startrek new vuk.PNG
startrek original vuk.PNG
startrek new vuk.PNG
startrek original vuk.PNG
panel beater.jpg
latch2.jpg
jumptheshark.jpg
image.jpg
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

I'm really hoping there's a memory option for the kickback like in NGG.

#102 10 years ago

Ed, in the video I heard someone ask "when are you going to start shipping these". It sounded like the answer was "next week. Monday is a very big day for us". Is that what was said?

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Ya this LE looks off the charts in appearance. The color changers, laser light show, trim kit and we still haven't seen the star field projector and added Ship effects its looking pretty sick.

I thought Hulk was the best looking game when it was first shown...........

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Ed, in the video I heard someone ask "when are you going to start shipping these". It sounded like the answer was "next week. Monday is a very big day for us". Is that what was said?

I was told production on the LEs might start Monday. I don't know who was talking behind me, but it wasn't to me. I'm guessing LEs won't start shipping stateside until next month.

#105 10 years ago

I need a pay raise. Bad.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I thought Hulk was the best looking game when it was first shown...........

Excellent point, This has been a hectic STLE adventure. I hope they will complete the code on it as well as ACDC. I can't remember the last code that was completed, perhaps Spiderman is the closest?

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Excellent point, This has been a hectic STLE adventure. I hope they will complete the code on it as well as ACDC. I can't remember the last code that was completed, perhaps spiderman is the closest?

Tron is complete.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So I saw the picture of the LE and the VuK change from expo. It was enough for me. I cancelled my LE preorder and have a(nother) pro on the way. This was the main gameplay difference between LE and pro. The VuK isn't different enough to warrant the extra cost. I think the kick back will be worse than having nudge posts on the left outlane.

Unbelievable.

The "King of Bling" backs out of his order of the most bling'd out Stern LE ever released...because of a VUK change.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Tron is complete.

Totally agree. I'm not sure what else they could possibly do to Tron's code to make it any better than it sits, without adding things to the playfield.

#110 10 years ago

Ah see I didn't know the vuk changed. Here are the pics comparing them.

startrek original vuk.PNGstartrek original vuk.PNG

startrek new vuk.PNGstartrek new vuk.PNG

#111 10 years ago

the ball return on the pro will be a lot faster, no VUK to go around, better flow.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I need a pay raise. Bad.

I'm with you on that! lol Maybe 2 or 3 scales up too

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I owned a pro for a couple weeks. Loved it. The main selling point for le for me was the mode start "punch it" firing up the ramp for an upper flipper pitch. Without that, gameplay wise, the pro and LE are basically the same.
As for the LE additions, here is my reasoning:
- powder coat, ill do my own $250 including coin door. Will be more complete. Advantage pro
- light show - advantage LE, but not by much. I really enjoy lighting games and I don't think I'll miss most the light show after I'm done. I guess we will see.
- asteroids - advantage LE. Pro will have mods
- enterprise ship - advantage LE, but I have a light up enterprise ornament left over so for no charge I can get close.
- shaker - ill buy it $200
- light up side rails - neat but don't care much about side of machine.
- kickback - will remain to be seen after playing LE. But I expect the rubber nudge posts on pro left outlanes to be far less frustrating than the drain magnet outlane with kickback. Probably prefer the pro here.
- star field projection - it may come down to this.
- color changing inserts. - not sure how well they'll be used. They're useful in acdc but not useful in woz or Star Trek pro so far. Seems to change color just because it can rather than to mean something.
- side board running lights - these look great on the videos. But I like mirror blades. Ill see if there's anything I can do on my own. It's a small loss on the pro having mirror blades and no lights, but not much.
When its all said and done with my planned mods I'm saving $2800 going with the pro. It just doesn't feel worth that much more for the LE.

I think you are forgetting a few things.

Full mirrored back glass always looks better then a Pro/Premium translite.

Shield indicators on the apron look very nice and will tie into gameplay.

The VUK to the in lane will still be cool for combos as sometimes the eject kickout on the pro sends the ball into the top of the slingshot and out of control.

Speaker panel looms way better on the LE over the pro/premium

Warm ramp chaser LEDs look nice.

More game controlled motion of the Vengence as opposed to the AFM like effect on the Pro.

All these thing added up and the LE future value seems to me a no brainier for someone like you who has a ton of money into their collection yes is worried about a lack if perceived value between the 2 versions.

The premium version seems like an even worse way to go since you won't be getting the full light show effects.

#114 10 years ago

Bought a Pro and now have more cash free for a MM ; )

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The premium version seems like an even worse way to go since you won't be getting the full light show effects.

I beg to differ. 90% of the light show will be in the Premium, including the Apron shields.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

the ball return on the pro will be a lot faster, no VUK to go around, better flow.

Ya that 1/2 second is really gonna kill the flow.

The VUK return will be much smoother then when the eject kicks the ball into the top of the slingshot and puts it out of control.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I beg to differ. 90% of the light show will be in the Premium, including the Apron shields.

No side rail lasers inside or outside, no light up enterprise, side back box or speaker lighting, also the speaker panel looks way better.

IMO the LE looks much better and will be worth the extra $$$ for the effects.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable.
The "King of Bling" backs out of his order of the most bling'd out Stern LE ever released...because of a VUK change.

Bad move...no offense. I listened to SR twice and at the .38 sec he states that the vuk didn't work well at the low voltage BUT, the vuk can now kick out to the playfield; OR up the curl to the wireform. I can't think of any vuk off hand that does double duty like that. That's innovation. That's SR. This pin is state of the art at current level. With code; above the norm.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

Bad move...no offense. I listened to SR twice and at the .38 sec he states that the vuk didn't work well at the low voltage BUT, the vuk can now kick out to the playfield; OR up the curl to the wireform. I can't think of any vuk off hand that does double duty like that. That's innovation. That's SR. This pin is state of the art at current level. With code; above the norm.

There is no wireform now....

wireform
startrek original vuk.PNGstartrek original vuk.PNG

The new pic from seeing SR talk about the LE
startrek new vuk.PNGstartrek new vuk.PNG

It is now just a scoop to the left flipper ramp.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No side rail lasers inside or outside, no light up enterprise, side back box or speaker lighting, also the speaker panel looks way better.
IMO the LE looks much better and will be worth the extra $$$ for the effects.

That's external bling.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

That's external bling.

But still part of the light show.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But still part of the light show.

Eh.

Not more the 10%.

Besides, not in the market till next year, so LE was never an option.

Premiums will be made last, have all the game of the LE, 90% of the light show, the major kinks worked out.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

- light show - advantage LE, but not by much. I really enjoy lighting games and I don't think I'll miss most the light show after I'm done. I guess we will see.

Really? The biggest light show ever in any pinball ever made and the LE light show 'barely' has an advantage over its pro?

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Really? The biggest light show ever in any pinball ever made and the LE light show 'barely' has an advantage over its pro?

Stock, the difference is huge. I agree. But when I'm done, the difference will be a lot less.

Quoted from mrobertso2:

I can't think of any vuk off hand that does double duty like that. That's innovation.

Congo, 1996.

Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable.

I actually do love bling but not so much factory bling. A lot of the visual choices made at the factory are not the same ones I'd make. Adding it yourself provides a more self satisfying end result.

I generally buy the LE vs the pro based solely on playability changes. I will handle the cosmetic differences myself. I don't need sterns help on that. In this case, the two play differences are the VuK and the kickback. The kickback is nice but the left outlane is designed to be a ball magnet just like getaway and sttng. I prefer the pro nudge posts to this. That leaves only the VuK. When it shot the ball forward, it was a game changer. Now that the ball comes back towards left flipper, its not much different then the pro in regards to flow.

Same logic on Metallica. I went pro since the game play was same and I felt hammer mech made the game play worse, after having the LE in my house. Xmen, I went LE due to night crawler mainly and am glad I did. Avengers was due to cross ramp. Acdc was due to drop targets and lower pf. Here, I'm just not finding the differences worthy. I actually prefer the look of ultra clear plastic ramps to wire forms as well.

Pro has lots of potential out of the box. Ill snap some pics and video when I'm done.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I generally buy the LE vs the pro based solely on playability changes. I will handle the cosmetic differences myself. I don't need sterns help on that.

Oh, but in this case you most certainly do. Your comparison to MET doesn't fly here (MET I can understand).

You really think you are going to put the side LED strip in the outer side armor and inside the cabinet yourself? Or the Star Trek backlit emblems on both sides of the head? Or the laser cut backlit Enterprise on the side armor near the flipper buttons?

I don't think so. But good luck with that.

Quoted from Part_3:

Eh.

Not more the 10%.

Keep telling yourself that.

#127 10 years ago

Wow, Mark has certainly bought enough games to have a solid feel for them including having owned the Pro. At this point folks will just have to live and learn.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wow, Mark has certainly bought enough games to have a solid feel for them including having owned the Pro. At this point folks will just have to live and learn.

I have no idea how to interpret what you are saying here.

He bought the pro, and liked it so much, he immediately decided to buy STLE. So what's your point? What do we have to live and learn exactly?

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh, but in this case you most certainly do. Your comparison to MET doesn't fly here (MET I can understand).
You really think you are going to put the side LED strip in the outer side armor and inside the cabinet yourself? Or the Star Trek backlit emblems on both sides of the head? Or the laser cut backlit Enterprise on the side armor near the flipper buttons?
I don't think so. But good luck with that.

I'm with MarkMon on this one. Across the board.

Met pro is a better player than LE. (I own LE)

ACDC premium/LE is better than pro

Xmen LE is better than pro (sorry SKB...)

Avengers LE is better than pro

I haven't played Star Trek yet (none in NZ yet) but from what I have seen the pro looks to be the way to go.

Kickback lanes ARE ball magnets as Mark says. Getaway, STTNG .. All the same.

Fancy pants red lights down the side ... I can't play those. And for $5000 NZ dollars extra (over the pro) I can't justify them either.

