You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think a lot of people have changed their tune after seeing the great gameplay on the pro. LE is in production now and the reveal should be soon. Once revealed I think people will want to have one in their collection. If they sell out some may have a D'OH moment.

Are the LEs even on the line yet???

2 weeks later
#75 10 years ago

Will be interesting to hear if they start the LE production for the expo tour. That would be cool.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

My point was that there was 8 millions dollars just waiting to be spent on pinball machines and it was done in just a couple hours...and people BEGGING to spend more (asking for more MM LEs to be issued)
(serious question): What happened to the giant thinging Stern were doing Saturday night? I saw the rented a room at the hotel for it or something? I didn't hear anything about it. Actually I didn't hear about much of anything after the MM was announced.
I bought 3 out of the last 5 (counting ST) pin Stern had released NIB. Being I have a Wolverines and a MetLE that are begging for just general code to make stuff work...I can say I'm never playing that game with Stern again. And yup..my fault for buying game before it even remotely close to being done. I had a STLE reserved and dumped it immediately after seeing the pics and the mystery on what the code would look like. Couldn't be happy with the choice cuz that got turned into new MM. I saw nothing that justifies a $7500~8k price tag on the STLE
Times...they are a changing. And it benefits no one else but us pinheads

It's hard to compete with the #1 rated pinball of all time. SR could have put 5 million toys in it and people would still order MM. Let's say they announced a remake of NBA FastBreak for $8k. Let me know if that one sells out in 24 hours. Ya fell me playa.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Have you played ST? NBA is exactly what comes to mind. Actually NBA seems to have a little more going on feature wise. Hard to tell what Stern's thinking when it comes to game design/toys/BOM. ST seems like it could play fast and fun like IM if the rules are good enough. Toys are secondary to rules and theme integration to me. ST feels good. But there ain't much there, especially compared to MET.

Yes I have played ST. It is fun. It's a fast players game. It doesn't have a crappy design with some toys in it like Avengers.
NBA is a clunk fest, I don't see the comparison. ST was very smooth. Only thing it needs are good code updates (a problem with many games lately as stated numerous times).

AFM doesn't have much either but it doesn't mean I don't like playing it.

Funny you bring up IM since most people won't buy it because it was stripped down.

#112 10 years ago

Just cause you can't handle Avengers doesn't mean it sucks. The ST I played had a screwy Warp ramp. One shot and the ball flew off it so that you didn't even get a clean second shot. I hope this isn't a hopeless QC issue that can't be fixed and dooms the game.
Of course ST needs code updates...because otherwise there isnt anything to do.

Just because you can't handle ST doesn't mean it sucks. Do you see what I just did there?

Avengers is doomed. Still hope for ST.

#118 10 years ago

Yeah, but I never said ST sucked did I? So wtf are you talking about? I saw what you did there...you farted out of your mouth.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You'll likely see Pinsider home video of STLE Friday night/Saturday.
Stay tuned for more details...

Cool.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya, you may want to recheck your source QG; I don't think anyone's getting an LE this week.

Yeah, at this point I think it will be a miracle if QG gets it but hoping he does.

#146 10 years ago

My understanding is Lonnie is part of team not sole. Thought this was Tanio Klyce's baby.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Tanio's baby but Lonnie his mentor

Thank you!

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

We played version 1.25 at expo and I didn't notice any service menu pop ups. I also didn't play previous builds and though this version was fun. I spoke with Tanio and there are many things planned for this game, have some faith.

1 week later
#166 10 years ago

After seeing the tutorial and seeing the differences between 1.2 and 1.3, it looks like the game is taking good shape. I like the scoring with combos, different ways to attack the game, the 3rd scenes seem hard, esp destroy the drill, Klingon Multiball was cool with the strobing ship on DMD and shield on playfield matched pretty well.

I wish I had Bowen's skills though.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Wow" is how it looks, plays, feels, etc....I intentionally never played it before I got mine a few weeks ago and every time I turn it on and play its just "Wow"....1.22 update is great and can't wait to see what other surprises we have in store for us coming up, everybody that sees it has the same reaction, "Wow", the Lcd is "Wow"....jl
And its sitting right next to my Ac/dc premium, I love both but people that come over want to play Woz except for my nephews who like to rock out on Ac/dc... Hope you get yours soon!
The other reason I have no interest in ST now is the "code", as in full blown code if it ever happens, 6 modes with 3 different levels with repetitive shots didn't seem very exciting to me as presented in the tutorial, even though Bowen did a great job, although I think the light show will be great and the utilization of the fire button is kind of cool.....

I think some of what ST suffers from so does WOZ.
There are some issues with both games when it comes to the rules, lighting and knowing what you are shooting for, esp for the novice. EC Multiball needs some work as far as playfield lighting to direct the player where to shoot for instance. The same can be said with ST although ST too me seems better at this early stage.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Guys as it stand Star Trek has some of the best code I have seen in a game since LOTR and that includes WOZ; now just wait and see if they keep it going in the right direction

I wouldn't say LOTR. It is better, IMHO, then XMen, TF, TAV so far. I think the code is great on ST from what I saw but LOTR is exceptional.
I really like the direction ST is going and I hope it continues to get better.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hoping the rules and changes in the LE work out for buyers who stayed in...all 20 of them!
I keed, I keed.

Proud to be getting a LE.
One of the few, the proud, the twenty!

#191 10 years ago

Nobody is questioning the quality of a WOZ build...although I have to say my playfield has a lot of divots in it. Considering I have bought 6 NIB Stern machines and none of them have divots I kind of question why WOZ has them.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Adjust your targets and lower your flipper strength until you don't get airballs.
Airballs = divots in wood. Any title any time.

I don't get air balls from the flippers. Only target is the Glinda target but that seems common from what I have seen reported.
Actually I had to adjust my slingshots. They were way too powerful.
First time I have experienced it.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Then bend the target down and put something behind it so it doesn't stand up again. TZ's scoop target also caused airballs and was considered "common" but most users found a way to make it point downwards to protect their PF.
In fact later a re-enforced target was marketed for the game. So I would do something - not just wait and watch it happen...

Okay

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hey I learned the hard way... no need for you to suffer

#237 10 years ago

Come on guys. This is a ST thread. Does WOZ have to mentioned in every thread.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The 2 directly above the flippers are push ins. Seems like a poor choice. Certainly hot glue will fix the problem... But there shouldn't BE a problem!

I thought Stern stopped using 555 in the GI with Metallica due to problems with bulbs flying out.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

All the GI are 555 except the slings, which are 44.

Thanks.

1 week later
#300 10 years ago

Glad but still a little worried. Still would rather have a bug free game late then an early craptacular game.

#344 10 years ago

Well at least the last ten posts have been about FYG and not WOZ. Yeah, I said it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Can we at least stay on topic?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#346 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How are posts about WOZ on topic in a Star Trek thread?

You fail to see the sarcasism in my post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-second-thoughts?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.