10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star Trek LE wWhite DMD.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Thought I would share another picture of the XPin White DMD in another game. This one comes to me from the Pinball Wizard Arcade in Pelham, NH. I was told as soon as it was installed everyone wanted to jump on it and play.

Thanks to Sarah for the picture!

BrettStar Trek LE wWhite DMD.jpgStar Trek LE wWhite DMD.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Sweet! Is it a simple plug and play install?

#3 10 years ago

Looks nice Brett. Also, I personally find true blue LED DMDs a bit painful to look at, but if you want blue in your Star Trek the white DMD with a blue filter in place looks really nice in person, and it's easier on the eyes IMHO than actual blue LEDs. As a bonus you can pick the exact shade of blue you want with the filters.

#4 10 years ago

Is this from Boston Pinball Co.?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

The DMD should be, it's totally standard, but the game comes with a red plastic filter I think, so you'd have to replace that with clear. Did I see that Pin Bits made one already? Not sure.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The DMD should be, it's totally standard, but the game comes with a red plastic filter I think, so you'd have to replace that with clear. Did I see that Pin Bits made one already? Not sure.

Cool. Thanks, Aurich. I figured as much. I fitted mine with a blue dmd, and did have to replace (and redrill holes for) a clear plastic filter. The fit was a lot more snug than other dmd swaps I'd done. I'm digging the white though. Maybe I'll throw the blue in my Tron.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

It is plug and play. Pinbits isn't carrying a clear yet for the hole patterns. When I first found out about the issue I had some made up. I currently list the clear panel on my website under the White DMD listing as an add-in. I am debating on whether to start carrying more clear plastics for the white DMDs.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Is this from Boston Pinball Co.?

No, this is from XPin.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from XPinPinball:

... Pinbits isn't carrying a clear yet for the hole patterns...

Yes they are. They're right on their site, right next to the blue for Stern ST. I'll have them too at shows and my site.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

They're right on their site, right next to the blue for Stern ST. I'll have them too at shows and my site.

Didn't know that. I went out to their site early last month before I started making some and couldn't find any so I had some made. Multi-source!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-w-xpin-white-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.