You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What are YOU going to do?”

• Star Trek STILL has a few surprises in store...I'm IN ...so far! 46 votes
    11%
  • I've seen all I need to! I'll stick with what I have...I'm OUT! 202 votes
    49%
  • I HAVE to play it first...no way I'm going in blind! There is still hope though... 143 votes
    35%
  • The theme is enough for me. I'm getting it no matter what! 22 votes
    5%

(413 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tribbles_attack.jpg
bat_country.jpeg
spock.gif
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Where do we stand as of now?

spock.gifspock.gif

#2 10 years ago

I'm actually sitting... On a couch.

#3 10 years ago

I was stoked but I will stick with my STTNG. When limited on space/money I just can't see both in the same collection.

#4 10 years ago

It's still possible for me....but I HAVE to see some game play first...

#5 10 years ago

I'm probably not going to pre-order.

I'll play it first. It's a Ritchie design, so it will probably play great, but we can expect it to take some time before the code is where it needs to be.

There's just not enough there to justify a pre-order without playing it first.

#6 10 years ago

I think I will sell my STTNG and get a premium.

#7 10 years ago

It seems to be the same ole same ole. Higher prices with nothing new added. At least JJP has thrown in new elements. I've bought every new stern since spidey practically. It's hard to see value in this. I bet it will sell out though.

#8 10 years ago

There's no option for "wasn't going to buy one anyway" - so I took "I'm out" just to make the results look more dreary.

/some people just like to watch the world burn

#9 10 years ago

Like every other pin I'll have to play it before I form an opinion. If early impressions based on pictures and not gameplay meant anything AC/DC would've been a flop and XMEN would've been $10,000 by xmas.

#10 10 years ago

I pre-ordered MET on the basis of the artwork; the gameplay happily lived up to the same high standard.

I can tell the gameplay on ST is going to be great, but I won't know how I feel about the art until I see it in a darkened arcade. Maybe it will work...

#11 10 years ago

Gotta thank Stern for making this easy on me. I was on the fence about this guy...not any more

#12 10 years ago

I was seriously considering dropping my Hobbit preorder if ST blew my mind. After hearing about more price increases I thought this machine would be even more packed then ACDC and Metallica but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. There actually seems to be less toys in Star Trek then ACDC Premium / LE and Metallica Premium / LE and for a higher price? Besides that the layout, which should provide good flow, has been done several times with the three ramp design having already been used on on another Star Trek (STTNG) pin... I know there's going to be more details to come but right now I'm underwhelmed.

#13 10 years ago

Sorry and game play should trump all but it does not for me. Theme and looks matter. To me it looks like ass. Not going in my room.
I have HSII and ACDC so I can live.
Still have two spots left in my room and really want them to rock. ST aint happening.

#14 10 years ago

Wow!....24 out!

#15 10 years ago

Game will probably play great, but you had $8k would you buy this or get both ST:TNG and SM?

I've already got ST:TNG and SM, so picking this up seems extremely redundant...even if it has some neat little new features that we don't know about yet.

#16 10 years ago

I didn't vote, but looks like a fun game and would love to play but the theme doesn't do anything for me.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry and game play should trump all but it does not for me. Theme and looks matter. To me it looks like ass. Not going in my room.
I have HSII and ACDC so I can live.
Still have two spots left in my room and really want them to rock. ST aint happening.

Yup

Looks rather cack IMHO - esp considering the expected price rises.
Why the heck is that happening?

In a way I hope the LE's don't sell out so it sends out a message to them that the prices ahve crossed the line.

but that aint gonna happen so i will go and listen Lola Montez by Volbeat to cheer me up

#18 10 years ago

Unless I missed it, I'm surprised noone has posted a new what's next from Stern thread, sadly I am already looking that far ahead, NIB pin will have to wait alittle longer.

#19 10 years ago

Lots of people out on this game from what I am hearing. Code and gameplay will be the true test

#20 10 years ago

""Lola Montez by Volbeat to cheer me up """ that is awesome !!!

also did not vote , I have SM and intend getting a STTNG back , so this is a rather bad setup for me, Big disappointment , After getting spoiled with an artist done playfield like MET this just sux now , Not sure I will ever be happy with a photoshop PF Again

#21 10 years ago

Not a Trek fan...so this is an easy "I'm out" decision

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

After getting spoiled with an artist done playfield like MET this just sux now , Not sure I will ever be happy with a photoshop PF Again

+1 many times this.

#23 10 years ago

I had my SM sold for ST. Wow...am I glad he did'nt give me a deposit yet. No way is this game worth giving up SM for. Especially for the bigger money.

#24 10 years ago

If money wasn't an issue, I would rather have a ST:TNG instead of this. Playfield resemblences aside, it seems like all the Stern games within the past 5 years look & feel the same. No more risks are taken any more with pins Stern-wise. I liked MET, but there was no real previous game to compare it to(The reskinned Earthshaker is one of a kind).

Art-wise, on a side note is just too rainbowy to me. It's outer space, where's the black? This has more of a resemblance to the ST:25 machine which was super-colorful as well.

#25 10 years ago

i was never in, but ya never know. i gotta kick the tires on this one

#26 10 years ago

I was in, but now I am out. Too much similarity to STTNG to justify the purchase. Wish that weren't the case.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I had my SM sold for ST. Wow...am I glad he did'nt give me a deposit yet. No way is this game worth giving up SM for. Especially for the bigger money.

SM is the best ,but you never know,ST could be just as good with newer not yet revealed tech.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

SM is the best ,but you never know,ST could be just as good with newer not yet revealed tech.

Any ideas on what could be revealed? Seriously?

Could the main ship contain a mini-playfield? Could the fire button on the lockdown control hidden cannons? Looking for some technology hope from someone who might have an inside track. Save an LE purchase and give up the goods....

#29 10 years ago

pro for me if it plays/rules great. i hate the red/blue trims

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's still possible for me....

Not me. I spent all my big money on METLE. I sure hope I made the right decision.

#31 10 years ago

Like EVERY game. I will play it and then decide.

Thus far I am not impressed with the LE at LE prices.

#32 10 years ago

Sounds like ST is already bombing out on it's first day of a teaser video. At this rate, it's going to bomb out worst than the Avengers . At least it was all supportive the first few weeks.

Stern better surprise the pinball buyers with something or this could be a disaster.

#33 10 years ago

I wonder if Jack will like Episode Two after he plays it?

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Stern better surprise the pinball buyers with something or this could be a disaster.

Yeah, with an incredibly strong franchise and a masterful designer, Stern is flying deep into the Danger Zone with this one. Within a month there will be thousands of discarded and unloved STs in a landfill, and JJP will probably be able buy them out by Christmas.

#35 10 years ago

Waiting to play it before deciding to own it or not. Its hard to believe the code will be polished before release. Stern's track record does it no favors....but I do believe it has the potential to be a big success. Like the theme, so I'm in a holding pattern.

#36 10 years ago

I don't understand the negativity. I remember playing a test Addams and I was not impressed initially, so this game may surprise everyone..

#37 10 years ago

A dream theme for me... handled poorly. I think the artwork and color scheme is ugly, the lack of any kind of LCD after such huge price increases is a slap in the face, and the playfield isn't showing anything new or innovative to draw me in - or warrant the price.

I already knew Star Trek would be a tough sell for me without an LCD, but considering how long this game has been rumored to be in development, I was seriously hoping for an amazing playfield and layout that would simply make me forget all about that and want this in the same way that I will always want to own MM.

Alas, this is NOT that playfield.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I don't understand the negativity. I remember playing a test Addams and I was not impressed initially, so this game may surprise everyone..

There's a difference between judging a game on its gameplay merits vs. buying one. We're all collectors here, so the discussion right now is "Will I buy this game?".

There's a 99.99% chance this will be a fun game to play....but does the first impression make you want to purchase one without playing it first?

#39 10 years ago

Was never planning on buying one due to other pin purchases, but I had high hopes for the theme.. I am surprised at the price hike with nothing huge added (ok, it has a metal speaker cover, was thinking LCD). Interesting to see the gameplay reports. For those who ordered, enjoy

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thus far I am not impressed with the LE at LE prices.

SHOCKER!

#41 10 years ago

I was never going to be in on this title unless it was not based on the movies or unless it had the LCD screen. I'm a ST fan and the new movies were good, I just wasn't into them enough for pin with them as the theme.

I'm sure this will be a good game.

#42 10 years ago

I have to play it but a little disappointed at the curb side appeal. Like to take her for a drive before deciding. Surprised with Feres over there unless he didn't touch it. We'll see but no preorder.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was never going to be in on this title unless it was not based on the movies or unless it had the LCD screen. I'm a ST fan and the new movies were good, I just wasn't into them enough for pin with them as the theme.
I'm sure this will be a good game.

I loved the first movie a lot and the second was very good. Alas, as I've learned themes alone can not make the game. The combo has to come together. We'll see on this one.

#44 10 years ago

I sold my LOTR and was saving the cash to throw down on a Premium Star Trek...

Im holding on to it for now. I already have a similar layout game with SM. The speaker grill thing looks ugly, Im not seeing any added value for the price increase...These releases by Stern lately are making even their older bad games look good. Kinda want a BDK now over this. Who would have said that 2 years ago?

Everytime I get excited to put down money on an LE or Premium I end up disappointed. X-Men, Avengers, now this.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Surprised with Feres over there unless he didn't touch it.

Im betting he was hired after 90% of this art was done.

#46 10 years ago

Your not the only one.

#47 10 years ago

I look forward to trying the PRO!

#48 10 years ago

133 out is a big number!...and that's just Pinside. A big surprise to me...

#49 10 years ago

Wait and play seems popular with new prices.

#50 10 years ago

I was considering selling my LOTR to help fund a premium. After seeing the premium, I'm keeping my LOTR. I hope the gameplay saves this pin. At least that would make it like an ugly guy/girl with a great personality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.