Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Working on a Star Trek next generation & the right side cannon will not fire the ball. The left cannon will rotate at start up & fires the coil. I checked optos there & they appear to work correctly. If you interrupt the opto signal on either cannon they rotate but Only the left side fires the coil. I have checked continuity of the wires in that side loom and I have continuity on all of them including the two purple wires for that coil. I have also run the cannon test and mark switch and home switch are both closed when the cam is in top position. they are not synched up exactly but appear close enough from what I can tell. I have read several other similar repair threads that mention replacing the wires in the looms as a fix but with them passing a continuity test its puzzling.

#2 3 years ago

Edited my original post. Both cannons used to rotate and fire their coils at start up but now Only the left one will rotate at start up.

#3 3 years ago

There is a 99% chance you need a new cannon loom. I had something similar happen in mine and a new loom fixed it. Those wires are brittle and they break and they can have continuity in their home position but lose them when the cannon turns.

Try turning on the machine, rotating the cannon, then turning off the machine when the cannon is fully turned. Try a continuity test with the cannon in it's extended position and I bet you a nickel it fails. If it fails, it is 100% the cannon loom.

#4 3 years ago

Ok I spent some more time looking at this game this morning. First I put game in right side cannon test & checked again for continuity in the 2 purple wires going to that coil. I checked it in several different positions moving it a little bit at a time. No matter what position the cannon was in I still had continuity on those 2 wires. I then ran solenoid test and the right side cannon Does Not fire in test. I tested it several times and never got it to fire once. I have checked the connectors J130 & J107 both appear to be ok.

#5 3 years ago

I would suggest moving your question over to the ST:TNG club thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club/page/109#post-6226440 I give a 90% chance Pin Guy helps if you ask nicely.

#6 3 years ago

Oh man...am I really that predictable?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ng-right-cannon-wont-fire- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.