(Topic ID: 210436)

Star Trek LE vs. Star Wars LE has this been done before?

By MK6PIN

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which do you prefer? explain if you care to in the thread”

• STLE, hands down 137 votes
    61%
  • STLE but close 17 votes
    8%
  • SWLE by a mile 23 votes
    10%
  • SWLE but close 40 votes
    18%
  • Don't like either 7 votes
    3%

(224 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181005_105929 (resized).jpg
6a00d8341c652b53ef011571cbc1ad970b-800wi (resized).jpg
20171126_140201 (resized).jpg
STLE #1 (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's kind of where I am on this. If "getting your monies worth" from Stern is the bigger deal than I can totally agree with ST:LE winning this one; and there's nothing wrong with that.

I hear ya on the monies worth part, and agree to a certain point....that being said SW has better toys, is faster, and has much better graphics and sound. At least in my mind its a much more enjoyable game....excited to see how it plays once they fine tune the code

#52 1 year ago

The fair assessment would be ST premium to SW premium. This would judge the game play and useable features. Value wise on the STLE there is no match. In my opinion SW premium or the LE is a better game. Value aside of course. More immersive. Better visuals. Better sound. Great flow. Great shots. Both games are great in there own way. SW always has me pushing the start button one more time.

To be honest the playfield art on the STLE is not that good. Beautiful game. cabinet and Backglass are awesome but the playfield is not the best.

#53 1 year ago

STLE hands down!
Not even a competition.

#54 1 year ago

I believe in 2013 Stern stretched the SAM system limit with very unique features, RGB PF, interactive illuminated side rails, laser, mirror back box with flashers, even "star trek insignia" side illumination w/ flasher too!, Karl Urban's sound package. What is obviously Sterns best & last great LE, regardless of movie buff theme, the STLE.

In 2017 Stern released SWLE on Spike 2 with LCD back box screens, improved sound, improved electronics, (note: I do like the red, white, blue GI, should be RGB in every game going forward it really sits the visual tone for a mode) playfield was left kind of bare, ti fighter bash toy on a spring, hyper loop with clamp shell death star on premium/LE, no shaker, no mirror back glass, non-illumination side rails on the LE. At release time = no art blades, no topper, no RGB lighting on PF, no Stern accessories of any kind.

That left me with a cancelled SWLE preorder, instead picked up a STLE, I have since added aftermarket options like, color DMD, movie sound track thanks to "nosro", green laser & Cliffy's. I feel STLE is the clear winner, even the ST Premium inches out the SW. However I'd still love to have a SWLE some day, just not over a STLE.

3 months later
#55 1 year ago

STLE is the much better game and it's not even close. Amazing flow and speed, just an overall enjoyable game to play. SW is a fail imo and I am a big Star Wars guy too normally. Only thing better on the SW is the big screen, the rest it losses.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's kind of where I am on this. If "getting your monies worth" from Stern is the bigger deal than I can totally agree with ST:LE winning this one; and there's nothing wrong with that.

Unless you own a ST pro which is almost identical without the bling..... I modded the heck out of mine to the point many come over and swear its a prem. ( but with some cooler features )

#57 1 year ago

all star wars are turds! maybe someday they will get it right.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Unless you own a ST pro which is almost identical without the bling..... I modded the heck out of mine to the point many come over and swear its a prem. ( but with some cooler features )

How much did you spend on that mod process? Was your basis then close to the price of a premium?

#59 1 year ago

Own both, feel like STLE appears amazing but not much gameplay difference from the pro. SWLE has a few more features in the gameplay. I'll give SWLE the nod.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

How much did you spend on that mod process? Was your basis then close to the price of a premium?

Enough ... but I do love it

Aurich art
Mirror balls
Pinbits protestors
Pinbits pop dress up
Mezel mod insignias cover
Real work rails
All premium non ghosting CT LEDs in GI and inserts
Vengeance mod
Enterprise mod
Klingon bird of prey hooked to GI
Erak asteroids
Mylar flipper protectors
Complete white superbands
Blue superbands flipper rubber
One of a kind warp chaser that works with warp hits
Shaker with pwm controller
Blue leg protestor cliffys
Spring cover mod
Pinbits eched sling protectors
And more I can't think off the top of my head.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Enough ... but I do love it
Aurich art
Mirror balls
Pinbits protestors
Pinbits pop dress up
Mezel mod insignias cover
Real work rails
All premium non ghosting CT LEDs in GI and inserts
Vengeance mod
Enterprise mod
Klingon bird of prey hooked to GI
Erak asteroids
Mylar flipper protectors
Complete white superbands
Blue superbands flipper rubber
One of a kind warp chaser that works with warp hits
Shaker with pwm controller
Blue leg protestor cliffys
Spring cover mod
Pinbits pop dress up kit
And more I can't think off the top of my head.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Also much of what I spent would go on the premium too.

#63 1 year ago

Having owned both games and a fan of both themes, my opinion is SW has better rules, game play, and is more fun. ST has more bling but I don't find it to be as much fun. This opinion appears to be contrarian to the majority but whatever; people can like/dislike whatever they want.

#64 1 year ago

STLE better for everything, except the LCD screen.

4 months later
#65 1 year ago

I own them both, I am a die hard star wars fan but star trek LE is to date my favorite pinball machine I have played. I picked up Deadpool LE yesterday and while I was there I played iron maiden premium and was very impressed and will hopefully have one within the next 2 weeks . I have a feeling it will be competing with star trek LE.

20181005_105929 (resized).jpg
#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I own them both, I am a die hard star wars fan but star trek LE is to date my favorite pinball machine I have played. I picked up Deadpool LE yesterday and while I was there I played iron maiden premium and was very impressed and will hopefully have one within the next 2 weeks . I have a feeling it will be competing with star trek LE.
[quoted image]

It's even more fun with a ColorDMD. Not sure why I waited so long.

#67 1 year ago

My STLE will never leave my collection. My SW Prem I am looking to trade or sell right now (if anyone is interested I'm in Western NC)

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

[quoted image]

My guess is, Iron Maiden will pass STLE for you, same thing happened in my collection (I also have several of the same pins you have, Metallica Prem, SW Prem, GB Prem) and Maiden Prem and STLE are my 2 favorites by far. Other pins are being completely ignored

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Perham, MN
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside