You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 10 years ago

I haven't seen anything yet that would make me regret cancelling....and even if the laser stuff is cool and the code is awesome - there will be LEs available...and if I miss out, Premium is available. No regrets.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

OK. OK. Valid points.
But back to the question:
10% of voters have already paid a new deposit on the ST LE, after cancelling their order 2 weeks ago.
Another 19% are thinking of doing the same.
1. What is everyone'e best guess as to: how many ST LEs will remain unsold by Christmas 2013?
2. Would they be all sold by Christmas if, despite all evidence to the contrary, the LE came out with a LCD?

1. Plenty will be left. TFLE had 750 units and only cost less than $6k. You can still get them.

2. It's a DMD. Nothing will change that...don't bother speculating. The animation that's been created is dots. They don't have the time or resources to create two entirely different sets of display animation.

1 month later
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#337 10 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

I would have thought that some of the second thoughts would settle with the "all hands on deck" coding surge. After the initial lukewarm reaction to the red playfield, lackluster toys and familiar layout and the disbelief (almost fury) at the price hike, then the revelation that the VUK was gone and the projector was delayed, they have really needed a win. The code shown during the Expo tourney and Bowen's tutorial has changed the conversation from being dissatisfied with what is there to looking at the game's potential, which appears to be where Metallica is for most people. It's still not a favorite, and I don't see how the projector could be a game changer, but at least this recent effort shows that they are somewhat responsive.

I was really tempted to break my self-imposed ban on new games & order one last week...but ya know I still haven't seen what the moving ship does or the what the starfield projector looks like...I'm still waiting for Met code...honestly I got more excited for ToM's ColorDMD announcement. I'm gonna hang back and see what the LE reviews & user videos look like.

2 weeks later
#388 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It doesn't look like the LE adds much to the gameplay for me to justify the price. I don't care too much about over the top lighting, but if they threw in some bells or a whistle I may reconsider. I am looking forward to getting a pro.

Yeah, there aren't massive functional differences like AC/DC, Avengers, & Metallica. It's mostly bling & lights. I was really hoping the ship would have lots of animation...I was hoping it would do something cool like weave left & right during battle....or have a physical lock underneath.

In any case- it's a good thing that people who don't wanna spend as much can get a really solid game with Star Trek Pro & not feel like they're missing out on anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-second-thoughts?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.