. Very happy I shopped around first

#8 8 years ago

I've had my LE for nearly 2 years. Xmen, ACDC, POTC, and Metallica have all come and gone in that time but STLE is still here rockin. Played it last night and had an absolute blast.

It's so good (to me) that I have had it tied for the #1 spot with my all time favorite pin, LOTR, for the last 6 mos or so. So what better way to break the tie breaker than just get an LOTRLE which I did just last week. Clash of the Titans so to speak - 2 pins enter...will one pin leave?

#10 8 years ago

Bought it (premium) a few months ago and it's all I play now. Sexy pin and fun as hell to play!

#11 8 years ago

Still love my Premium after over a year of playing it.

#12 8 years ago

I can't stop playing my pro. Like you, after playing it for the first time I could not get it out of my head. I had to get one and I did! I love the shots, flow, sounds, and especially the light show. ST definitely draws more attention at my house than my other pin Getaway. Rules are easy to get started but plenty deep for experienced players. Most people can get a multiball going, hit the Vengeance, and play a few modes. Experienced players can play modes different ways for scoring opportunities and take advantage of things like away team, warp double scoring, and vengeance modes. Much of the criticism is based on the old code. New code is not perfect but definitely makes the game much more fun. Medals make playing modes more fun and add up to big points (especially with double scoring). Finishing the game is near impossible so there is always something to shoot for.

#13 8 years ago

Hawkmoon checking in,yes my ST/vengeance,with Aurichs art,and the help of the Mezels,is a pin that you will keep!$7200.00 from Gameroomguys,and $800.00in mods,so good luck!!

#14 8 years ago

OH,by the way,to anybody,what the hell is a Zizzle???

#15 8 years ago

Get the Aurich art and shaker for the premium if you can't find a used LE.

#16 8 years ago

I'm going on 9 months with my blinged out pro......it's now one of my all time favorites and still a "go-to" game.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the Aurich art

and you better hurry up, he only has a couple left and is not making more.

#18 8 years ago

I have a Pro and I started a little slow on it when I got it last November. Now it is is neck and neck with IM for me. The new code is so much better and earning medals and cashing them in is awesome. Side missions are fun, with 18 missions there is a lot to do, the ramps are buttery smooth and it has to be one of the fastest playing multiballs out there. The Premium adds more bling than a Pro and the light show is spectacular. It is Sterns best looking pin IMHO. Put ST in your living room during Christmas with presents underneath. Turn it on and you are set for the holidays.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,by the way,to anybody,what the hell is a Zizzle???

Goofy little pinball machine. There's a POTC and Avengers version I believe.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the Aurich art and shaker for the premium if you can't find a used LE.

I'm traveling now, but when I get back I'm sending him my last translite.

That's the end of Star Trek, won't be printing anymore. Thanks for all the kinds words, glad everyone who has it enjoys it. I sold my Star Trek, but I am keeping one translite for myself just to have it.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm traveling now, but when I get back I'm sending him my last translite.
That's the end of Star Trek, won't be printing anymore. Thanks for all the kinds words, glad everyone who has it enjoys it. I sold my Star Trek, but I am keeping one translite for myself just to have it.

How did you come up with the design?

Your design goes perfectly with the premium model.

Did you design it specifically for the premium?

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

LE owner here. The game will probably never leave my collection.

+1

Almost let mine leave before the last big code update. I'm so glad my trade fell throughbecause I love this pin. Since the last code I can't stop playing it. It is in my top 3 and has maintained that position.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

+1
Almost let mine leave before the last big code update. I'm so glad my trade fell throughbecause I love this pin. Since the last code I can't stop playing it. It is in my top 3 and has maintained that position.

+1

I almost sold it and almost traded mine.

But in the end, all good things come to those who wait.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How did you come up with the design?
Your design goes perfectly with the premium model.
Did you design it specifically for the premium?

Well I had a Premium, so obviously I wanted to make sure it looked good on it, while still working for the Pro. The Premium armor is one of the coolest that Stern has done, it deserved something that complemented it.

#25 8 years ago

My thoughts are that Star Trek must have been a huge seller for Stern...as they are everywhere.

Given the fact that they are incredibly easy to find on location and friends' places not sure why it makes much sense to buy one. At home I'd probably prefer a Metallica.

#26 8 years ago

This is a fantastic game. I keep gravitating towards it while on location. So much so that I'm thinking about picking up a Premium as well.

#27 8 years ago

Get the Premium and add Aurich's translite. You will then have a beautiful machine minus the images of the actors.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Get the Premium and add Aurich's translite. You will then have a beautiful machine minus the images of the actors.

He'd have to get Aurich's translite 2nd hand.....all sold out and no more will be made.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He'd have to get Aurich's translite 2nd hand.....all sold out and no more will be made.

He actually claimed the last one this morning before I left for the airport. Flying over Michigan now, just killing time on Pinside. Oh look, it's like a normal day!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Given the fact that they are incredibly easy to find on location and friends' places not sure why it makes much sense to buy one. At home I'd probably prefer a Metallica.

Unless there is no location pinball near you I prefer ST over MET. MET is fun but just feels a tiny bit more like work getting to the good stuff compared to ST.......but that's my take, I realize others feel the exact opposite way and I can understand that as well.

#31 8 years ago

Premium is my favorite model, and ST is one of the games I look forward to playing wherever it exists, so do it!

#32 8 years ago

Picked up a Premium about a month ago and managed to snag one of the last few kits Aurich had. This game is not going anywhere. It is tied for #1 right now for me (AC/DC premium is the other one). Love the look with the Aurich translite.

#33 8 years ago

Get it. And scoop up one of Aurich's last transformation kits for it (translite, labels, etc). It's awesome!

#34 8 years ago

Are there any pro or premium NIB left? I have a LOTR I may part with for one.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Pro's are still in production and should be easy to find.

#36 8 years ago

Love my pro bought like 4 months ago and the thread of strategies for the average player has made it a ton more entertaining.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I believe there's another run of Premiums hitting the line this month or next. Check with your distributor.

#38 8 years ago

LOVE my Premium - great game and no regrets!

#39 8 years ago

All I can say is my ST is starting to edge out ACDC in terms of fun factor. I think the formula is perfect in the game. It's a fun smooth flow fest. Where I think it slightly outpaces ACDC is that you almost always can get a game going in ST whereas ACDC sometimes will just repeatedly kick you in the nuts till you want to quit. I always feel like I'm one shot away from something I've been working towards whereas ACDC I end a lot of games completely empty handed.

It is just a fantastic game. I wouldn't hesitate at all.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Unless there is no location pinball near you I prefer ST over MET. MET is fun but just feels a tiny bit more like work getting to the good stuff compared to ST.......but that's my take, I realize others feel the exact opposite way and I can understand that as well.

I have both, and would have a hell of a time deciding which one would go if I had to make the choice.

Like you said, some of the modes in Metallica take a lot to get rolling. Best way to get it going (to me) is with a Sparky multi-ball. Once you do get it going, its amazing. So cool to have a great game and have it just go from Sparky into either Lady Justice or Fuel modes.

The one potential downer to Star Trek depending on what appeals to you is that nearly all the modes are timed. Even the ones that aren't, like Vengance have a timed shot you need to get the mode started right. I could see this "always on the clock" thing getting a little tedious if you don't have other games that don't have so many timed modes/shots.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

The one potential downer to Star Trek depending on what appeals to you is that nearly all the modes are timed. Even the ones that aren't, like Vengance have a timed shot you need to get the mode started right. I could see this "always on the clock" thing getting a little tedious if you don't have other games that don't have so many timed modes/shots.

The time modes don't start till the second and third tier modes. All the first tier modes do time out eventually, but you could just cradle the ball. I believe you get more points, better medal for speed in completing the shots during the timer though. I actually enjoy how the game progresses in that the first tier modes are easier to complete, then the second tier are a little harder and third tier are even harder.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe there's another run of Premiums hitting the line this month or next. Check with your distributor.

Certainly not saying you are wrong, but I heard that Stern is done running Star Trek Premium for the remainder of 2015. Another run is possible in 2016 if there is demand. With rumors of a VE and/or GOT coming, I could see them shut it down for a while, if not for good. Get one now, as prices trend upward once they stop being made.

#43 8 years ago

Out of the 250 pins at VFW pinball, the ST Pro consistently had the the most people waiting to play it. Can't play mine right now as my basement flooded (twice) and all th pins are "pinned" in a back storage room until renovations are complete.

#44 8 years ago

You guys have me thinking....I am currently waiting on a Metallica Premium.
It was between the ST Premium and the Metallica.
I have even got in on the last run of Aurich art package.
Maybe I just need to get both

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

You guys have me thinking....I am currently waiting on a Metallica Premium.
It was between the ST Premium and the Metallica.
I have even got in on the last run of Aurich art package.
Maybe I just need to get both

I have Start Trek and would probably getting a Metallica if Game of Thrones was not next in line.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The time modes don't start till the second and third tier modes. All the first tier modes do time out eventually, but you could just cradle the ball. I believe you get more points, better medal for speed in completing the shots during the timer though. I actually enjoy how the game progresses in that the first tier modes are easier to complete, then the second tier are a little harder and third tier are even harder.

What? They're all timed, just like you said -after saying they're not.
Hitting the shots before time is up is what determines the medal you get.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have Start Trek and would probably getting a Metallica if Game of Thrones was not next in line.

I just figure there will be plenty of time to get a Game of Thrones if it turns out to be great.
But time has to be running out to getting a new Metallica

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

What? They're all timed, just like you said -after saying they're not.
Hitting the shots before time is up is what determines the medal you get.

And to correct fat dirk, you can no longer cradle hold timing out modes. Faster you get a gold medal, the faster the mission is over.

there are a few missions that aren't timed like DTD2, NERO2, STE2, KB2, DTD3, STE3. Also, vengeance 3 is not timed while vengeance 2 is, for good reason - extra ball risk/reward adrenalin!

#49 8 years ago

ST LE/Prem is AFM on steroids

#50 8 years ago

Op says "i play the shit out of it and can't stop thinking about it"

Decision made, get it! That's how I've purchased most of my pins.

I don't like ST at all, but if it grabs you like that it's usually a long term keeper. Trust your instincts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium-think-i-am-pulling-the-trigger-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.