With some MarkMon bling, the pro will look sweet. Just cut back on the waxing Mark! Don't doooo itttttt! My waxed Met LE is just faaaaaaarking unplayable.

rd.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Xmen LE is better than pro (sorry SKB...)

I think you are bang on with the other ones but this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I disagree with. That stupid Iceman ramp ruins the LE, and the NC can be annoying sometimes too. Really the only cool thing about it is the spinning disc, that's pretty cool.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm with MarkMon on this one. Across the board.

....and yet you go on to discuss nothing about the things that I mention despite quoting my post.

Odd.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think you are bang on with the other ones but this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I disagree with. That stupid Iceman ramp ruins the LE, and the NC can be annoying sometimes too. Really the only cool thing about it is the spinning disc, that's pretty cool.

Yeah XM Pro plays much better than the LE and had many less issues with malfunctions. The pro was the easy choice for me after playing both the LE and Pro extensively. I've never once regretted making the decision to go with the Pro on this one even at the discount price the LE is selling for. Sorry to go off topic.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

....and yet you go on to discuss nothing about the things that I mention despite quoting my post.
Odd.

Yeah, I mentioned the fancy pants Star Trek lights!

You musta missed that part .... I shall quote MarkMon in future.

rd.

#134 10 years ago

I am on the other side of the X-Men Pro/LE debate. I played the Pro exclusively before I went with the LE. I don't really understand the negative comments about the Iceman ramp or the Nightcrawlers, I love them both and miss them whenever I play the Pro. The spinning disc and the light show on the LE are also way better imo. All of that, plus the current price of the LE make it a no brainer in my book.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I am on the other side of the X-Men Pro/LE debate. I played the Pro exclusively before I went with the LE. I don't really understand the negative comments about the Iceman ramp or the Nightcrawlers, I love them both and miss them whenever I play the Pro. The spinning disc and the light show on the LE are also way better imo. All of that, plus the current price of the LE make it a no brainer in my book.

You sir, are a genius.

Now, back to Star Trek VUK.

rd.

#136 10 years ago

Yeah, good call. I'm also in for a Star Trek LE and am excited to get it, VUK change or not.

#137 10 years ago

Light shows on all the LE/Premiums are much better then the Pro counterpart. To some its worth it, to others its not.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You really think you are going to put the side LED strip in the outer side armor and inside the cabinet yourself? Or the Star Trek backlit emblems on both sides of the head? Or the laser cut backlit Enterprise on the side armor near the flipper buttons?.

I never said that I was going to duplicate all the things stem did in the LE. Game play wise, the pro is fantastic. I don't expect the LE to play better. The LE will look better. The LE will have a great light show. My pro will have a good light show. It will look better than a stock pro. It won't have all the coolness factors of the LE. But I don't care too much about the lighting on the cabinet sides or head.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

But I don't care too much about the lighting on the cabinet sides or head.

You are the king of bling. You know you love that shit!

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Light shows on all the LE/Premiums are much better then the Pro counterpart. To some its worth it, to others its not.

As far as lights go on the older LE's especially, I disagree. I can buy $200 worth of LED's and make a pro look better then a stock LE.

#141 10 years ago

Can anyone argue this LE is probably the biggest light show since Tron LE?

Tron LE -
lighted RGB ramps
flashers under apron
Led inserts single color

STLE -
RGB inserts
Lighted side rails ship
Red LEDs along side rails and inside cabinet
Shield emblems on side of head LEDs
RGB power indicator inserts on apron
Blue led chaser ramp
All flashers LEDs
Starfield laser projector

Anything I forgot?

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can anyone argue this LE is probably the biggest light show since TRON LE?
TRON LE -
lighted RGB ramps
flashers under apron
Led inserts single color
STLE -
RGB inserts
Lighted side rails ship
Blue led chaser ramp
All flashers LEDs
Anything I forgot?

Guess that pretty much ends that debate and all other future debates regarding lighting bling of tron LE vs STLE

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Guess that pretty much ends that debate and all other future debates regarding lighting bling of TRON LE vs STLE

I forgot the starfield projector.

#144 10 years ago

So, When do the LE's get released? I ordered one, anyone hear any news on dates?

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from arctic:

So, When do the LE's get released? I ordered one, anyone hear any news on dates?

Starburst in Toronto said November 6th

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

sometimes the eject kickout on the pro sends the ball into the top of the slingshot and out of control.

This is my biggest gripe with Star Trek pro. What a pain in the ass. Interested to see how often the vuk is used instead of the kickout.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can anyone argue this LE is probably the biggest light show since TRON LE?
TRON LE -
lighted RGB ramps
flashers under apron
Led inserts single color
STLE -
RGB inserts
Lighted side rails ship
Blue led chaser ramp
All flashers LEDs
Starfield laser projector
Anything I forgot?

I think it will be one of the best looking pins in terms of bling ever.

Just hope gameplay and code will live up to its looks.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it will be one of the best looking pins in terms of bling ever.
Just hope gameplay and code will live up to its looks.

I concur.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from arctic:

Shipments start 11-11, according to my distributor .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-vuk-change-means-order-cancel/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.