Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Sunfox
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LASER STLE.jpg
VUK.jpg
VUK 2.jpg
image-539.jpg
th-1.jpeg
ST LE 8.jpg
ST LE 7.jpg
ST LE 6.jpg
ST LE 5.jpg
eyes.jpg
VUK.png
ST LE 4.jpg

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can probably get it for that. Unfortunately, you just can't play it because they can't ship it to you.

How much do you think the Premium will go for? Ballpark?

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya, i foresee early attract mode implementation.

I wouldn't count on that. Like radio mode on AC/DC, you don't want the customers to get too distracted before they even hit the start button (put money in the game). May be off by default with the option of turning in on in settings. That way, the goal is to keep playing (dropping quarters) to get the laser working. You gotta pay to see the show.

I also wouldn't assume it won't work soon. They're going all out with the introduction. No laser at all would be a big letdown.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

How much do you think the Premium will go for? Ballpark?

6600 shipped

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The lit apron will allow the player a quick indication of how strong their shield level is.

This sounds great! its going to be fun collecting shields and building up your weapons (up the yellow insert tree in the center). This alone is a cool meta game to the entire pin and if coded correctly can really create a sense of battle between the player and the vengeance.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

if you pay cash some have been known to knock that 2.5% credit card fee off.

The quote was a 1.5% credit card fee that I didn't include in my 7895 number. It would have been a 7895 cash purchase. Knocking 2.5% off might have made some difference, but probably not enough to change my decision.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That was my magic number as well. Doesn't look like that is gonna happen at this point unfortunately.

Before I knew what the price increase was going to be, I had set a number in my head that I wasn't going to convince myself to go above. Everyone has their price point. Sounds like we had the same one.

#156 5 years ago

Me'sa blind!

image-539.jpg

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can probably get it for that. Unfortunately, you just can't play it because they can't ship it to you.

Yeah no thanks. I'm all good over here. Played the pro for probably 6-7 hours the gameplay between the different versions are probably pretty similar other than the VUK. I am okay with the decision to wait and see on this one (premium).

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I've Never played STLE but I will say I got Fireball Frenzy on WOZ last night and the light show was incredible!

Is that the mode in which the GI lights turn on?

Haaaaha couldn't resist.

All in good humour ... No thumbs down from the fanboys please

rd

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I can see why you are pumped about it for sure and there is absolutely no need to try and explain it. It's pinball if you see the value there and want it why not jump all over it and enjoy the hell out of it. I just don't see the value there. The rate at which Stern is raising prices on their pins it seems like every release and at some point I had to say enough is enough and this was that point for me. I'll shut up now and let you all enjoy.

The Dude dispenses some very good common sense there.

The RD endorses this post.

rd.

#160 5 years ago

When will Premiums be shipping?

#161 5 years ago

Costs too much!

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

When will Premiums be shipping?

Originally it was November / December time frame... not sure if that changed or not???

#163 5 years ago

WOW! If it plays half as good as it looks.......

#164 5 years ago

Wait, patience, you will be able to get it a lot cheaper later...........or buy into the hype now! GL with whatever anyone decides...... You can get a premium for a whole lot cheaper later after the code is actually done and people are dropping them for the next "greatest eva"........

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait, patience, you will be able to get it a lot cheaper later...........or buy into the hype!

OMG

Didn't you get hyped into a WOZ?

For like an entire presidential term or however long it took?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait, patience, you will be able to get it a lot cheaper later............

You keep saying that.

I'm starting to think that the only person you are trying to convince is yourself.

#167 5 years ago

The buzz I am hearing from friends in different states that are at expo are all saying the same thing tonight. COOL!

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You keep saying that.

I'm starting to think that the only person you are trying to convince is yourself.

Naw........very happy with my decision, no need to convince, I have patience! Worked out with Ac/dc and I need to know what the next "greatest eva" is and whether code will be finished or not......

Still believe.....much cheaper, are you trying to "convince yourself"?.....

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Naw........very happy with my decision, no need to convince, I have patience! Worked out with Ac/dc and I need to know what the next "greatest eva" is and whether code will be finished or not......

Shouldn't you be playing your WOZ right now?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Didn't you get hyped into a WOZ?

Live and learn Kenny and btw, my Woz will be in home mañana.......And I wish we could fast forward to the next "presidential term"......

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Shouldn't you be playing your WOZ right now?

Twas the night before Wozmas Jarsky!........R&L jerked me around today....what's new........my wife is going to have to accept delivery, no freaking pallet jack punctures.......can I trust her?

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Worked out with Ac/dc

Can't argue that point with you Ice... and if we are just talking about the premium I would agree 100%. But this is more about the LE - and I don't know about you... but I would love to have a few LTBR's or B&B's to sell now.

Just saying...

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Live and learn Kenny and btw, my Woz will be in home mañana.......And I wish we could fast forward to the next "presidential term"......

Next presidential term? Why, is that when your WOZ will have completed code?

Ah shit enough of that pot stirring on my part, congrats on getting your new game tomorrow.

Back to ST

Too expensive! Wah for me!

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

can I trust her?

I would guess she has seen you accept enough NIB's so far that she has learned enough from you... so I would vote yes!

#175 5 years ago

Wow , I don't know what happend

#176 5 years ago

Thank you to all of you that posted pictures and videos from the Stern tour. The game looks very nice. I love the extra cabinet and rail lighting. I'm feeling very happy about my choice to order this game.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Can't argue that point with you Ice... and if we are just talking about the premium I would agree 100%. But this is more about the LE - and I don't know about you... but I would love to have a few LTBR's or B&B's to sell now.

Premium all the way! Yes, those LE's on Ac/dc are awesome, I think Tony/Teekee has a few dozen left and Jimmy Mac has a BIB for sale after 50k plays......

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Next presidential term? Why, is that when your WOZ will have completed code?

Yep, WAY before, Xmen, Avengers, Transformers, Metallica and Star Trek? What do you think?

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Wow , I don't know what happend

What happened is like all pinside threads this one inevitably was taken over by WOZ.

Look!!! It just happened to your initials!

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jimmy Mac has a BIB for sale after 50k plays..

Not going to happen , I wish I bought two more .

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What happened is like all pinside threads this one inevitably was taken over by WOZ.

Look!!! It just happened to your initials!

I tried to rib Ice and it quoted JarJar ? Yes my initials are awesome !

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not going to happen , I wish I bought two more .

How many plays now? I rocked out with Ac/dc earlier tonight again.......hard to beat....

Weren't you stressing over that "first Nib".....man, I wish I had jumped on board from day one...... Oh well, love the premium...

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Weren't you stressing over that "first Nib".....man, I wish I had jumped on board from day one...... Oh well, love the premium...

Yes I was, but now that I am on my third NIB,it is not a big deal . My BiB and Randy's BiB both have over 4K plays on them. Both have been operating very well, Randy's did burn a pop bumper coil the other day .

Who doesn't wish they bought a BiB or a LTBR for 6800 delivered.

#184 5 years ago

Wow that LE looks amazing. Really hits it out of the park. And kudos to Stern for holding back the release until they get the VUK thing sorted. But come on, couldn't someone put the game in diagnostic mode and show us the starfield?!

Show us the laser!!!!

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

You could put them in the corner with
Hulk LE
Avengers LE
Wolvie LE
Magnets Man LE
Rolling Stones LE

And see if the 2 winners (BIB and Tron LE) balance out all the losses.

My point being ... If anyone is buying STLE to make money ... They are buying it for the wrong reason.

If you gave me $8000 cash money I bet I could double it for you within 12 months. I'll give you the tip, there would be no pinball machines involved. STLE is not going to be worth $16,000 in a year.

rd.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

can I trust her?

Tell her to scrutinize it like a new pair of shoes and you'll be in the clear!

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yes I was, but now that I am on my third NIB,it is not a big deal . My BiB and Randy's BiB both have over 4K plays on them. Both have been operating very well, Randy's did burn a pop bumper coil the other day .

Who doesn't wish they bought a BiB or a LTBR for 6800 delivered.

4k plays is it? Seriously? What did you do, turn back the odometer?......That was a great deal for you and Randy, once you pop the NIB cherry it really doesn't seem like that big of a deal....

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Tell her to scrutinize it like a new pair of shoes and you'll be in the clear!

Just had the discussion with her.....and the magnitude of the responsibility she is undertaking doesn't seem to be sinking in just yet, its very concerning! Especially after my first Nib from R&L had the pallet jack special right through the bottom of that Lotr LE.......

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's your definition of "much cheaper"?

I don't have to convince myself of anything. I'm in regardless of what happens in the future. Pin looks bad ass. Way better than the initial pics we got from Stern. Those pics generated very little excitement. I criticized it myself and was disappointed. If we got the pics and videos we've seen today back when the STLE was first revealed, there would have been a lot more excitement.

