(Topic ID: 211936)

Star Trek LE: use of center arrow lights?

By GoDFaDDa

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by billycrna
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Idle curiosity for other Stern Star Trek owners, after years of owning my LE (latest code):

Does anyone know if/when the center playfield arrows are used for gameplay progress, and not just for animations?

The center set of arrows in the middle of the playfield work correctly for "animations" (swipes of color around the playfield during play, attract mode, etc)., but they don't ever seem to be used to "count up" to anything during play. The text on the playfield next to them implies they're used to indicate mission status, etc., but they aren't used that way.

I'm surprised they're not used to indicate mission progression (how many shots you've made for the mission, or how many are left), or for photon torpedoes remaining during a Vengeance event, etc.

#2 6 years ago

you earn 3 "arrows" when you complete the 3 stand up bank on the right side. These are missles or torpedoes that you shoot at the vengeance to gain progress to the vengeance modes. Use the button on the lock down bar to fire said torpedoes.

you can use them in the vengeance multiball to gain progress to defeat the vengeance as well as after it is defeated to collect the victory lap shot on the center.

edit: unless you are talking about the mode inserts... those are lit as your mode you are playing and after you beat them then stay solid. complete 3 in a row for a "captains chair" bonus of either super ramps, super spinner or super pops. You can beat missions three deep as well for a multiplied shot depending on the mode.

#3 6 years ago

I have wondered the same. My arrows always work with the whole play field animations, yet work sporadically for anything else. It's strange. It really looks like something is not functioning correctly. However, during the test, they work fine.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I have wondered the same. My arrows always work with the whole play field animations, yet work sporadically for anything else. It's strange. It really looks like something is not functioning correctly. However, during the test, they work fine.

the board that controls them can sometimes needs the connectors re-plugged in and sometimes the solder needs to be reflowed.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you earn 3 "arrows" when you complete the 3 stand up bank on the right side. These are missles or torpedoes that you shoot at the vengeance to gain progress to the vengeance modes. Use the button on the lock down bar to fire said torpedoes.
you can use them in the vengeance multiball to gain progress to defeat the vengeance as well as after it is defeated to collect the victory lap shot on the center.
edit: unless you are talking about the mode inserts... those are lit as your mode you are playing and after you beat them then stay solid. complete 3 in a row for a "captains chair" bonus of either super ramps, super spinner or super pops. You can beat missions three deep as well for a multiplied shot depending on the mode.

This is one of the kinds of features I expected, but I definitely don't get any arrows when I have photon torpedoes. Again, they work fine when animating (the big wash of lights across the playfield, during attract mode or play).

What version do you have (Pro, etc.)?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from GoDFaDDa:

This is one of the kinds of features I expected, but I definitely don't get any arrows when I have photon torpedoes. Again, they work fine when animating (the big wash of lights across the playfield, during attract mode or play).
What version do you have (Pro, etc.)?

This is exactly the issue I have. I have an LE. You?

1 week later
#7 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

This is exactly the issue I have. I have an LE. You?

Yes, an LE.

#8 6 years ago

I rechecked some contacts and now 3 triangles will light when I am awarded photon torpedoes to shoot at the vengeance.

2 weeks later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I rechecked some contacts and now 3 triangles will light when I am awarded photon torpedoes to shoot at the vengeance.

Huh, that's weird. For me, no effect. The contacts are all tight, and the connections are present (and it's really just the flat cable with the ethernet-style connector). I get all of the attract mode color and lighting (including wipes during the game), but nothing for gameplay (torpedoes, mission progress, etc.).

1 month later
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from GoDFaDDa:

Huh, that's weird. For me, no effect. The contacts are all tight, and the connections are present (and it's really just the flat cable with the ethernet-style connector). I get all of the attract mode color and lighting (including wipes during the game), but nothing for gameplay (torpedoes, mission progress, etc.).

Well that blows.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-use-of-center-arrow-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.