You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 10 years ago

I was a preorder and cancelled. In fact, there were three of us on one order and two of us cancelled, the other one is sticking with it.

1 month later
#174 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, Woz is phenomenal, lights, lcd, rules now at 1.22, build quality, etc. etc....
Keith and crew on the rules, aside from Lyman is as good as it gets, definitely as deep as it gets, so much potential with the rule integration and the lcd.......
Thus, based on the premise that Woz is phenomenal in the minds of many, theme being the negative for some, and on so many levels, especially as a first effort for JJP, one could conclude that the "potential" is there to make the Hobbit one of the most exciting pins ever for sure... But there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.......
I just watched the entire Bowens tutorial on ST and while I'm glad I backed out of my STLE pre order, it looks like fun.......... but I don't see anything that makes me say "I gotta have it", especially for 8k, and probably not even the premium now.......The announcement for the next Stern is two months away? 6 pins in 18 months, I'll be patient....
After getting spoiled with the greatness of Ac/dc primarily (and Lotr, Wpt) the bar is set pretty high! I look forward to see whats coming next......exciting times

Yup. I cancelled mine and will not buy another Stern game again unless they finish updating their old codes. My plan is to buy new JJP games as they come out and sell my Sterns other than AC/DC and Spiderman., That being said, I helped PanzerFreak move his new WOZLE into his basement the other day, This was the first chance I had to see/play a brand new WOZ that was not an older prototype. All I can say is "WOW". It plays totally different from the prototypes that have been at the shows and displays. The build and play quality is unbelieveable. The playfield is buried in clearcoat and smooth as a mirror. Seeing and playing this new game eliminated any hidden feelings I might have harbored deep inside over wanting a STLE. There is simply no comparison between the two games for with the costs being so close. And those in the know say that Hobbit will be even better! Bye bye Stern.....

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am questioning woz build quality. After maybe 600 plays, my shooter lane clear coat is starting to flake off already. The center post came missing a nut to tighten it. The right flipper switch wasn't adjusted correctly and wouldn't trigger the castle upper playfield flipper at all. The light boards are dying once a week. I have two rma boxes from JJP and another will die before these are back in their hands. Of the 30 games in my house, the woz has broken 8 times so far. The game computer bios has also gotten itself into a state where it wouldn't boot anymore and I had to download the motherboard manual from msi website and figure out where the PC case header was at. Then I had to jumper the power button wires to get the game to turn on.
They've redesigned power boards but seem reluctant to send us guys stuck with boards dying weekly new upgrades proactively. They saved 50c by not installing a PC switch button like pinball 2000 even had. Yea. The build quality isn't amazing. I'm tired of hearing how it is. Adding a few pounds to the cabinet doesn't make for a more reliable machine.
If your complaints with stern are build quality, QC, and unfinished code, then why are you considering JJP a solution? My woz had worse QC than my last few sterns. None of them came missing bolts and flippers dead. My woz is down broken more than all my sterns combined. The code on my woz is more unfinished than sterns latest, Star Trek.
Btw, its not just me. Two local ops are having massive problems trying to keep their games running. One tech is green and he calls me every week for help on the woz repairs.
Don't misunderstand my post here. I'm not saying woz sucks. The rules are getting better. With the recent code update, for the first time the game is actually fun now. My game is working as of today. Although it did break down Friday. Anyways, pinball comes with a cost of ownership. If you think JJP is solving all the recent stern complaints, sorry but you're wrong. Its far from the truth.
I'm keeping my woz, I'm full paid on hobbit. I own several sterns including Star Trek, Metallica, and xmen. This is my unbiased opinion and experience.

Is this not just about the point where Stern would just send you a complete new game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-second-thoughts?tu=playernumber4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.