Yes, people would still rightly complain about the price increase and the increase in the number of LEs being made, but at least we would have had a much better representation of what we were getting.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You could put them in the corner with
Hulk LE
Avengers LE
Wolvie LE
Magnets Man LE
Rolling Stones LE
And see if the 2 winners (BIB and TRON LE) balance out all the losses.
My point being ... If anyone is buying STLE to make money ... They are buying it for the wrong reason.
If you gave me $8000 cash money I bet I could double it for you within 12 months. I'll give you the tip, there would be no pinball machines involved. STLE is not going to be worth $16,000 in a year.
rd.

Nobody said otherwise.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just had the discussion with her.....and the magnitude of the responsibility she is undertaking doesn't seem to be sinking in just yet, its very concerning! Especially after my first Nib from R&L had the pallet jack special right through the bottom of that Lotr LE.......

Just tell her that if the situation isn't handled properly it could be another 2.5 years before you get a replacement.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's your definition of "much cheaper"?

"Much", who knows, I'm just thinking cheaper based on 799 and price, we'll see, but it doesn't matter, it looks great and you are already all in and get to play it sooner, albeit with code lacking, but I'm in the wait and see camp now.....I'm just a complainer of the volume and price, yet I reserve the right to love it later! I'm pretty "fickle" myself.....

I'm guessing 7k shipped in a few months after/before they announce the next greatest in January?

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Couldn't agree more RD... I buy because I like the theme not because I want to invest money. This is a hobby not a retirement fund. But the point of what I was saying was that with ACDC the only difference was cabinet art work and a mirrored back glass and the game rocked so the value did go up on them. STLE is my first NIB LE because I think there is enough difference between it and the premium to justify the purchase. Yes most is "Bling" but not all of it. So if it at least maintains its value because it turns out to be a great pin, great! If not, well I guess I need to listen to the wife and find a cheaper hobby!

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

ust tell her that if the situation isn't handled properly it could be another 2.5 years before you get a replacement.

No sh*t, she won't care about that, so I might have to bait the hook with something else, I'm pondering and have to make sure this works out!

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The point still is that no matter how much Hemi may be able to do to a Pro, it's not the same thing. Just like a Tron Pro with Eli's mod is not a TRON LE. Time will tell on both of these games, but I got a feeling that my opinion will win out over the long term on that one..

I don't see why. The ramps were the main differentiator between the two, and it's been resolved for $400. Cointaker LEDs cost less than $200. According to Boston Pinball, the average sale price of a Tron Pro this year has been $6599. There's no mention of LEs being sold, but just looking on Pinside and eBay I don't think I've seen one listed this year for less than $10,000. I don't think a handful of drop targets, a moving Recognizer, slightly different artwork and Daft Punk Multiball are worth the $3000 difference. At worst, it's The Premium That Never Was. At best, it's all people really want from a Tron LE, minus the artificial scarcity.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No sh*t, she won't care about that, so I might have to bait the hook with something else, I'm pondering and have to make sure this works out!

Damn Ice! Wish you were coming to Expo. Would have been a hell of a good time with you there!

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Damn Ice! Wish you were coming to Expo. Would have been a hell of a good time with you there!

You and me both brother!.......I have to live vicariously through you guys, pisses me off, stocked the fridge though and ready for some Woz/Ac/dc marathons this weekend and checking in on what the heck is going on up there!

#198 5 years ago

Damn that's bright! Looks pretty sweet!

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and me both brother!.......I have to live vicariously through you guys, pisses me off, stocked the fridge though and ready for some Woz/Ac/dc marathons this weekend and checking in on what the heck is going on up there!

Sounds like you'll have your own Expo going on. Can't complain about that lineup!

We'll do our best to do you proud. All I really care about is playing a game or two of Star Trek and then just shooting the shit with people. I don't ever end up playing much pinball at these things.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Much", who knows, I'm just thinking cheaper based on 799 and price, we'll see, but it doesn't matter, it looks great and you are already all in and get to play it sooner, albeit with code lacking, but I'm in the wait and see camp now.....I'm just a complainer of the volume and price, yet I reserve the right to love it later! I'm pretty "fickle" myself.....
I'm guessing 7k shipped in a few months after/before they announce the next greatest in January?

Nothing wrong with any of that my friend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside