th-1.jpeg
ST LE 8.jpg
ST LE 7.jpg
ST LE 6.jpg
ST LE 5.jpg
eyes.jpg
VUK.png
ST LE 4.jpg
There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I bet some more orders were placed for STLE today.

If they reduced the price by about $300 I'd be in but with all the exciting new projects coming out I think I will either go Premium or just wait and see which pin I want to add in the open spot. I think the cabinet and side armor look great but still not enough to justify the selling price for me. Hope all that get it love it sure seems like it will look even better in person!

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If they reduced the price by about $300 I'd be in but with all the exciting new projects coming out I think I will either go Premium or just wait and see which pin I want to add in the open spot.

Come on Dude, you know you're going to regret not getting the LE. Those chaser lights or the lit shield emblem on the backbox don't go on the Premium.

We need laser starfield projector information guys, whats the skinny?

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Come on Dude, you know you're going to regret not getting the LE.

Not a chance the dude will not abide by that price. Side armor is cool but not really important to me the red light strip is cool but not $1400 cool. It's Premium or another title for me I am in wait and see mode. I do think the LE looks slick though no doubt. If your getting one I hope you absolutely love it!!

Quoted from McCune:

I have been told that the ones who got out early want back in ...

Not all of them at least not this dude...

#104 10 years ago

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not this one who got out early.

Premium ... we'll see. Second run when we know just how finished this title will get and all the fixes are in.

#106 10 years ago

Nope but enjoying the Pro and ready for the next one : )

#107 10 years ago

If they reduced the price by about $300 I'd be in but with all the exciting new projects coming out I think I will either go Premium or just wait and see which pin I want to add in the open spot. I think the cabinet and side armor look great but still not enough to justify the selling price for me. Hope all that get it love it sure seems like it will look even better in person!

I understand, but I will say that at least after today I feel like I can at least see more of why this pin costs a bit more. I normally put the LED speaker kits in my Stern pins. Those are about $75.00 after shipping. No need for that on this pin since Stern has already done it for me. I also buy the Flipper Fidelity backglass LED kits to replace the florescent tubes that Stern normally uses. That mod is another $165.00 or more after shipping. No need to buy that kit on STLE since Stern isn't using the florescent tube behind the backglass. They even have flashers again.

Add to that the fact that there are some very unique features that we haven't seen from Stern before, like the lit up Star Trek emblems on each side of the side of the backbox, the backlit Enterprise on the laser cut side armor, and of course the LED photon/laser lights both inside the cab and the outer side armor...there really is some noticeable extra bling here compared to prior LE's. And I think it looks bad ass!

If that extra bling isn't important enough to you to justify the extra cost, the Premium model would make sense.

Quoted from McCune:

As someone who came damn close to backing out, I'm pretty damn glad that I stayed in at this point.

Pin is sweet looking. Will come down to gameplay/code (like it always does).

#108 10 years ago

Not a chance the dude will not abide by that price. Side armor is cool but not really important to me the red light strip is cool but not $1400 cool. It's Premium or another title for me I am in wait and see mode. I do think the LE looks slick though no doubt. If your getting one I hope you absolutely love it!!

LOL, the Dude will see that light show and think to himself "Pappy's LE looks better than my premium".
Just messin' with you. We all win.

Hopefully in the next two months I will get my WOZ too.

#109 10 years ago

OK so here is the deal now. I was on the fence about my LE order, now after seeing the video and pics I'm sooooo in. However I heard a rumour that they have scrapped the laser starfield projector because it wasn't working out (this is why there is no info on it and no one saw it on the tour). They have replaced that feature with the lighted apron. If that rumour is true I'm definitely OUT for sure and will buy an AC/DC Premium instead.

#110 10 years ago

Too bad there was not invisiglass in it for the pics.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

However I heard a rumour that they have scrapped the laser starfield projector because it wasn't working out

Didn't this come up during the tour? Surely, someone must have asked about the projector since it has been trumpeted as a key feature. If not, please confirm this with Stern and let us know. Thanks.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If that extra bling isn't important enough to you to justify the extra cost, the Premium model would make sense.

I can see why you are pumped about it for sure and there is absolutely no need to try and explain it. It's pinball if you see the value there and want it why not jump all over it and enjoy the hell out of it. I just don't see the value there. The rate at which Stern is raising prices on their pins it seems like every release and at some point I had to say enough is enough and this was that point for me. I'll shut up now and let you all enjoy what will be coming soon to your homes just couldn't resist throwing my opinion out there.

LOL, the Dude will see that light show and think to himself "Pappy's LE looks better than my premium".
Just messin' with you. We all win.
Hopefully in the next two months I will get my WOZ too.

Either that or think "man that Pappy is a sucker my Premium plays exactly the same". Just messin right back at you please don't take that literally.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Didn't this come up during the tour? Surely, someone must have asked about the projector since it has been trumpeted as a key feature. If not, please confirm this with Stern and let us know. Thanks.

I will call them during operating hours tomorrow.

#114 10 years ago

I gotta say I am pretty impressed with that LE! This game looks stunning and will be a total show stopper in the line-up. Anyone see any area where the lasers for the light show are mounted? Anyone ask Steve about that feature?

#115 10 years ago

I will call them during operating hours tomorrow.

Thanks!

#116 10 years ago

LE is the bomb. The lights were a big reason I wanted an LE(or premium) and the light show is delivered.

I never believed the laser thing was going to be anything other than lame, so if they cut it because it was, then so be it.

#117 10 years ago

I heard a rumour that they have scrapped the laser starfield projector because it wasn't working out

Would really like to know your source for this "rumor". I have a hard time believing this is true.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Anyone see any area where the lasers for the light show are mounted?

It was mentioned earlier that the lasers are mounted in the apron pointing towards the playfield.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Add to that the fact that there are some very unique features that we haven't seen from Stern before, like the lit up Star Trek emblems on each side of the side of the backbox, the backlit Enterprise on the laser cut side armor, and of course the LED photon/laser lights both inside the cab and the outer side armor...there really is some noticeable extra bling here compared to prior LE's. And I think it looks bad ass!

But you can't play the LCD ... er, I mean bling.

No worries .. I am just messing with you.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not at $8K I don't.

#121 10 years ago

I can see why you are pumped about it for sure and there is absolutely no need to try and explain it. It's pinball if you see the value there and want it why not jump all over it and enjoy the hell out of it. I just don't see the value there. I'm not saying the price could not even go up in the future on this pin just that at this price the pin will never be mine. I just hate to see the rate at which Stern is raising their pins it seems like every release and at some point I had to say enough is enough and this was that point for me. I'll shut up now and let you all enjoy what will be coming soon to your homes just couldn't resist throwing my opinion out there.

Just for clarification, I understood your point to begin with.

As far as there being no need to try and explain it, I agree, but this was more of a case where I WANTED to explain how I felt today after seeing the pics and the videos. That is to say, I can now SEE where some of the extra bling is (and therefore value) and it's pretty freaking sweet!

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Add to that the fact that there are some very unique features that we haven't seen from Stern before, like the lit up Star Trek emblem on the side of the backbox, the backlit Enterprise on the laser cut side armor, and of course the LED photon/laser lights both inside the cab and the outer side armor...there really is some noticeable extra bling here compared to prior LE's. And I think it looks bad ass!

Yup, I don't blame people who don't want to pay for the extra bling. I'm usually in that same boat. But this time it's different for me. The game simply looks stunning and is different than any other Stern, so THIS TIME, I'm in all the way baby.

"Yeah but you don't play the bling". LOL
I heard the same thing when I ordered the Tron LE.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

LE is the bomb. The lights were a big reason I wanted an LE(or premium) and the light show is delivered.
I never believed the laser thing was going to be anything other than lame, so if they cut it because it was, then so be it.

They didn't cut it. Ritchie confirmed it today.

#124 10 years ago

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#125 10 years ago

Either that or think "man that Pappy is a sucker my Premium plays exactly the same". Just messin right back at you please don't take that literally.

HA, good one. We all win.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Would really like to know your source for this "rumor". I have a hard time believing this is true.

I really prey to god it is not true! I heard it from a distributor, but they tend to embellish sometimes so I will confirm with Stern tomorrow. I really really hope it is not true.

#127 10 years ago

Yup, I don't blame people who don't want to pay for the extra bling. I'm usually in that same boat. But this time it's different for me. The game simply looks stunning and is different than any other Stern, so THIS TIME, I'm in all the way baby.
"Yeah but you don't play the bling". LOL
I heard the same thing when I ordered the TRON LE.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

They didn't cut it. Ritchie confirmed it today.

Oh good, THANK GOD!!! OK i'm still in

#129 10 years ago

However I heard a rumour that they have scrapped the laser starfield projector because it wasn't working out (this is why there is no info on it and no one saw it on the tour). They have replaced that feature with the lighted apron. If that rumour is true I'm definitely OUT for sure and will buy an AC/DC Premium instead.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Here's the real rumor:
The lit apron is going to be shield indicators for the player. You, the player, will be 'battling' your way through this pin. The lit apron will allow the player a quick indication of how strong their shield level is. This lit apron was designed after the matrix release notes as it was added as a bonus for the redesigned VuK.

Now take that ^ rumor to uranus and call it a day QG. Welcome back into the STEE club

BTW; the people that were on the tour mentioned the starfield projector and it was mentioned its mounted inside the apron but is not coded yet in attract mode. Like ACDC LE color changing LED's, i dont anticipate the starfield to be programmed into the game for a few months.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Not at $8K I don't.

Who is paying 8K ? better check your distributor .

If you can buy a LE now for the good price ,buy the LE . Here is my reason. I bought a Mople and just sold it to fund the STLE . I came out great selling Mople. If I had bought the DD version ( which is a great game ) I would have been lucky to get my money out of it !

300 or so up front will pay you back when it comes time to sell.

If you don't have the cash ,well then that is a whole other deal that I won't get into .

#131 10 years ago

OK so here is the deal now. I was on the fence about my LE order, now after seeing the video and pics I'm sooooo in. However I heard a rumour that they have scrapped the laser starfield projector because it wasn't working out (this is why there is no info on it and no one saw it on the tour). They have replaced that feature with the lighted apron. If that rumour is true I'm definitely OUT for sure and will buy an AC/DC Premium instead.

Starfield projector is still there.

Bottom post on this thread.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-expo-2013-thread

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

i dont anticipate the starfield to be programmed into the game for a few months.

Man that is a long time to wait for a feature of a pinball machine to be implemented! I hope they get it implemented in time for the Premium release.

Quoted from McCune:

The price difference between Premium/LE is much more substantial than that this time around Jim. Best prices I have heard from others and distributors are $7750 to $7900 delivered.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sorry, but you're wrong.
Here's the real rumor:
The lit apron is going to be shield indicators for the player. You, the player, will be 'battling' your way through this pin. The lit apron will allow the player a quick indication of how strong their shield level is. This lit apron was designed after the matrix release notes as it was added as a bonus for the redesigned VuK.
Now that ^ rumor came from a reliable source that is working on this pin. Take that to uranus and call it a day QG. Welcome back into the STEE club
BTW; the people that were on the tour mentioned the starfield projector and it was mentioned its mounted inside the apron but is not coded yet in attract mode. Like ACDC LE color changing LED's, i dont anticipate the starfield to be programmed into the game for a few months.

Phew, thanks. I was freaking out. I've never wanted something so bad.

#134 10 years ago

Man that is a long time to wait for a feature of a pinball machine to be implemented! I hope they get it implemented in time for the Premium release.

Yeah, I'd disagree with my friend SKB on this one (unless he has some inside info which is entirely possible). I would expect a major feature like that to be implemented early on, even if it is a basic implementation to begin with, and to refine it later.

Would kind of suck for it not to work at all initially.

#135 10 years ago

I agree and i could be wrong. But ACDC didnt release with the color changing LEDs working how they are now. New ideas and innovations take time, but i like what i see so far. How long did it take Lyman to get ACDC into god mode...? 6 months? with a few polish codes after that?

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, I'd disagree with my friend SKB on this one (unless he has some inside info which is entirely possible). I would expect a major feature like that to be implemented early on, even if it is a basic implementation to begin with, and to refine it later.
Would kind of suck for it not to work at all initially.

Ya, i foresee early attract mode implementation. But using it in gameplay will be similar to strobe mb i think. so they gotta coordinate and hammer down exactly how to program it right.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Uhm, not a chance. Stern's price increases have to be stopped, or at least put into perspective. No comparo between this machine and the mechanical's in Woz, or the upcoming drawings for what's going into TH.

JJP is charging eight grand? We can too. Kiss my grits, the both of you.

I played the Pro, this pin looks very different with the added stuff, so we will see how the entire package mind melds together I guess. But I am definitely still out on this title...

#138 10 years ago

So glad I can just drive to my bro's house and play his LE like the cheap ass I am. Due to the price tag though..he may just charge me to play. I really just have to play this one before I either purchase the Pro or LE. Vid and pics look impressive.....most impressive.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Who is paying 8K ? better check your distributor .
If you can buy a LE now for the good price ,buy the LE . Here is my reason. I bought a Mople and just sold it to fund the STLE . I came out great selling Mople. If I had bought the DD version ( which is a great game ) I would have been lucky to get my money out of it !
If you don't have the cash ,well then that is a whole other deal that I won't get into .

is there a 100 thumbs up button?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

So glad I can just drive to my bro's house and play his LE like the cheap ass I am. Due to the price tag though..he may just charge me to play. I really just have to play this one before I either purchase the Pro or LE. Vid and pics look impressive.....most impressive.

You could run the risk of them being all sold by the time you decide.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The warp ramp has tiny blue LED chaser lights all the way up it, and is FROSTED with sparkles... looks different. And awesome.

It looks like the beta ramp has that as well. Fuzzy pic though.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Uhm, not a chance. Stern's price increases have to be stopped, or at least put into perspective. No comparo between this machine and the mechanical's in Woz, or the upcoming drawings for what's going into TH.

WoZ who? Th where? STLE will rule ! No pansy pins for me . Forgot the

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

JJP is charging eight grand? We can too. Kiss my grits, the both of you.
I played the Pro, this pin looks very different with the added stuff, so we will see how the entire package mind melds together I guess. But I am definitely still out on this title...

jjp will be charging a ton in 5 yrs time... they are just breaking even now to show what they can do and build buyer confidence... new companies do this all the time.... remember KIA or Hyundai?

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

remember KIA or Hyundai?

Same company .

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Who is paying 8K ? better check your distributor

$7895.00 shipped was the lowest price I was quoted from multiple distributors. If you know of a distributor that has dropped it below that, feel free to PM me. I might consider it at $7500 or so. More likely though, I see no need to rush in and pay the ever increasing prices, while at the same time being unsure of QC and code issues that have been around in the past. I've decided to be patient this time. I have no problem with others choosing differently. To each his own.

#146 10 years ago

You could run the risk of them being all sold by the time you decide.

The only time it'll be hard to get your hands on an LE after its released is IF the game rocks. And history has proven that it takes at least 6 months post-release before that happens. Im pretty sure there's a lot of MOPLE owners on the verge of selling but wont until they get another big update. Its the way of the pin world. If the game sucks by the masses, there will be plenty to be had. If its good, there's still an easy chance you can get an LE (with 799 being made). If its pure gold kick your ass no one would ever sell there's in a million years; then ya, you may have a tough time finding an LE. The latter has only happened on two stern LE's; and one of those has a premium. STLE...has a premium.

I dont think people need to be too worried about not being able to get an STLE after release. But as always, i could be wrong

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Same company .

my point was they come in breaking even maybe even taking a bit of a loss for a while now are arguably major auto players

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

$7895.00 shipped was the lowest price I was quoted from multiple distributors. If you know of a distributor that has dropped it below that, feel free to PM me. I might consider it at $7500 or so. More likely though, I see no need to rush in and pay the ever increasing prices, while at the same time being unsure of QC and code issues that have been around in the past. I've decided to be patient this time. I have no problem with others choosing differently. To each his own.

if you pay cash some have been known to knock that 2.5% credit card fee off.

#149 10 years ago

No surprise that I agree with a well written post by Eskaybee. ^^^

Quoted from sammiesguys:

I might consider it at $7500 or so.

That was my magic number as well. Doesn't look like that is gonna happen at this point unfortunately.

#150 10 years ago

That was my magic number as well. Doesn't look like that is gonna happen at this point unfortunately.

You can probably get it for that. Unfortunately, you just can't play it because they can't ship it to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-the-stern-factory-on-display/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.