You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

I thought the SAM system didn't have enough processing power to run an LCD (presumably for anything other than clearer looking dots)?

1 week later
#60 5 years ago

I suspect those that know for sure will be at Stern's session Friday night at Expo. I don't expect to hear/read anything but speculation until then.

I can wait a few days.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Will be interesting to hear if they start the LE production for the expo tour. That would be cool.

Steve said LE production has not started yet.

2 weeks later
#197 5 years ago

Markmon - how recently was your WOZ built?

1 week later
#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

So, here's the next question:
Will the 799 ST LEs sell out?
If so, when?

Sure. If Stern sells them all to dealers, it is considered a sell out.

The real questions are:
1) how quickly will the dealers sell them?
2). How close to MSRP is the average sale?

I don't think dealers will sell them as fast as the hype earlier this year indicated and I think the $8k ish price tag will cause some second thoughts (or changes to Pro/Premium) if the LE doesn't blow people away. I suspect dealers will end up discounting them to break even at that point.

I bought the hype early and will have ended up paying close to top dollar, certainly more than was necessary, with cost, tax (supporting my local Stern dealer) and delivery to make sure I got one. But STLE doesn't seem to be the "sure thing" many predicted, at least not yet.

Pretty sure LEs will be readily available in 6 to 9 months. Especially if TWD is the next Stern offering.

#312 5 years ago

So, in your opinion, do you think dealers/distributers have bought ST LEs, thinking they will be able to sell them, but they have misjudged the situation?

Yes. Absolutely. If the LE was going to be a sure fire hit you shouldn't be able to find them now or prices would be higher than MSRP.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Who paid $8k? I got mine for well below $8k closer to the $7k than 8. I didn't purchase the game because it's sold out. Flippers and dealers are the only ones that care if it's sold out or not. It's not like I have to worry about more LE's come on the market.

Mine was below 8, but not well below, and was slightly more than best price available at the time. Didn't bother then because I wanted to buy from a local dealer, not necessarily get the best price. That decision may cost me about $1400, so I hope I don't regret it, at least for too long.

#317 5 years ago

So all the distributers around the world have misjudged their markets?

No clue about international markets.

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Well at least the last ten posts have been about FYG and not WOZ. Yeah, I said it.

Can we at least stay on topic?

How are posts about WOZ on topic in a Star Trek thread?

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You fail to see the sarcasism in my post.

I did. My bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside