th-1.jpeg
ST LE 8.jpg
ST LE 7.jpg
ST LE 6.jpg
ST LE 5.jpg
eyes.jpg
VUK.png
ST LE 4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Looks sweet but....MORE PICS!!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

The VUK no longer kicks to the warp ramp.

Just like I and SKB said two weeks ago.

#95 10 years ago

I bet some more orders were placed for STLE today.

Quoted from jackal2001:

Ah remember the days of when everyone was complaining how LEDs were so blinding in pins. Ahh the times have changed.

Just like LEDs themselves have.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If they reduced the price by about $300 I'd be in but with all the exciting new projects coming out I think I will either go Premium or just wait and see which pin I want to add in the open spot. I think the cabinet and side armor look great but still not enough to justify the selling price for me. Hope all that get it love it sure seems like it will look even better in person!

I understand, but I will say that at least after today I feel like I can at least see more of why this pin costs a bit more. I normally put the LED speaker kits in my Stern pins. Those are about $75.00 after shipping. No need for that on this pin since Stern has already done it for me. I also buy the Flipper Fidelity backglass LED kits to replace the florescent tubes that Stern normally uses. That mod is another $165.00 or more after shipping. No need to buy that kit on STLE since Stern isn't using the florescent tube behind the backglass. They even have flashers again.

Add to that the fact that there are some very unique features that we haven't seen from Stern before, like the lit up Star Trek emblems on each side of the side of the backbox, the backlit Enterprise on the laser cut side armor, and of course the LED photon/laser lights both inside the cab and the outer side armor...there really is some noticeable extra bling here compared to prior LE's. And I think it looks bad ass!

If that extra bling isn't important enough to you to justify the extra cost, the Premium model would make sense.

Quoted from McCune:

I have been told that the ones who got out early want back in ...

As someone who came damn close to backing out, I'm pretty damn glad that I stayed in at this point.

Pin is sweet looking. Will come down to gameplay/code (like it always does).

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I heard a rumour that they have scrapped the laser starfield projector because it wasn't working out

Would really like to know your source for this "rumor". I have a hard time believing this is true.

#121 10 years ago

I can see why you are pumped about it for sure and there is absolutely no need to try and explain it. It's pinball if you see the value there and want it why not jump all over it and enjoy the hell out of it. I just don't see the value there. I'm not saying the price could not even go up in the future on this pin just that at this price the pin will never be mine. I just hate to see the rate at which Stern is raising their pins it seems like every release and at some point I had to say enough is enough and this was that point for me. I'll shut up now and let you all enjoy what will be coming soon to your homes just couldn't resist throwing my opinion out there.

Just for clarification, I understood your point to begin with.

As far as there being no need to try and explain it, I agree, but this was more of a case where I WANTED to explain how I felt today after seeing the pics and the videos. That is to say, I can now SEE where some of the extra bling is (and therefore value) and it's pretty freaking sweet!

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yup, I don't blame people who don't want to pay for the extra bling. I'm usually in that same boat. But this time it's different for me. The game simply looks stunning and is different than any other Stern, so THIS TIME, I'm in all the way baby.
"Yeah but you don't play the bling". LOL
I heard the same thing when I ordered the TRON LE.

#134 10 years ago

Man that is a long time to wait for a feature of a pinball machine to be implemented! I hope they get it implemented in time for the Premium release.

Yeah, I'd disagree with my friend SKB on this one (unless he has some inside info which is entirely possible). I would expect a major feature like that to be implemented early on, even if it is a basic implementation to begin with, and to refine it later.

Would kind of suck for it not to work at all initially.

#150 10 years ago

That was my magic number as well. Doesn't look like that is gonna happen at this point unfortunately.

You can probably get it for that. Unfortunately, you just can't play it because they can't ship it to you.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait, patience, you will be able to get it a lot cheaper later............

You keep saying that.

I'm starting to think that the only person you are trying to convince is yourself.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Naw........very happy with my decision, no need to convince, I have patience! Worked out with Ac/dc and I need to know what the next "greatest eva" is and whether code will be finished or not......
Still believe.....much cheaper, are you trying to "convince yourself"?.....

What's your definition of "much cheaper"?

I don't have to convince myself of anything. I'm in regardless of what happens in the future. Pin looks bad ass. Way better than the initial pics we got from Stern. Those pics generated very little excitement. I criticized it myself and was disappointed. If we got the pics and videos we've seen today back when the STLE was first revealed, there would have been a lot more excitement.

Yes, people would still rightly complain about the price increase and the increase in the number of LEs being made, but at least we would have had a much better representation of what we were getting.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You could put them in the corner with
Hulk LE
Avengers LE
Wolvie LE
Magnets Man LE
Rolling Stones LE
And see if the 2 winners (BIB and TRON LE) balance out all the losses.
My point being ... If anyone is buying STLE to make money ... They are buying it for the wrong reason.
If you gave me $8000 cash money I bet I could double it for you within 12 months. I'll give you the tip, there would be no pinball machines involved. STLE is not going to be worth $16,000 in a year.
rd.

Nobody said otherwise.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Much", who knows, I'm just thinking cheaper based on 799 and price, we'll see, but it doesn't matter, it looks great and you are already all in and get to play it sooner, albeit with code lacking, but I'm in the wait and see camp now.....I'm just a complainer of the volume and price, yet I reserve the right to love it later! I'm pretty "fickle" myself.....
I'm guessing 7k shipped in a few months after/before they announce the next greatest in January?

Nothing wrong with any of that my friend.

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

No one with a small collection like mine can afford to have two games with the same basic layout.

Why? They usually don't play the same. I have MB, MM and AFM. Similar fan layout. They really don't play very similar, especially AFM.

I have yet to read a review by anyone familiar with both ST and SM say that they play or feel the same.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I think if you take away the theming elements from both (art, lights, audio, dots), they would end up feeling very similar as whitewoods. Same number of shots. Almost the exact same shot location. Same three-flipper arrangement with the *exact* same side ramp shot angle. This isn't just the old argument of one fan design looking like another, this is actually SM's layout with some adjustments. With the unlimited creativity that can be expressed in pinball designs, in a 4 game collection there's no room (in my opinion) for two games that offer nearly identical challenges.
Is ST's layout better than SM? Very likely - I know when I revise something, it typically gets better. Like the change to the behind-the-upper-flipper-shot, which was originally created for SM but done too late to enter production. And if I didn't already have SM, I really wouldn't care one iota about the similarities. But I do own that game, and since SM is a very recent title and also very popular design, doing what essentially amounts to a re-theming this soon seems... cheap. Even lazy.
This is, of course, merely my opinion, based on the unfortunate coincidence of already owning a great game that happens to have been the basis for another game featuring a theme in my top five all-time favorites. So, I reserve the right to be personally disappointed!

I understand where you are coming from for sure.

But as you can see from my collection, I personally don't get bothered by having similar PF designs in my collection, as long as the game plays great, has interesting rules, and a good theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-the-stern-factory-on-display?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.