You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago

5 people dropped their LE orders in MN that I know of and no one is back in at this point. The main op here for pinball is still out on an LE. He got a Metallica LE last time and he had an order for an LE, but dropped out and got a Pro so he could at least have the newest game. ST Pro is an okay game at this point...nothing really new or spectacular. With the numbers increase for the LE, not to mention the price increase, there is no need to get on board now...they will be available. Plus, the main reason is that Stern hasn't given anyone any reason to buy. All the LE gameplay features are just text on a page at this point. For example, if this starfield LE feature is so amazing...SHOW IT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! Give people a reason to drop $8,000 cause right now there really isn't any.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Les,
Your not liking the game; I think it is a much better shooter then ACDC and has much cooler shots; and so far almost everyone that has played it has loved it. Just curious what your thoughts are. I mean I like ACDC but don't think it as anything special at all, but now trek looks like some kick ass shots

Derek, I do like the game, I just don't love it. For the record, I think it has cooler shots than AC/DC too...for whatever that's worth. Here are my initial thoughts I posted in another thread after playing it a few times...

"It was fun, nothing special. Pretty bland at this point. All modes have basically the same shots and point values. It does have very good flow. Very Rolling Stone-ish with backhanding ramp shots and having the ball return to the flippers. The warp ramp is neat, but the ball doesn't always come off cleanly, so many repeated warp ramp shots are more difficult then they are supposed to be. I like the shot under the flipper ala spiderman. Hopefully that will be utilized better in the future. Of course the color changing LEDs are cool, but they are basically pointless right now...they just change the lights of the shots to the color of the mode. I like the idea of using the photon torpedoes to attack the Vengeance. I like having multiple places to lock the ball too. The Vengeance toy looked good in person and was much bigger than I expected. I only played 4 games and I already completed all the initial modes, so I feel like I have basically seen what this pin has to offer at this point. Top score was 75 million or so. Overall, there is a lot of potential here, but right now, I don't have any real pressing need to make a special trip anywhere to play it. I'll have to see what Stern does with it. Hopefully another code update is coming soon. At this point, I would give it about a 7/10."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside