• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Looking to buy a TNG sometime in next 4-6 months. Found someone with one that is in pretty good shape and is wanting 4600 for it, no LEDs except for bird of prey mod. Is this a good deal, was hoping to buy for 3--3.75k like I saw last year? Have prices gone up that much in one year?
What kind of price range is there for TNG?
Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I wouldn't pay that for it unless it's extremely nice. Especially without LEDs.

I bought mine three months ago for 3k. It had like 15 hallmark ships on it (All removed except for the Borg Cube, the better looking bird of prey, and the shuttlecraft...) and powdercoated siderails, coin door, legs, and lockdown bar. Mind you, I had to put together the coin door and clean up every screw thread on the powdercoated parts because the guy had never re-assembled the game after getting the parts back. I still feel like I got a great deal on that. I sold my very nice STTNG last year for 3800...had full LED kit and a full set of new plastics on it.

#3 10 years ago

depends on location really

#4 10 years ago

This one is a tough call. The game is incredibly complicated, so having one that works fully and in good shape does have value. For 4600, it should be pretty awesome.

#5 10 years ago

Location is St. Louis area, mr pinball has ad from someone elsewhere for 4500 but all led / modded out etc so I was thinking offering 3.5 prob have to meet in middle somewhere

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

. Found someone with one that is in pretty good shape and is wanting 4600 for it, no LEDs except for bird of prey mod. Is this a good deal,

$4,000 would be more exceptable.

#7 10 years ago

I paid $4000 for mine (without baby with LEDs) a few months ago. Good condition, not collector quality. CA prices always seems to be higher. There was another one available for $4500 with mods and in better shape but also 2hr away. image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

$3750 about four months ago for a nice players quality machine in the Northeast. No LED's, but absolutely no fade and no playfield wear either. I have added about $500 worth of goodies since including Color DMD and LED's. You couldn't pry it out of my hands at the moment for $4750!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

$3750 about four months ago for a nice players quality machine in the Northeast. No LED's, but absolutely no fade and no playfield wear either. I have added about $500 worth of goodies since including Color DMD and LED's. You couldn't pry it out of my hands at the moment for $4750!

Agree, after pimping mine + a color dmd, I wouldn't sell mine for less than $5K. This game is epic!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

I paid $4000 for mine (without baby with LEDs) a few months ago. Good condition, not collector quality. CA prices always seems to be higher. There was another one available for $4500 with mods and in better shape but also 2hr away.

I'm pretty sure that's the one I got. Upgraded speakers, laser cannon mod, LEDs, new opto boards, pretty close to CC. By far the nicest and best playing STTNG I have ever seen. I wouldn't pay $4600 unless it had more mods, LEDs, new boards, etc.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

I'm pretty sure that's the one I got. Upgraded speakers, laser cannon mod, LEDs, new opto boards, pretty close to CC. By far the nicest and best playing STTNG I have ever seen. I wouldn't pay $4600 unless it had more mods, LEDs, new boards, etc.

Sounds like it. Pollock Pines? The pictures and description were nice, congrats.

#12 10 years ago

I've got a fully shopped STTNG in Louisville up for sale now - beautiful machine. I am asking $4300

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Sounds like it. Pollock Pines? The pictures and description were nice, congrats.

Yep! That's the one! Super nice.

#14 10 years ago

I have a nice STTNG that is partially LED'd for sale,$3900.00.

#15 10 years ago

I paid $3900 last year for a nice stock STTNG. Fully working for the most part. It needed new canon wiring harnesses and the drop target was flaky. Other than that, it is a real nice machine. I might have paid a bit much, but it was a local sale, and that's the first I had seen in a long time. Worth it to me. I think the average for un-modded STTNG is in the area of $3500-$4000. Obviously depending on overall condition.

Chris (in MI)

#16 10 years ago

A couple have gone down this way south of 4k. One went recently with lots of mods just over 4k. Someday I'll have one, at least for a while.

#17 10 years ago

I have had two. The first was $3300 bought last year and I sold it for the same amount this year. It was decent. A routed game that was cleaned up by a collector, had some mods and played fine.

The second is one i bought this year (to keep) a Chris Hutchins HEP that I paid 6k for - yes, I know this may be the most expensive STTNG on earth, but I love the game, and this one is like a NIB game.

#18 10 years ago

Mine is LED'd but no color DMD. Super nice and paid $4100 for it. It will never leave.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I have had two. The first was $3300 bought last year and I sold it for the same amount this year. It was decent. A routed game that was cleaned up by a collector, had some mods and played fine.
The second is one i bought this year (to keep) a Chris Hutchins HEP that I paid 6k for - yes, I know this may be the most expensive STTNG on earth, but I love the game, and this one is like a NIB game.

I disagree, $6k for a HEP STTNG sounds like a really good deal to me. Anyone else have one of these for sale? I would be interested.

QSS

#20 10 years ago

I have an exceptionally nice one (HUO) with several upgrades that cost $4,500 (not including eighteen hours of driving and a hotel stay). I added the color DMD and a couple of mods, so I consider it to be worth $5k. Whether I'd ever get that for it is another matter entirely. Of course, I am not selling, so it's only hypothetical. Given what new machines are selling for nowadays, STTNG is a heck of a lot of pin for the money.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

$6k for a HEP STTNG sounds like a really good deal to me

That would be an outstanding deal. It is easy to spend $6k just on the restoration itself.

#22 10 years ago

$3500-$4000 depending on location for a clean working game. As far as LED's go, I've never cared if games have them or not. They're cheap and easy to install if you ever want to go that route.

#23 10 years ago

So you guys think $4400 would be a fair price for a nice STTNG with LEDs and a Color DMD?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So you guys think $4400 would be a fair price for a nice STTNG with LEDs and a Color DMD?

that would be about top of market price if you ask me. A good place to start if you are selling.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I certainly could be. It depends on how nice, nice is.

#26 10 years ago

Don't really want to sell it, just wondering what it's worth. Thanks for the input!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

$3500-$4000 depending on location for a clean working game. As far as LED's go, I've never cared if games have them or not. They're cheap and easy to install if you ever want to go that route.

I agree depending on the quality of LED's. i would rather have incandescent over the some of the cheap dull LEDs out there. If you put in 200 high quality bulbs($300), i see it raising the price on the machine cuz it makes a HUGE difference!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

If you put in 200 high quality bulbs($300), i see it raising the price on the machine

Of course this is all personal preference. It really depends on your definition of high quality. Some think that superbright = high quality. I HATE superbrights crammed in every last bulb of a game - blindingly bright doesn't make a game better. Now, a tastefully done LED machine should fetch a little more, but only the cost of the bulbs.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Of course this is all personal preference. It really depends on your definition of high quality. Some think that superbright = high quality. I HATE superbrights crammed in every last bulb of a game - blindingly bright doesn't make a game better. Now, a tastefully done LED machine should fetch a little more, but only the cost of the bulbs.

I agree its a matter of taste, but it also depends on your pin lineup. I had STTNG sitting next to AC/DC permium and I could barely see the playfield on ST with the lights out. I had to brighten it up a bit to play in dark conditions.

#30 10 years ago

I'd say $3000-$5000 for this title, depending on condition. $5k would be pimped out and practically mint. $4600 seems high for what you describe, unless it's practically mint. You can get very nice examples for $4000-$4400, or less if you get a lucky Craigslist score.

2 weeks later
#31 10 years ago

Anyone considering selling theirs anytime soon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
$ 64.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-next-generation-pinball-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.