You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

guys hate to tell you this but walking dead is not next and not in the mix

Walking Dead or Muppets - bit of a contrast

Unless KISS of course.

1 week later
#154 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Lonnie is the senior person there, it would be "a Lonnie game". Tanio is a new hire.
Likely Tanio is working with Lonnie, just as Waison does. If you watch the Avengers making of video, there were several people involved. Could also explain why Avengers got completed so quick when Lyman is left working on his own and it takes a while.

And that is a worry for me ......

1 week later
#160 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Let's be honest, if JJP didn't make their first theme WOZ, they would have sold another 2000 games and we would not be talking about Stern so much...............Stern would be in serious trouble and would have been forced to incorporate LCD technology. I played the ST pro and I am out. Lot's about the pin to like, but at the end of the day, I did not and still have not seen anything special to make this pin a must have. For me, 2014 will be about Metallica, MMR & Hobbit. I am betting that the Hobbit will go down as the greatest pin ever created.

I was just thinking same. I am not on board for the Hobbit but I think it may end up being one of the greatest games ever made. Why? Mainly because all the mistakes made on WOZ will not happen and they should be able to invest heavily in this pin to make it great. And with a 3 movie franchise of an all time classic, what could go wrong???!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#188 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this serious?
Oh Pinside.

Bit of both. Heard of 'tongue in cheek'???!

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am questioning woz build quality. After maybe 600 plays, my shooter lane clear coat is starting to flake off already. The center post came missing a nut to tighten it. The right flipper switch wasn't adjusted correctly and wouldn't trigger the castle upper playfield flipper at all. The light boards are dying once a week. I have two rma boxes from JJP and another will die before these are back in their hands. Of the 30 games in my house, the woz has broken 8 times so far. The game computer bios has also gotten itself into a state where it wouldn't boot anymore and I had to download the motherboard manual from msi website and figure out where the PC case header was at. Then I had to jumper the power button wires to get the game to turn on.
They've redesigned power boards but seem reluctant to send us guys stuck with boards dying weekly new upgrades proactively. They saved 50c by not installing a PC switch button like pinball 2000 even had. Yea. The build quality isn't amazing. I'm tired of hearing how it is. Adding a few pounds to the cabinet doesn't make for a more reliable machine.
If your complaints with stern are build quality, QC, and unfinished code, then why are you considering JJP a solution? My woz had worse QC than my last few sterns. None of them came missing bolts and flippers dead. My woz is down broken more than all my sterns combined. The code on my woz is more unfinished than sterns latest, Star Trek.
Btw, its not just me. Two local ops are having massive problems trying to keep their games running. One tech is green and he calls me every week for help on the woz repairs.
Don't misunderstand my post here. I'm not saying woz sucks. The rules are getting better. With the recent code update, for the first time the game is actually fun now. My game is working as of today. Although it did break down Friday. Anyways, pinball comes with a cost of ownership. If you think JJP is solving all the recent stern complaints, sorry but you're wrong. Its far from the truth.
I'm keeping my woz, I'm full paid on hobbit. I own several sterns including Star Trek, Metallica, and xmen. This is my unbiased opinion and experience.

Interesting and must admit I was only thinking today, what are these PC based games ( WOZ, HOBBIT ) going to be like in 5 years time, reliability wise? Funny really EM's made 50 years ago may outlive these newer games.

3 weeks later
#381 10 years ago

No.

Price point is now too high. That's it. Same with WOZ 75.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-second-thoughts?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.