You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-365.jpg
image.jpg
stern-star-trek-intro.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Any news on when this will be available? At ~ $6000 and with most of the features of the LE, this seems like a promising machine. Sort of lost in the recent conversations with the Pro and LE semi-frenzy.

#2 10 years ago

I heard they're shipping this week.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

At ~ $6000 and with most of the features of the LE

Much more north of that, Stern keeps jacking up prices across the board, along with JJP so the approx. price will be a whole lot higher than that, at least 6500 and probably 6700 since they jacked up Ac/dc with Luci

#4 10 years ago

IMHO this will be the "limited edition" as far as produced numbers go.
there's not enough difference between the pro and premium to warrant the price jump.
I'd guess fewer than 500 premiums will ever be made.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

there's not enough difference between the pro and premium to warrant the price jump.

Ha! I don't think so.

95% of the LE features, cheaper, and a lot more than 799 will be made.

Seriously?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I'm going to shoot for the other way around. Much better value than the LE with all the game play.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm going to shoot for the other way around. Much better value than the LE with all the game play.

Agreed. 1500-2000 Premiums will be made, IMO.

#8 10 years ago

My distributor said they are shipping this week as well. I think i'm one of the few who actually like the premium art package. I think the vengeance themed battle artwork matches the mood of the game better than the pro or LE. I also think the premium translight is the best of the three. Really looking forward to getting mine. I had a Tron LE and I think the lightshow on Trek Prem/LE blows it away.

#9 10 years ago

For the most part, the Premium is the best package. Would I like the armored side rails that light up and shoot the phasers? Sure, but that's about it. Just about everything else on the Premium is better, and it's cheaper, and has the engineering benefits of going last.

#10 10 years ago

Is the play field and the code on the ST Premium exactly the same as the ST LE? If this is so I am waiting for the Premium. I am having trouble justifying $8,000 for any machine.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Is the play field and the code on the ST Premium exactly the same as the ST LE? If this is so I am waiting for the Premium. I am having trouble justifying $8,000 for any machine.

Me too, yet I keep doing it

#12 10 years ago

without the mirrored backglass and awesome side rails, what justifies getting a premium over a pro. that's my point.
2 baked potato asteroids, kickback and lighted ship that can be added to a pro pretty cheaply.

people talk about the savings from an LE to a premium, but what about that same savings going with a pro instead of a premium?
We shall see.

#13 10 years ago

Wireform returns, vuk, better lighting.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

without the mirrored backglass and awesome side rails, what justifies getting a premium over a pro. that's my point.
2 baked potato asteroids, kickback and lighted ship that can be added to a pro pretty cheaply.
people talk about the savings from an LE to a premium, but what about that same savings going with a pro instead of a premium?
We shall see.

Well, let's count up all the differences.

1. Over 60 color changing LED's vs. only 7 on the Pro. Makes a huge difference in the light show. Watch any videos of the Pro and LE (standing in for Premium) to see what I'm talking about.
2. Vengeance ship has two solenoids making it react more to hits and tilting down to crash.
3. Lights along the apron that can be coded to react with the game.
4. Warp Ramp LED Chase Lights
5. Backbox Flashers Behind Backglass
6. Animated Playfield Laser Starfield Projector (growing on me)
7. Fire Button with Laser-Cut Polished Stainless Steel Fire Button Plate
8. Kickback
9. Enterprise toy.
10. Asteroids with LED flashers.
11. Chrome wireform ramps.
12. Webslinger up-kicker on left ramp.
13. Deluxe Lock Down Bar
14. Powdercoated Steel Lower Arch
15. Superior cabinet art and translight picture.

There's 15 reasons.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

At ~ $6000 and with most of the features of the LE

At least a month ago or so when I was looking, dpending on how you pay for it and where you are, Premiums are about $6500...shipped using a credit card; 3% less if you pay cash.

If you can pick it up, you save probably $250 shipping, but then would need to pay tax on ~$6k...which in Cali is about $500, so shipping from out of state is cheaper than buying in-state if you live here. If you live in Alaska, Montana, Oregon, Delaware or New Hampshire I guess you don't pay state sales tax.

Haven't pulsed the vendor that I was planning to buy from since I got a SM; but I'm still thinking about a Premium and would like to see and play one locally first. And with the LE another $1400 more than a Premium, I'm really not even thinking about one of those.

Played "The Dudes" pro and liked it, and for ~$1700 less than a Premium, the Pro seems really nice.

Robert

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

1. Over 60 color changing LED's vs. only 7 on the Pro. Makes a huge difference in the light show. Watch any videos of the Pro and LE (standing in for Premium) to see what I'm talking about.
2. Vengeance ship has two solenoids making it react more to hits and tilting down to crash.
8. Kickback
9. Enterprise toy.
13. Deluxe Lock Down Bar
There's 15 reasons.

Main one really is the 60 RGB - could live without others.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Main one really is the 60 RGB - could live without others.

I did place that one at the top of the list.

Obviously, some features are better than others, but the 60 + lights aren't the only gems in this package. The Webslinger, better animated ship, wire ramps, Kickback and starfield projector are great add-ons too.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

8. Kickback
9. Enterprise toy.
13. Deluxe Lock Down Bar
There's 15 reasons.

1. Yes big difference
2. Crash effect is no big deal IMO
3. The lighted apron on the Refinery pro is better and more interactive at this point IMO
4. Yes this is a difference
5. WAY better on the Refinery Pro IMO
6. Yes this is a difference but not a big one
7. On Refinery Pro
8. Yes this is a big difference
9. Can be added to the Pro for dirt cheap
10. Can be added to the Pro if you want to? I wouldn't though
11. Yes this is a difference
12. Almost useless, just returns the ball back where the upkicker would anyway. and slows gameplay a bit
13. Can be added for fairly cheap
14. Yes this is a difference
15. Just your opinion

So really if you look at it there is only a few differences with the premium. The most important ones IMO are the kickback, 60 colour changing inserts and most important of all THE DOUBLE CLEAR! So you might want to take a look at a Refinery Pro as an option too. They are still about $1000 - $1200 cheaper then the Premium if you buy it as a already made up package and don't do it the silly way I did and buy everything extra, because then you will pay more

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

1. Yes big difference
2. Crash effect is no big deal IMO
3. The lighted apron on the Refinery pro is better and more interactive at this point IMO
4. Yes this is a difference
5. WAY better on the Refinery Pro IMO
6. Yes this is a difference but not a big one
7. On Refinery Pro
8. Yes this is a big difference
9. Can be added to the Pro for dirt cheap
10. Can be added to the Pro if you want to? I wouldn't though
11. Yes this is a difference
12. Almost useless, just returns the ball back where the upkicker would anyway. and slows gameplay a bit
13. Can be added for fairly cheap
14. Yes this is a difference
15. Just your opinion
So really if you look at it there is only a few differences with the premium. The most important ones IMO are the kickback, 60 colour changing inserts and most important of all THE DOUBLE CLEAR! So you might want to take a look at a Refinery Pro as an option too. They are still about $1000 - $1200 cheaper then the Premium if you buy it as a already made up package and don't do it the silly way I did and buy everything extra, because then you will pay more

This isn't a discussion about Refinery Pro. This is a discussion between Pro and Premium. If you're going to get in the argument, understand your scope.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

This isn't a discussion about Refinery Pro. This is a discussion between Pro and Premium. If you're going to get in the argument, understand your scope.

Exactly...and any Refinery thing can be added to a Premium or LE.

Anyway, why are there constant arguments about this anyway? I think everyone agrees that it's a cool game in any form. Buy the one you want....no reason to be so defensive and constantly rehash the features list and its merits.

#21 10 years ago

It's also laughable to think Refinery Pro is going to be able to exploit the built in lights on the apron better than Stern. Stern writes the code, so your argument is trumped there.

The animated starfield is a big deal, and yes number 15 is my opinion, but it also happens to be correct as well.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly...and any Refinery thing can be added to a Premium or LE.
Anyway, why are there constant arguments about this anyway? I think everyone agrees that it's a cool game in any form. Buy the one you want....no reason to be so defensive and constantly rehash the features list and its merits.

I agree. But someone came in here and shit on the Premium....so I decided to defend it.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

It's also laughable to think Refinery Pro is going to be able to exploit the built in lights on the apron better than Stern. Stern writes the code, so your argument is trumped there.
The animated starfield is a big deal, and yes number 15 is my opinion, but it also happens to be correct as well.

Look, I have a Refinery apron flasher thingie on my Avengers LE - and it IS cool...makes a big blue glowy area every time the Tesseract flashers are active....but it's just some flasher LEDs tied into some other flashers. You can put it on a Pro, Premium or LE....it's sort of an irrelevant thing to include in a comparison between models.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look, I have a Refinery apron flasher thingie on my Avengers LE - and it IS cool...makes a big blue glowy area every time the Tesseract flashers are active....but it's just some flasher LEDs tied into some other flashers. You can put it on a Pro, Premium or LE....it's sort of an irrelevant thing to include in a comparison between models.

Agreed. The Premium/LE code is separate from the Pro code, so you can't just slap stuff onto a pro and expect it to interact with the game like what it was designed with.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

8. Kickback
9. Enterprise toy.
13. Deluxe Lock Down Bar
There's 15 reasons.

Don't forget this one. I know you can add it to a pro easily but is another advantage for the prem/le:

16) Playfield slide rails instead of the 2 pegs.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Fair enough, when compared to a base Pro, yes the Premium beats it hands down.

Quoted from Part_3:

I agree. But someone came in here and shit on the Premium....so I decided to defend it.

No one was "shitting" on the Premium. I was just informing you of the Refinery Pro as another option in the mix. It was actually intended to help you, in case you didn't know about it. I think the Premium is a good option too.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't forget this one. I know you can add it to a pro easily but is another advantage for the prem/le:
16) Playfield slide rails instead of the 2 pegs.

$55 pinball Life

#28 10 years ago

Does ST Premium have the wire forms on the PF?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Does ST Premium have the wire forms on the PF?

Yes. It is the same as the LE minus a few cosmetics.

#30 10 years ago

Fair enough, when compared to a base Pro, yes the Premium beats it hands down.

No one was "shitting" on the Premium. I was just informing you of the Refinery Pro as another option in the mix. It was actually intended to help you, in case you didn't know about it. I think the Premium is a good option too.

I wasn't referring to you on that one. I was referring to comments made by another member earlier in this post who said the Premium would flop and they would make less of them than LE's.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I wasn't referring to you on that one. I was referring to comments made by another member earlier in this post who said the Premium would flop and they would make less of them than LE's.

Ok, thanks.

#32 10 years ago

LOL...see, look - if the goal is to save money - sure, bare bones Pro. If you're gonna start modding and blinging and spending tons of cash on your Pro...just get the damn Premium!!!

#33 10 years ago

As I said, its easily added to a pro as well. But I think this is good info to have for someone who wants to know what comes with the premium vs the pro when they are deciding if the extra features are worth the added cost. Its also a bit more than $55 because that doesn't include shipping and those are large items to ship.

I also think you were a little off in your statement that the premium is 1,000 to 1,200 more than the refinery version. In my case the premium shipped price was only 600 more than the refinery version. Not sure if the refinery version includes shipping or not.

Don't want to start a refinery vs premium/pro/le debate but wanted to let people know in case they are comparing features/prices vs the various options.

#34 10 years ago

Shipping this week? Crap, now I think I need to get quotes

#35 10 years ago

Just got confirmation from my distributor they are shipping very soon. I'm excited to get mine since it doesn't look like my WOZ will be here this year.....again. Big Surprise....at least I'll be playing Star Trek Premium on Christmas morning!

Kevin

#36 10 years ago

Only problem is the premium is red.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Only problem is the premium is red.

To you. I think the Premium looks nice. Minimal muted blue-ish tone with bright red for the lasers...the red frames it perfectly, IMO. None of us have seen what the real paint looks like yet....I've heard it's not the AC/DC red. I'm guessing it'll have a nice deep shiny luster...maybe like the red on TFLE

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think the Premium looks nice.

I do to. I actually like the cabinet and rails, no as much on the translite though. They may change that in future runs as we have seen in the past.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I do to. I actually like the cabinet and rails, no as much on the translite though. They may change that in future runs as we have seen in the past.

Yeah, totally....I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another Premium or translite down the line. While it is a somewhat typical Stern "head lineup" collage - but I like the muted look of it & it also evokes STTNG's translite somewhat.

#40 10 years ago

It is the same as the LE minus a few cosmetics.

The Premium doesn't include a shaker either.

#41 10 years ago

And it's almost $1500 cheaper than the LE and a Shaker is less than $200
Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the LE but I just could not justify the price on it.

#42 10 years ago

Yeah, I know how much a shaker is, I was just adding to the differences between the two.

#43 10 years ago

Plain and simple the Pro is great value no question there, however, the Premium is still better, yes better than Pro Refinery too (enter in conversation how much $$$$ better agruement) and the LE is the best hands down (enter in conversation how much $$$$ better agruement). My advise if you have the money buy the best, if not then buy Premium and if you are on a budget buy the Pro cause you are getting great value there. There should not be any conversation that in any way shape or form that say a Pro is better than a Premium or LE cause that is plain and simple wrong. However you can debate dollar for dollar what is the best for my personal situation, make the choice do you want all the bells or whistles or not...

#44 10 years ago

They are all good; 3 choices for all

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Plain and simple the Pro is great value no question there, however, the Premium is still better, yes better than Pro Refinery too (enter in conversation how much $$$$ better agruement) and the LE is the best hands down (enter in conversation how much $$$$ better agruement). My advise if you have the money buy the best, if not then buy Premium and if you are on a budget buy the Pro cause you are getting great value there.

Pretty well sums it up. We spend a lot of energy here trying to convince others that we made the right choice (and they made the wrong).

#46 10 years ago

So who's gonna post the first pic of a real premium?

The pics on the Stern site look like Photoshop mock ups. I'm really curious to see what shade of red they go with on the premium.

Anyone who ordered one get any shipping info yet?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

They are all good; 3 choices for all

Agreed 100% something for everyone at 3 price points.

Quoted from docquest:

The pics on the Stern site look like Photoshop mock ups. I'm really curious to see what shade of red they go with on the premium.

I hope to be close, I'm in the first group from JJ, but I'm on the west coast so shipping will take a little time.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My dealer told me I should get mine next Wednesday/Thursday. We shall see! Can't wait!

#49 10 years ago

No idea when I am getting mine. I'm still getting my ST mods ready:
LED lit flipper buttons
Speakers inserts with LED backlighting (white led)
Upgraded speakers (cab & backbox)
Hot Wheels Bird of Prey toy (drybrush painted to look more metallic like in the movie) with green leds hidden under wings
USS Kelvin (haven't figured out what to do with this yet).

I realize its a bit much, but its all good fun. However, I did nix the idea of an animated tribble topper.

#50 10 years ago

Why put the Kelvin in? Nothing in the game references it. The contents of the game take place 20+ years later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.