image-592.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
RtEject1.jpg
ST2.JPG
ST1.JPG
ST3.JPG
535-6862-05_set.jpg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I just put a ST Premium on order and it should be here in about a week or so.

I want to start a thread for those who have a ST Premium and perhaps an LE to discuss mods specific to the Premium.

There seem to be a lot of discussions about both the Pro & the LE, but not that many about the Premium.

So I'd like to get a discussion here on the Premium, like the Dude did in his thread for the Pro.

So, what do people think might be "necessary" mods for the Premium. I'm open to everything including Cliffy Protectors which I generally don't consider a Mod.

So, what do you think about the following?

Translite
Sling Protectors
Lighting
Inside Decals
Leg Protectors
T-Molding
Shaker
Vengeance
Toys in general
etc

I'm excited about getting my machine, the first and most likely the last NIB I'll ever purchase.

Thanks.

Robert

#2 10 years ago

Of all the things available, these seem really cool:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%E2%80%A2star-trek-le-pinblades-first-glimpse%E2%80%A2

My deal includes a shaker motor, so that's taken care of.

I need to contact Aurich and see how/what he is doing on a Translite replacement.

Robert

#3 10 years ago

Robert, when you do receive your premium I would LOVE to know if your asteroids flash anytime during actual game play...I got mine a few weeks ago and love it, but the only time I see the asteroids flash as well as the flashers that sit on the flippers is during attract mode. I was initially concerned something wasn't working right, but now I think it's a "stand by to stand by" upcoming feature...anyway, I would appreciate knowing if you see the same thing when yours is up and running.
thanks!
mike

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I need to contact Aurich and see how/what he is doing on a Translite replacement.

Or just wait until I show up since I obsessively read Pinside, either way.

I'm definitely planning an alternate translite, more like the LE, featuring just the Enterprise, no headshots. I've started preliminary work on it, but I need to get first run of Helen out the door, and I'm still waiting for my Premium to show up, so probably won't get really serious about it until after those two things.

Then it will just take as long as it takes, can't put a schedule on that kind of thing. Will be original art, and feature the new films Enterprise, beyond that I'll just see how things go. Since I'll own the machine I'll be motivated at least.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from mtripl:

Robert, when you do receive your premium I would LOVE to know if your asteroids flash anytime during actual game play...I got mine a few weeks ago and love it, but the only time I see the asteroids flash as well as the flashers that sit on the flippers is during attract mode.

Yeah, that's normal, the current code doesn't use them in the game. I'm sure that's coming, maybe in the next update.

#6 10 years ago

Don't forget to get the light kit to go with the Pinblades from Pinball refinery,Hemi and Gio.
It looks really good,during Klingon multiball.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or just wait until I show up since I obsessively read Pinside, either way.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt...but I see you haven't gotten any professional help yet (or the help wasn't that affective).

Robert

#10 10 years ago

There seem to be a lot of Mods/add-on's for the LE & Pro (i.e. blue stuff), but until I see the colors of the Premium, I'm pretty much on hold for getting stuff.

The inside decals though do come in the Premium color scheme.

The lighting effects look interesting.

Robert

#11 10 years ago

These showed up today...

Robert

Badge.JPGBadge.JPG

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

These showed up today...
Robert

Badge.JPG 204 KB

I got mine in the mail yesterday! Post a pic when you put them in, I plan on doing it tonight.

#13 10 years ago

The Pinblades look great on the inside panels, really works with the backboard to complete the whole interior space look.

The only other things I added were: Pinbits Plastic Protectors (with the full blue inlanes), Cliffy's for the shooter lane, eject protector, and VUK (PIA to Install that one).

Also, I put mylar over the magnet under the Vengance and ramp returns for protection

When Aurich does his Alt Translite, I will add that too

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

When Aurich does his Alt Translite, I will add that too

I'm obviously not buying your machine now by the way.

Hopefully I get mine next Friday, waiting for the tracking # to see how the estimate looks.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm obviously not buying your machine now by the way.
Hopefully I get mine next Friday, waiting for the tracking # to see how the estimate looks.

Sweet! Congrats, as fickle as I am I feel this one will be staying for awhile.....unless the next one is Walking Dead, then all bets are off.

#16 10 years ago

I just installed a psw10 sub on my STLE and all I have to say is WOW what a difference...I love it!
The thing rumbles, I have never had sound like that out of a pinball machine it's like being in a movie theater.
I highly recommend this sub!

#17 10 years ago

Sub, blades, Ciffys and Pinbits protectors. So much for this week!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

as fickle as I am I feel this one will be staying for awhile

Any suggestions as to what to do out of the box with adjustments, etc?

Robert

#19 10 years ago

Blue sling protectors.

Color DMD, with blue panel.

Swop led's at rear of p/f with nice frosted cointaker - way nicer.

Change some of the white flashers to different colors.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Any suggestions as to what to do out of the box with adjustments, etc?
Robert

The only issue I had was with the ball getting stuck coming out of the pop bumpers. There is a big thread on this if you search. My solution was to put an extra rubber bumper on the post where it exits. That fixed the problem for me and I don't get any more hang ups. Other than that, just waxing it which makes it a little too fast

I hope you enjoy yours when you get it!

Kevin

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

My solution was to put an extra rubber bumper on the post where it exits.

I am going to have to do something like that. Mine is hanging up now about once a game. Of course, if I wait a few seconds, it starts looking for the ball and knocks it away from the bumper, but that is hardly a long-term solution.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just installed a psw10 sub on my STLE and all I have to say is WOW what a difference...I love it!
The thing rumbles, I have never had sound like that out of a pinball machine it's like being in a movie theater.
I highly recommend this sub!

What's involved in adding a sub to the LE? Is it plug and play?

#23 10 years ago

Here's a tutorial for installing some protectors, from another thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-protected-cliffy-installed/page/2

#24 10 years ago

I dunno if I'm going to do Cliffys. I did order the Pinbits plastic protector set.

#25 10 years ago

I got a Roadrunner tracking number about 5 minutes ago...I guess stuff is happening.

Robert

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno if I'm going to do Cliffys. I did order the Pinbits plastic protector set.

You might as well do both at the same time since you practically have to tear the whole topside down to get to all the pieces.... It's a bit of a chore!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am going to have to do something like that. Mine is hanging up now about once a game. Of course, if I wait a few seconds, it starts looking for the ball and knocks it away from the bumper, but that is hardly a long-term solution.

You should really do it, it's a pain waiting for the ball search to kick it back into play, and totally disrupts the flow.
The only thing is, you need to remove the right ramp to get to the piece, so it's a bit of a chore.

#29 10 years ago

That's the one I ordered too. You will get a couple of options for underneath the Vengence. I went with the full protection one. I will post a picture shortly.

#30 10 years ago

Yup. Gonna skip the Cliffys, just don't think they're necessary, and not a fan of the look if it's not needed to cover old wear or something.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You should really do it, it's a pain waiting for the ball search to kick it back into play

I thought that the newer games had a fix from the factory...like a screw or something in the playfield.

Robert

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I got a Roadrunner tracking number about 5 minutes ago...I guess stuff is happening.
Robert

Nice. Mine is supposedly in transit, but the Estes tracking still says 'Awaiting departure from CHICAGO, IL'.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I thought that the newer games had a fix from the factory...like a screw or something in the playfield.
Robert

The screw they add is useless (I should have just removed mine) but, if you notice I added a small rubber bumper underneath the ring which is all you need to not let the ball hang.

IMG_2338.jpgIMG_2338.jpg

Here's the full shield plastic protector above the drop target to keep the ball from flinging up.

IMG_2331.jpgIMG_2331.jpg

Here's what the blue sling protectors from pinbits look like.

IMG_2332.jpgIMG_2332.jpg

Here's an idea of what the pin blades look like.

IMG_2334.jpgIMG_2334.jpg

I think Cliffy protection is important for these areas.

IMG_2335.jpgIMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2336.jpgIMG_2336.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Oh man, that last pic reminds me, I'd better do new apron decals as part of my translite, no freaking way I want to stare at that seizure warning crap on my game. Obviously they had to put it on there, but I don't have to keep it!

