(Topic ID: 154189)

Star Trek Premium or Walking Dead Premium?

By system11

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FT2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Had an interesting life recently. For some reason it's made me want to sell a bunch of stuff and buy a new boxed machine, something I've never done before and if I don't do now I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity later.

I've been watching lots of videos, Star Trek seems well thought of, but I have concerns it might get old with just a single toy - the ship magnet/kick/target, have I missed something? Seems like 2 ramps and a fan, but the lightning and general theme are winners to me.

I also looked at some videos of The Walking Dead, I'm a fan of the series, does that zombie bash toy crowd the playfield too much, and does it play as uniquely as it looks? That Horde mode looks insane, is it achievable by people who suck?

If it helps some of my favourite games are: Bride Of Pinbot, Who Dunnit, Apollo 13, Sopranos, Stargate, No Fear and of course a bunch of the System 11 games like Swords Of Fury, Diner, Fire etc.

Final question - do these premiums actually hold their value or does it work like cars these days? I've been really far outside the loop for a while so any advice would help.

#21 8 years ago

Hard to find anything on location in the UK these days unless you live in a big city, I don't. It's a difficult decision, TWD looks more interesting (seems to have mixed reviews though mostly due to pop exit) but ST looks incredibly pretty. Unless I just haven't read enough though, ST is pretty much all about lane shooting. I think I'm leaning towards TWD having watched more videos, music in pinball is really important to me and TWD has some real variance in tunes. Is that a fair assessment?

#26 8 years ago

I ended up ordering a TWD Premium! Going to be a while before it's here though - Stern haven't been very quick fulfilling orders at the moment, I assume they wait until a big enough batch is ready to go, and the UK/$ rate at the moment will have hit sales.

#28 8 years ago

Yup, I'm afraid so.

#31 8 years ago

I did check out GOT because that was a game they had stock of in the UK, but the audio just doesn't do anything for me, and I've never watched the series. I have a whole shelf of zombie films though and all the TWD seasons. It's going to be a long wait.

1 month later
#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Been a while since I've seen you around System11, welcome back!

I was more into vids again for a while - I go back and forth on that. I've got TWD and WOZ inbound and just restored a long idle Who Dunnit

#46 7 years ago

I did actually get to play a ST Pro last week and I didn't really find it that good. Very smooth, very fast but the game didn't grab me. In fact on my second credit I drained on purpose so I could get back to playing WOZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium-or-walking-dead-premium?tu=system11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.