Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9CDB0C83-EC96-4A67-A1B3-BE0868C47C36.jpeg
20210725_175225 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hey all, beginning a light refurb on a new-to-me TNG table. The cannons have a lot of corrosion in their internals. I ordered new brackets from Marco but was disappointed to see all the cannon wiring runs through a hole in the bracket.

Given how finicky I've read these components can be, should I cut the wires beneath the playfield so that I can pull them all through the bracket in one shot vs. desoldering all the individual components?

Any other advice appreciated!

20210725_175225 (resized).jpg20210725_175225 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago
Quoted from TimStevens:

Any other advice appreciated!

The wires run into a connector. Pull the wire/pin it's crimped to from the connector, then pull up through the mechanism and playfield.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

If the cannon has been flakey, strongly recommend replacing the entire harness.

#4 2 years ago

I’m doing the same thing right now. Just got new brackets.

My left cannon plunger always sticks after it fires, even with new sleeves, couldn’t tell why. Going to rebuild them both with all new stuff.

Not as rusty as yours, yikes! I need new covers bad.

9CDB0C83-EC96-4A67-A1B3-BE0868C47C36.jpeg9CDB0C83-EC96-4A67-A1B3-BE0868C47C36.jpeg

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The wires run into a connector. Pull the wire/pin it's crimped to from the connector, then pull up through the mechanism and playfield.
LTG : )

Oh how the heck did I miss that? Thanks!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

My left cannon plunger always sticks after it fires, even with new sleeves, couldn’t tell why. Going to rebuild them both with all new stuff.
[quoted image]

Your plunger sticks either because it got magnetized or the bottom of the plunger (the bell shaped part) cut a groove in the bracket that holds the coil and is hanging up in it now for a half a second or two then releasing.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]

I have some brand new cannon covers for anyone interested, they are from my laser kit, without the laser assembly, or you could buy the whole laser kit to make it more complete...

Mick

https://www.mickspinball.com/star-trek-tng-kit-options

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from TimStevens:

iven how finicky I've read these components can be, should I cut the wires beneath the playfield so that I can pull them all through the bracket in one shot vs. desoldering all the individual components?

I would just desolder them.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Your plunger sticks either because it got magnetized or the bottom of the plunger (the bell shaped part) cut a groove in the bracket that holds the coil and is hanging up in it now for a half a second or two then releasing.

Magnetism.. interesting, I bought new plungers but I’m gonna test the old one anyway.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

I have some brand new cannon covers for anyone interested, they are from my laser kit, without the laser assembly, or you could buy the whole laser kit to make it more complete...
Mick
https://www.mickspinball.com/star-trek-tng-kit-options

Thanks, hadn’t seen your site yet. Are these licensed? Is color exact match to original? Grey looks too dark but could be the pic. I like the the clear domes.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Thanks, hadn’t seen your site yet. Are these licensed? Is color exact match to original? Grey looks too dark but could be the pic. I like the the clear domes.

Yes, the color is an exact match to the originals, and I like the clear domes also, especially with the oscillating LEDs I also have..I have been selling these and the laser kits since 2002.

Thanks for asking..

Mick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 173.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 63.95
6,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.