Also, that powdercoat looks badass, does it have metal flake in it? I can't believe I ordered the Premium and I haven't actually seen one in person yet.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh man, that last pic reminds me, I'd better do new apron decals as part of my translite, no freaking way I want to stare at that seizure warning crap on my game. Obviously they had to put it on there, but I don't have to keep it!
Also, that powdercoat looks badass, does it have metal flake in it? I can't believe I ordered the Premium and I haven't actually seen one in person yet.

Get to work on those apron decals and translite

The powdercoat is beautiful and does have a metallic flake look...the flash makes it look brighter than it really is, it's more like a blood red color. I think you guys are going to love it!

EDIT:
Here's the full apron and another shot of the trim for ya!

IMG_2339.jpgIMG_2339.jpg
IMG_2340.jpgIMG_2340.jpg

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Get to work on those apron decals and translite

On it! Be a lot easier than AC/DC since I'll own the machine this time, won't have to ask people on the other side of the country to measure things for me. All part of the plan!

Quoted from cleland:

The powdercoat is beautiful and does have a metallic flake look...the flash makes it look brighter than it really is, it's more like a blood red color. I think you guys are going to love it!

Can't wait, gotta go finish moving crap in the garage to make room. I can fit one more pin after this, thinking I'll do another Stern to balance out the collection a bit. Got a System 11, a WPC, WPC-95, need a couple modern games. Waiting to see what I think of the new Metallica code, see if that becomes a contender.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can't believe I ordered the Premium and I haven't actually seen one in person yet.

+1

Robert

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mine is supposedly in transit, but the Estes tracking still says 'Awaiting departure from CHICAGO, IL'.

My estimated delivery is 2/27, next Thursday...but I'll be in DC.

Maybe they can deliver it Friday afternoon, when I get back.

Robert

#39 10 years ago

Woo hoo!

Star Trek Shipping.jpgStar Trek Shipping.jpg

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

The screw they add is useless (I should have just removed mine) but, if you notice I added a small rubber bumper underneath the ring which is all you need to not let the ball hang.

I'm having trouble seeing that in the pic.

Robert

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

What's involved in adding a sub to the LE? Is it plug and play?

Basically plug an play with the psw10 I just used alligator clips to jumper from the cab speaker in the game to the sub... What a huge difference!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290034

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Basically plug an play with the psw10 I just used alligator clips to jumper from the cab speaker in the game to the sub... What a huge difference!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290034

Yup. Just loosened the grill and feed through.

image-459.jpgimage-459.jpg

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm having trouble seeing that in the pic.
Robert

I know it's hard to see, but the screw stern added in is circled in red.
The extra bumper I added under the band is underlined in yellow. It's the bottom bumper looking down.

Screw-79.jpgScrew-79.jpg
#44 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

The extra bumper I added under the band is underlined in yellow. It's the bottom bumper looking down.

OK, thanks.

Robert

#45 10 years ago

Any more full cab pictures of a Premium anyone, want to see how the red looks in the wild, as in the full package, as I have only seen glimpses so far and the Stern website still makes things look bright red?

Cheers

#46 10 years ago

and than, to be sure, in term of gameplay only, the PREMIUM = LE ?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Any more full cab pictures of a Premium anyone, want to see how the red looks in the wild, as in the full package, as I have only seen glimpses so far and the Stern website still makes things look bright red?
Cheers

I just got mine in yesterday. The photos do not do the powdercoat justice, at all. It's freaking gorgeous in person, super happy with it. It's not a bright red, it's a deep candy red over metallic flake. Looks nothing like AC/DC premium. I'll take more pics when I can, here's something I snapped yesterday when it was still in the box to try and show my wife, it doesn't really show it nearly as nice though:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, to be sure, in term of gameplay only, the PREMIUM = LE ?

Yes, exactly the same. Only "playfield" difference is the sides of the cabinet don't have the red led "phasers" from the ship cut out of the side rails. Which are pure eye candy, not part of the gameplay at all.

#49 10 years ago

ok, tanx for the confirmation

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just got mine in yesterday.

Congrats...mine is still on a truck somewhere between Chicago & Livermore.

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium-modsenhancements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.