Star Trek Premium has a SHAKER :))

By musketd

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#2 10 years ago

Is this a typo on the flyer? The features list stlil shows the LE as the only one with a shaker. I hope the Premium has a shaker though!

#3 10 years ago

I had a quote from a distributor that stated that a shaker motor was included. I have no reason to doubt the flyer.

#4 10 years ago

This is some great news, but sooooooo hard to believe it's true. I am not going to get my hopes up, and if it's in there then Merry Christmas!!!

#5 10 years ago

JJ from GEX said Rich was at the factory when ST Prem were being built... Said he looked inside a finished game and it had no shaker.

#6 10 years ago

The quote I got said it shipped separately.

#7 10 years ago

Maybe that's why the price is going up $200 Jan 1st...........

Get your orders in now !

#8 10 years ago

There is No Shaker in the Premiums! I wasn't at the factory but Rich was and I had him look.. NO SHAKER. Then I confirmed with Stern NO SHAKER.

One Last time if you expect a shaker you will be disappointed because there is NO SHAKER! its wired and drilled and t-nuted for a shaker though.

JJ

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

There is No Shaker in the Premiums! I wasn't at the factory but Rich was and I had him look.. NO SHAKER. Then I confirmed with Stern NO SHAKER.
One Last time if you expect a shaker you will be disappointed because there is NO SHAKER! its wired and drilled and t-nuted for a shaker though.
JJ

Why the heck would they state it then in the flyer? Makes no sense

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why the heck would they state it then in the flyer? Makes no sense

Miss print? Who knows someone made a mistake.. or maybe it should say, Shaker Motor Ready =) just like the wifi blue ray players?

JJ

#11 10 years ago

Maybe the quote I got had an aftermarket shaker. That would explain why it ships separately.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Miss print? Who knows someone made a mistake.. or maybe it should say, Shaker Motor Ready =) just like the wifi blue ray players?
JJ

JJ problem is it clearly states that it comes with a shaker motor Just saying

#13 10 years ago

How do we know it is wired and drilled a t-nutted for a shaker?

#14 10 years ago

I got a shaker in my Pro and it works really nice with the 1.3 code.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

How do we know it is wired and drilled a t-nutted for a shaker?

Because I confirmed this.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

JJ problem is it clearly states that it comes with a shaker motor Just saying

I understand, misprints happen in advertising all the time.

Post edited by Gexchange : Grammer and Spelling

#17 10 years ago

I'd love to meet this Miss Prints.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

It's Mrs. Print now. She got married.

#19 10 years ago

If the sales literature states a shaker is included then Stern owes you a shaker, you are paying for something and not getting it.
If the person that is supposed to proof read the flyer missed it tough shit, cough up the shaker.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If the sales literature states a shaker is included then Stern owes you a shaker, you are paying for something and not getting it.
If the person that is supposed to proof read the flyer missed it tough shit, cough up the shaker.

Ever fully read a Stern flyer as it states near the bottom: "Subject to change"

Edit: not on the flyer itself but on the feature list PDF comparing all the models, my bad.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

IMO, it is a clear case of false advertising.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/False+Advertising

#22 10 years ago

Not everyone who buys a pin knows everything there is to know about new releases like many people do on Pinside. If I didn't follow pins and decided to place an order for an ST Premium strictly by looking at a flyer and it said that it came with a shaker, my expectation would be that it has a shaker. I'm not going to just let a $200 item go. I'd be raising all kinds of hell if the machine came with no shaker.

But as a pinhead, I would feel like I'm just exploiting Stern's error by demanding a shaker because the flyer says it comes with one, knowing full well that premiums don't come with shakers.

#23 10 years ago

Jeez guys, it's a freaking misprint. Let it go.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Jeez guys, it's a freaking misprint. Let it go.

I am sure that is what the judge would say if it went to court.
It is false advertizing plain and simple, doesn't anyone at Stern proof read anything?

You ooze you loose.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I hear she is going to be in the "cute girls draped over pins" calendar.

#26 10 years ago

Stern updated the flyer link.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I am sure that is what the judge would say if it went to court.
It is false advertizing plain and simple, doesn't anyone at Stern proof read anything?
You ooze you loose.

When you fly out to Chicago for your court case against stern for a $160 shaker in 2017 when the court dockets work you in, let us know how it went. Sounds like it could be a gold mine.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

When you fly out to Chicago for your court case against stern for a $160 shaker in 2017 when the court dockets work you in, let us know how it went. Sounds like it could be a gold mine.

+1

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Stern doesn't care if they don't deliver what is promised and would more than likely blow you off if you pressed them on the issue.
Nobody is going to sue over it but they may not buy another NIB game.
Stern doesn't care about losing a customer either, plenty more where that one came from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium-has-a-shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.