Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrSanRamon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-77.jpg
image-86.jpg
image-195.jpg
image.jpg
image-987.jpg
image-798.jpg
image-592.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
RtEject1.jpg
ST2.JPG
ST1.JPG
ST3.JPG
535-6862-05_set.jpg

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On mine, when I lift the playfield all the way to the upright position, it almost seems as if something at the back of it is getting in the way and causing it not to lay flat.

When I pull the playfield forward, then try to rotate it back against the backbox..the playfield binds up.

So I have to push the playfield back a bit so I can rotate it; so when the playfield is against the backbox, it is nearly vertical.

I don't like it to be like that, but haven't figured out why so I can t fix it yet.

The playfield is really tight side to side, I'm not sure inside decals (or pin-blades for that matter) are going to work on the game.

The game is beautiful, but the playfield seems a little big for the cabinet, or vice versa.

Robert

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When I pull the playfield forward, then try to rotate it back against the backbox..the playfield binds up.

So I have to push the playfield back a bit so I can rotate it; so when the playfield is against the backbox, it is nearly vertical.

Yes. This is exactly what I was trying to describe.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The playfield is really tight side to side, I'm not sure inside decals (or pin-blades for that matter) are going to work on the game.

I find this can very greatly from one game to game the next. For example, I wanted to install black mirror blades on my Tron, but it was impossible. There simply wasn't enough space for them.

#103 5 years ago

My slings seem to vary in their power, most times they propel the normally; then occasionally they will throw the ball into one of the ramps, into an outlane or even into the shooter lane.

Is that what other people experience?

Robert

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

My slings seem to vary in their power, most times they propel the normally; then occasionally they will throw the ball into one of the ramps, into an outlane or even into the shooter lane.
Is that what other people experience?
Robert

You can adjust them in the settings. Per Rarehero's recommendation I currently have mine set to 15. I might turn them up slightly though.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can adjust them in the settings. Per Rarehero's recommendation I currently have mine set to 15. I might turn them up slightly though.

I played around with the setting and settled on 18. Seems perfect, glad Stern put that option in the adjustments.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I played around with the setting and settled on 18. Seems perfect, glad Stern put that option in the adjustments.

I'll try 18, 15 seems just slightly too weak, I like my slings to have pop and energy, just not "smack the glass and toss your ball over the lane guides into the drain" energy.

#108 5 years ago

Got my game moved into the house, thanks to MidCoastSurf (Brad) on Saturday.

Enjoying the game a lot.

Robert

image.jpg

#109 5 years ago

Having trouble installing the Pinbits vengeance kit...anyone generate any instructions or notes on the install?

Robert

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

...it's really difficult to get the alignment tangs on the end of the playfield back in the lockdown receiver. Anyone else have this problem?

There are some wires and a wood stop block in the back corner. I had to dress the wires so they didn't lay in front of the block and get in the way of the playfield going all the way back.

#111 5 years ago

Wooooooooo! My ST prem just came in!! I'm going to sound like a broken record seeing as everyone's said it; but the laser red side armor is absolutely gorgeous in person. Simply stunning. I opted for Gio at Pinball Refinery to install some of their custom laser cut side rails and backbox hinges. They're normally backlit in red to match the rail colors, but I asked for Gio to try and see if he can backlight it with purple. And I'll be goddamned if Gio didn't hit outta the park! It may not show up well in the pics, but the purple back lights perfectly match the color scheme of the cab art. So glad I asked for purple.

And yup; playfield is pretty snug inside the cab as others have reported as well. And also, has anyone else that ordered the pinbits protector set get a blue colored plastic protector for the drop target guard? Mine was a non-see through blue color, and all the other ones I've seen have been clear. It's kinda ugly.

image-592.jpgimage-987.jpgimage-798.jpg

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Wooooooooo! My ST prem just came in!!

Nice, welcome to the club.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Wooooooooo! My ST prem just came in!! I'm going to sound like a broken record seeing as everyone's said it; but the laser red side armor is absolutely gorgeous in person. Simply stunning. I opted for Gio at Pinball Refinery to install some of their custom laser cut side rails and backbox hinges. They're normally backlit in red to match the rail colors, but I asked for Gio to try and see if he can backlight it with purple.

Looks awesome man!! Good call the side rails look great in the picture I bet they pop in person. Congrats!!!

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Mine was a non-see through blue color, and all the other ones I've seen have been clear. It's kinda ugly.

That doesn't sound right... Are you sure there is no protective film on that piece?
Enjoy that awesome game.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

And also, has anyone else that ordered the pinbits protector set get a blue colored plastic protector for the drop target guard? Mine was a non-see through blue color, and all the other ones I've seen have been clear. It's kinda ugly.

The plastic is protected by a blue film. You have to peel it off. Trust me, it's crystal clear underneath. All of the protectors have film on both sides that you have to remove before installing them. I'm not sure why the drop target one is blue. My guess is because it's optional.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Where did you buy the alligator clips? When I hooked a sub up to my AC/DC, I just soldered the wire directly to the woofer. Alligator clips seems like a better idea, though, since they are less permanent.
Edit: I found some at GPE. These should do the trick:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/search.asp

Gweem Home Depot is where I got mine they have a small electronics section.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

That doesn't sound right... Are you sure there is no protective film on that piece?
Enjoy that awesome game.

Quoted from gweempose:

The plastic is protected by a blue film. You have to peel it off. Trust me, it's crystal clear underneath. All of the protectors have film on both sides that you have to remove before installing them. I'm not sure why the drop target one is blue. My guess is because it's optional.

That's what I figured, but when I tried to peel it, nothing seemed to give, so I thought there was no film on it. I'll go back and try again. Thanks!

#120 5 years ago

Sometimes the protective film can be on it really good to the point that it appears to be the plastic itself and hard to get started to remove. I don't know about these specific protectors but I have been fooled on other plastics myself and had a 'duh' moment.

#121 5 years ago

I installed a Mylar disc over the magnet and put on a couple more protectors.

I put on my starfleet badges, I like the look.

image-195.jpg

I put my topper on a while back.
image-86.jpg

I am working on covering the laser warning...my first try:
image-191.jpg

I also put on this sticker:
image-77.jpg

Robert

#122 5 years ago

I have my pinblades installed now. Not difficult, but a little time consuming.

Robert

image.jpg

2 months later
#123 5 years ago

I just got thru taking a look at the Mustang mods thread, and thought I'd give this one a bump to see if there are any new ST mods that people would like to archieve here.

The thread stared out to be for the Prem, but if anyone wants to add somthing for the Pro or the Yuppie LE version, feel free.

Thanks.

Robert

#124 5 years ago

I am glad everyone likes the PinBlades..

I don't how how I missed this thread.. in any case...if anyones interested..we have the Flipper button triangles without the warning labels available.

You can check them out here: http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product/prd1/2127509695/st-apron-decals-without-warning

Thanks!

-JR

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I don't how how I missed this thread..

Glad you found it now...and yea those factory warning lables suck.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside