4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Hey. It’s only entertainment folks. Why so gloom? Pinmonk you should tell us what you really think. I’ve quite enjoyed it btw. Maybe you should take over and the production value may start to rise.

#11 4 years ago

Maybe my cabin fever is starting to kick in. Ugh

#19 4 years ago

I'm sure it will keep getting better and better. Just surprised it's being nitpicked so much. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Like with anything, you simply cannot please everyone. It's kind of like pizza....Everyone has a favorite I suppose. I think the production value is high on Discovery and Picard both. I'll grant you that TNG has held up pretty well, but there is a lot to criticize about that show too. There were quite a few turd episodes as well as some pretty pathetic sets if you recall

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

which is moving to Hulu for season 3 .. in another note, CBS streaming - other than free trials to binge a show, anyone paying for this?

I am, but only for a short amount of time, then I cancel and move on to something else. There is no penalty or term requirement so why not? I have three that I keep and everything else gets changed depending on the shows I want to watch.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Picard is almost ALL greenscreen with virtual sets. TNG had almost all practical sets that looked great for the most part. Lots more action, too. Picard is "talk too long in this room," then change the greenscreen and talk in a "new" room, rinse, repeat. Also, the forced-in swearing is jarring. I'm okay if a swear fits and the dialogue flows around it, but it just doesn't in Picard. It wouldn't be so bad if Picard production didn't look cheap as hell and the writing wasn't so atrocious, but it does and it is.
I love a good sci-fi show, and I love Star Trek, but Picard is a bad Star Trek. If Jonathan Frakes won't promote an episode HE DIRECTED (which is the best in a very bad season), that's bad.

Pick one science fiction show done now that doesn't rely heavy on the cgi? What interview did you watch with Frakes? The one that I saw he was very complementary of Patrick Stewart as an actor and the writing...Said it was next level. The TNG sound stage sets were terrible and unrealistic. I could always tell when they used them. It reminded me of a low production Lost in Space episode where you could see the walls. Lol..

The one good thing about this Pandemic is I'm getting caught up on all my tv shows. Have you watched Altered Carbon? That is pretty fun of you're looking for something new. Kind of has a Blade Runner vibe to it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-picard-episodes-available-for-free?tu=TomN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.