Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-564.jpg
image-455.jpg
image-548.jpg
image-111.jpg
image-271.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Add a flashing Klingon emblem to your machine. Hooks up to the bumper or right ramp flasher. Attaches to the right return with existing screws. Will be ready by end of week.

http://mezelmods.com

image-111.jpgimage-111.jpg
image-271.jpgimage-271.jpg
image-548.jpgimage-548.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Not my favorite mod of yours. Seems to overpower the playfield.

#3 10 years ago

My wife mentioned I should make it smaller, I am doing that right now.

#4 10 years ago

I sized it down quite a bit and got rid of the LED shadow. It sits there backlit by the backboard lights and then it lights up nicely when the flasher goes off. I think it looks good now. I will let folks pick any color LED that they would prefer.

image-455.jpgimage-455.jpgimage-564.jpgimage-564.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Not feeling it on this one, so I'm going to try to provide constructive suggestions. Just the thoughts of one person, so please don't be offended. Everyone likes something a little different, but here goes....

Make each of the 3 segments light up separately and tie it into the Klingon targets would be my suggestion. I'd reshape it to follow the outline of the Klingon symbol as well if possible (instead of the big circle) and see if it could be located closer to the Klingon targets without being distracting in a negative way. Green is usually the color for Klingons. Use 3 green LEDs (one for each section of the Klingon symbol).

If this idea doesn't suck, you are welcome to use it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Not feeling it on this one, so I'm going to try to provide constructive suggestions. Just the thoughts of one person, so please don't be offended. Everyone likes something a little different, but here goes....
Make each of the 3 segments light up separately and tie it into the Klingon targets would be my suggestion. I'd reshape it to follow the outline of the Klingon symbol as well if possible (instead of the big circle) and see if it could be located closer to the Klingon targets without being distracting in a negative way. Green is usually the color for Klingons. Use 3 green LEDs (one for each section of the Klingon symbol).

I think this is pretty good. I think it'll have to be pretty small to be on the Klingon targets without obscuring the upper ramp shot.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I was definitely trying to light up the segments as you hit the Klingon targets but I wanted something for all machines. The LE has a RGB hookup and I was not going to fool with that. I will continue to work on the reshaping it, was unsuccessful yesterday because of its odd shape. I originally had 3 LEDs in it to do the above. Work in progress. Good feedback. I have an alternate place for it but was trying to fill that empty space on the right.

#8 10 years ago

If you want to fill that empty back corner with something Klingon, why not mod a Hallmark Klingon Battle Cruiser? I'm not sure where they show up in the movies, but they are what's on the screen during Klingon multiball.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If you want to fill that empty back corner with something Klingon, why not mod a Hallmark Klingon Battle Cruiser? I'm not sure where they show up in the movies, but they are what's on the screen during Klingon multiball.

+1. A lighted Klingon cruiser in that spot would be great!

#10 10 years ago

Those seem to be a bit pricey compared to the Bird of Prey. I already sell the Bird with 4 LEDs stuffed inside it and it is a laborious chore. Was just trying to make something a little different. I will fix the outline on these and move on.

BTW no one saw something in the picture of my machine that does not belong...

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Docray1:

+1. A lighted Klingon cruiser in that spot would be great!

I lit one up but it was a pain to do it. I just have to figure out where I want to put it. This will be ship #6 in my machine.

#12 10 years ago

I did. The ac/dc bolt right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mod-flashing-klingon-emblem-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.