You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What are YOU going to do?”

• Star Trek STILL has a few surprises in store...I'm IN ...so far! 46 votes
    11%
  • I've seen all I need to! I'll stick with what I have...I'm OUT! 202 votes
    49%
  • I HAVE to play it first...no way I'm going in blind! There is still hope though... 143 votes
    35%
  • The theme is enough for me. I'm getting it no matter what! 22 votes
    5%

(413 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tribbles_attack.jpg
bat_country.jpeg
spock.gif
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

The way this day has gone, I might be able to afford a Star Trek LE by X-mas after all.

#54 10 years ago

Too early to tell. I need to see some gameplay video. What does the ship in the middle do? What do the asteroids do? How stripped down is the Pro from a gameplay standpoint?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Too early to tell. I need to see some gameplay video. What does the ship in the middle do? What do the asteroids do? How stripped down is the Pro from a gameplay standpoint?

i think the door (front part) on the ship could drop and release balls, for multiball.

asteroids does nothing it covers a big ass flasher.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

107 out is a big number!...and that's just Pinside. A big surprise to me...

This is a good thing IMO, I recall people wetting themselves when the MOPLE pics were released, I just thought good that I can pass Met because it did nothing for me. I mean different strokes for different folks. If ST LE could be 'like' Spider Man, but with a ST theme and the artwork seems OK to me. I don't mind if lots of people don't love it. It would just make it easier for me to get one.

To me, if there is not a mad fight for the LEs (which since there will be more to go around and less demand it might seem), than that just means the speculators and flippers are stuck with them or Stern is and might have to readjust their selling price.

Just because lots of people prefer ACDC or MET, (which I would never buy just not my cup of tea) doesn't mean ST is a bad game. If this is more like SM that would be better for me if lot of people don't love it.

#57 10 years ago

Was there any doubt this would not be an original PF...no... No doubt either that it would not have an LCD.... and finally no doubt that this will have a similar ruleset to other sterns..... I hope not but I dont like the chances.. SM meet STTNG..

#58 10 years ago

#59 10 years ago

Play first, then decide.
If I buy one, it will be the Pro. Had zero interest in the LE anyway. From what I have seen so far, the worst looking is the red premium... so this video helped me to narrow my choices.

#60 10 years ago

want one but spent all my money on metallica and avengers les

#61 10 years ago

Hopefully by Friday we'll have more info....

#62 10 years ago

It's Star Trek! It's Steve Ritchie, Greg Freres, and Lyman Sheats (part of programming team)!

Gotta have it.

#63 10 years ago

I'm slightly less depressed about it than I was yesterday, but still need to see the feature list and some gameplay before getting too excited. Shame too, with our bonus projections at work this year, there was a real chance I could have made this one my first real NIB. Now I'm in wait and see mode. Going to have to see and play it in person for sure, but am still hoping for the best.

Layout does look great, just way too Spiderman:TNG. I already have a STTNG and want a SM some day, so I need to see if this offers enough that those don't have. The Vengeance looks awesome...can't wait to see what it does. Really hoping it is not just a Borg ship with a new mold...

Playfield art is still a huge WTF. I don't hate it, but it kind of boggles my mind with the theme. No, I do not want actor heads on the playfield, but something a little more Star Trek and a little less Wheel of Fortune would have been nice. If this was Freres doing (and I really can't believe it was), I would be shocked. Hopefully it will look better in person as so many do.

Really looking forward to seeing the feature list. Holding out hope for some nice surprises yet...

#64 10 years ago

i's all based on price - if the le was under 7k shipped i will be in - anything 7k and up i am out - i have not seen any price info yet that we know is true. thanks ed

#65 10 years ago

I can't tell but does the pro have LEDs?

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i's all based on price - if the le was under 7k shipped i will be in - anything 7k and up i am out - i have not seen any price info yet that we know is true. thanks ed

I don't like the playfield "art". The colors don't say Star Trek. The cabinet art, body armor and backglass look cartoonish to me. The design could be anything - it looks rainbow generic. Rules and gameplay yet to be unveiled, but regardless of price I'm backing away from it. I had high hopes for this one and am very disappointed. The bright side is that I will be keeping my LOTR instead.

#67 10 years ago

It seems like the general consensus is that the perceived value just is not there. Again 8 k without showing us anything new and doubling the " limited " in limited edition.

I don't get it sorry

#68 10 years ago

I'm surprised by the lack of interest for this one. I'm not voting, because I'm not in the position to drop $5k or $8k or whatever on a machine whenever they come up. Having said that, I can't say I was too interested before, and seeing the machine...

I like the layout, I am apparently the only one who likes the art and thinks that the majority of the LE features are really cool looking. It looks fast as heck and like it is still hiding some other stuff.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't more awesome than people are expecting.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'd be very surprised if it isn't more awesome than people are expecting.

Yeah, there HAS to be an "oh wow" thingy in there somewhere....

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, there HAS to be an "oh wow" thingy in there somewhere....

there is. its called the receipt.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

It's Star Trek! It's Steve Ritchie, Greg Freres, and Lyman Sheats (part of programming team)!
Gotta have it.

Being based on the two new movies with a crew that have never had a tv show and with no continuity with the old shows we all love, I'm not sure if it is Star Trek.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the reboot . . . but it was the old shows I was tied in with. TOS, DS9, TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise television shows are what I view as true trek. The new movies are just sci fi / action using trek terms and tying in to old trek characters.

I fully agree with Ritchie, Freres, and Sheats kicking butt.

#73 10 years ago

I expected Tribbles!

#74 10 years ago

Badum tiss.

bat_country.jpegbat_country.jpeg

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I expected Tribbles!

You'll get them. I'm predicting a fuzzy Tribble key ring in the goodie bag.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

you are on an F'ing roll! LMAO

#77 10 years ago

Well, having 750 'limited' is a great thing, I mean if you care about playing, it's better for there to be a large number to buy. If you just care about selling it for a profit and want there to be a scarce supply (ie. you are a flipper or a big distributor who likes to hold back for higher sale price) you not be happy.

Basically the signature or the limited edition plaque mean nothing to me. If I could buy a Tron LE without a plaque, signature or without it being limited to 400 units but with the same features but with a more sane price than what it's selling for. That would be great, this is why if its really great such as what if it turns out to be as good as SM but with this theme, but say the rules and the shots are fun, I'd rather there be more on the market.

The flippers or speculators don't like high LE numbers but I do.

Plus, if it allows us to play the game before they are sold out, or if it forced Stern to finish the code so that they can sell out, that's also a good thing.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You'll get them. I'm predicting a fuzzy Tribble key ring in the goodie bag.

The first guy that mods those asteroids into Tribbles on the LE wins! They will be perfect for it!

#79 10 years ago

The first guy that mods those asteroids into Tribbles on the LE wins! They will be perfect for it!

what do i win?

tribbles_attack.jpgtribbles_attack.jpg

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well, having 750 'limited' is a great thing, I mean if you care about playing, it's better for there to be a large number to buy.

There could be 1 LE. As long as there are Premiums, there are PLENTY to buy...whenever you feel like it!

Quoted from rai:

The flippers or speculators don't like high LE numbers but I do.

PREEEEMMIIIIIUUUUUUUUUMM.

#81 10 years ago

I, for one, am thrilled there are no actors on the PF. I prefer a Light Show and Starships.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I, for one, am thrilled there are no actors on the PF. I prefer a Light Show and Starships.

i agree, better than photoshopped faces on the playfield.

and i have no problem with the colors of this playfield.

#83 10 years ago

I don't either. It's all about what the ship does, photon torpedoes, laser light show, etc...

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what do i win?

Are those Tribbles or Merkins?

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Are those Tribbles or Merkins?

hey! those are punk tribbles.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Or "starship" singular if you get the Pro...

#87 10 years ago

I'm not in love with the playfield art, but the game is growing on me. I might have to get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-poll/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.