You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

For those still committed I'd be excited too! Just had to drop on LE, the "value difference" isn't there with premium so I'll wait a few years like I did with Ac/dc if it is still killing it!

That said, I reserve the right to be fickle....

How many Ltbr Nib's do you have left Tony?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

162 of them... why?

Because I might want to buy one........after I get my premium set up.....

1 week later
#63 5 years ago

Walking Dead is next so onward and upward.....

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

guys hate to tell you this but walking dead is not next and not in the mix

Now that would be a bad move on their part.....what is in the mix based on what you know? Realizing that they really need to focus on finishing code for several games and getting ST out the door.....

2 weeks later
#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was just thinking same. I am not on board for the Hobbit but I think it may end up being one of the greatest games ever made. Why? Mainly because all the mistakes made on WOZ will not happen and they should be able to invest heavily in this pin to make it great. And with a 3 movie franchise of an all time classic, what could go wrong???!

I agree, Woz is phenomenal, lights, lcd, rules now at 1.22, build quality, etc. etc....

Keith and crew on the rules, aside from Lyman is as good as it gets, definitely as deep as it gets, so much potential with the rule integration and the lcd.......

Thus, based on the premise that Woz is phenomenal in the minds of many, theme being the negative for some, and on so many levels, especially as a first effort for JJP, one could conclude that the "potential" is there to make the Hobbit one of the most exciting pins ever for sure... But there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.......

I just watched the entire Bowens tutorial on ST and while I'm glad I backed out of my STLE pre order, it looks like fun.......... but I don't see anything that makes me say "I gotta have it", especially for 8k, and probably not even the premium now.......The announcement for the next Stern is two months away? 6 pins in 18 months, I'll be patient....

After getting spoiled with the greatness of Ac/dc primarily (and Lotr, Wpt) the bar is set pretty high! I look forward to see whats coming next......exciting times

#176 5 years ago

"Wow" is how it looks, plays, feels, etc....I intentionally never played it before I got mine a few weeks ago and every time I turn it on and play its just "Wow"....1.22 update is great and can't wait to see what other surprises we have in store for us coming up, everybody that sees it has the same reaction, "Wow", the Lcd is "Wow"....jl

And its sitting right next to my Ac/dc premium, I love both but people that come over want to play Woz except for my nephews who like to rock out on Ac/dc... Hope you get yours soon!

The other reason I have no interest in ST now is the "code", as in full blown code if it ever happens, 6 modes with 3 different levels with repetitive shots didn't seem very exciting to me as presented in the tutorial, even though Bowen did a great job, although I think the light show will be great and the utilization of the fire button is kind of cool.....

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think some of what ST suffers from so does WOZ.
There are some issues with both games when it comes to the rules, lighting and knowing what you are shooting for, esp for the novice. EC Multiball needs some work as far as playfield lighting to direct the player where to shoot for instance. The same can be said with ST although ST too me seems better at this early stage.

No doubt about it Tom, all issues that can be fixed on both.....

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I am so glad I don't own a WOZ ! I played WOZ for four hours and it was fun. I also played Popeye for four hours and it was fun too. I don't own Popeye either.

Point is, any game is fun for 4 hours. You guys claiming victory crack me up .

I know, it really sucks once you get past that 4 1/2 hour mark! Great logic.......

"Victory" is ours..............Woz is great.........

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm keeping my woz, I'm full paid on hobbit. I own several sterns including Star Trek, Metallica, and xmen. This is my unbiased opinion and experience.

Contrary to your experience with Woz I've had zero issues so far, knock on wood, compared to the Ac/dc sitting right next to it, which has also been excellent save for the lightening bolt flashers not working.....thrilled with both

#202 5 years ago

I believe the thread is titled "Star Trek LE: Second thoughts?"......with a poll attached.....

Sorry, but there are various issues with other pins that go into making that decision or not, including what may be coming up next......Like it not, JJP and PPS are relevant to this discussion and so is what Stern has done on other pins.....its true, anything can break and does...

And it seems as usual, some people have a well placed smart ass comment re Woz, which I also find funny

But hey, censor away.......

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yea we haven't seen this same tired argument 100 times. No one censored away just think it's getting lame to see this pop up in every thread. Not trying to single you out ice just getting tired of that constant debate. I'll shut up about it here and let you guys discuss if you want.

I agree, its tired and lame and ridiculous but it will probably never end, PPS is next up. congrats on your ST Pro, that Pinball Refinery edition looks great! No further discussion needed on that.......

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Markmon's post has 7 thumbs up so far. I don't think it was tired and lame and ridiculous, and apparently a lot of other people didn't either.

I wasn't referring to "Markmon's post".........congrats on that, I'll make it 8, whatever.......oh yeah, the "usual crowd"....now you are loving him for that post, you guys really do have a love/hate relationship going, don't you

Btw, Woz is great, or did I say that already

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

We just had a Star Trek pro at two shows in a row with over 2k in plays and did not even have to take the glass off. Stern's are built to be operated and played. Never had an led board go bad either on a STERN. JUST SAYING

That's great, my Ac/dc premium is holding up great as well under some heavy play, just put some orange super bands on tonight and really like em........

1 month later
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Game play is only part of any pinball experience! Go play this WOZ and tell me how much of a blast it is.

I've played it, it's a blast, you are an _________

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside