You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aussiepinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Curious. Anyone who cancelled their orders for the ST LE machine two weeks ago having second thoughts? Or already reversed their decision to cancel?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I guess time will tell if I made the right decision. I think from a "fun factor" it will be a win. Now to take into consideration the cost of buying now or waiting to buy later we will have to see how things play out.

I think you're right.

So far, based on the poll, 76% of people who cancelled their ST LE order have not yet changed their mind. 24% already have changed their minds or are thinking about placing an order.

I'd love to get a bigger sample before declaring any trend.

Keep those votes and comments coming in ...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The poll is flawed because it does not include a "I never pre-ordered an STLE" so the closest answer is to say no.

The poll is only for those who pre-ordered, and then cancelled two weeks ago!

#42 10 years ago

10% of voters have already paid a new deposit on the ST LE, after cancelling their order 2 weeks ago.

Another 19% are thinking of doing the same.

1. What is everyone'e best guess as to: how many ST LEs will remain unsold by Christmas 2013?

2. Would they be all sold by Christmas if, despite all evidence to the contrary, the LE came out with a LCD?

#48 10 years ago

OK. OK. Valid points.

But back to the question:

10% of voters have already paid a new deposit on the ST LE, after cancelling their order 2 weeks ago.

Another 19% are thinking of doing the same.

1. What is everyone'e best guess as to: how many ST LEs will remain unsold by Christmas 2013?

2. Would they be all sold by Christmas if, despite all evidence to the contrary, the LE came out with a LCD?

1 week later
#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I ordered a STLE after everyone announced they were canceling. I think the LE will be a sellout.

You, like many others, probably aren't overly concerned that there wasn't an LCD version announced.
It's amazing how many ordered one in advance, despite Stern discouraging the practice, because they thought it would have an LCD.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
#58 10 years ago

What's behind the rumors that there are new problems with the LE?
Anyone know for certain?

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Unless KISS of course.

Now that would be a seller!

But let's see a QUEEN pin first!

OK, now ... let's get back to the ST LE problems ...

images-5-684.jpegimages-5-684.jpeg
#72 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

he Bally pin looks great, but the game play puts me off.
Terry.

Agreed! I remember being drawn in as a kid by the artwork but then was disappointed by he game and went back to Steve Ritchie's THE FLASH!

Which brings us back to the topic of this post: ST LE

Will the next 72 hours or so bring about frenzied activity as those who cancelled their orders change their minds and hit the phones?

Unknown-5.jpegUnknown-5.jpeg
#80 10 years ago

'Classic' ST LCD?

images-3.jpegimages-3.jpeg
#82 10 years ago

2 DAYS AGO | # QUOTE | !! | IGNORE
Saw it and loved it Changed my order about 40 min ago. Woo hoo

Anyone else change their minds?

1 week later
#158 10 years ago

Anyone else place an order for an LE in the last week or so, that cancelled their order a month or more ago?

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I'm catching up on this post, and wondering how a STLE thread turns into a thread all about WOZ? Seems to be happening a lot lately.

Agreed!
What is it about those guys from the dark side?

1 week later
#297 10 years ago

Anyone having second thoughts with their STLE order now? After the number of recent delays?

Personally, I would rather they get the game right than rush out an imperfect machine.

Agreed?

images-3-448.jpegimages-3-448.jpeg
#308 10 years ago

192 Pinsiders Polled:
69% are happy with their decision to cancel their LE order (either that, or they didn't understand the poll question).
20% are having second thoughts, and presumably will order re-order one when delivery commences and new owners rave about their new toys.
11% changed their minds after cancelling and are expecting their LE to be delivered before Christmas.

So, here's the next question:

Will the 799 ST LEs sell out?

If so, when?

Show your colours BEFORE the first new owners receive them in a few weeks time …

Unknown-3-528.jpegUnknown-3-528.jpeg
#311 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure LEs will be readily available in 6 to 9 months. Especially if TWD is the next Stern offering

So, in your opinion, do you think dealers/distributers have bought ST LEs, thinking they will be able to sell them, but they have misjudged the situation?

images-3-419.jpegimages-3-419.jpeg
#314 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. Absolutely. If the LE was going to be a sure fire hit you shouldn't be able to find them now or prices would be higher than MSRP.

So all the distributers around the world have misjudged their markets?

#325 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

There is no "I never cancelled my order" option. So I voted "Yes" thinking it meant I didn't want to cancel my order. I know a few other people did too, so the poll is a bit off. Plus the poll is fairly old now, I wonder if you pose that poll again what the responses will be now that we have actually seen it?

I'm relatively new to Pinside. Is it possible to change or add a poll to an existing thread?

The original poll question was framed in the context of a plethora of PInsiders cancelling their orders when the first images of ST were released, and then a few weeks later there were overwhelming positive reviews about the Pro version … and some Pinsiders who cancelled their LE orders, placed a fresh order … that's why it's a bit dated today.

#351 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

There is no "I never cancelled my order" option. So I voted "Yes" thinking it meant I didn't want to cancel my order. I know a few other people did too, so the poll is a bit off. Plus the poll is fairly old now, I wonder if you pose that poll again what the responses will be now that we have actually seen it?

+1

Is it possible to change or add a poll to an existing thread?

The original poll question was framed in the context of a plethora of PInsiders cancelling their orders when the first images of ST were released, and then a few weeks later there were overwhelming positive reviews about the Pro version … and some Pinsiders who cancelled their LE orders, placed a fresh order … that's why it's a bit dated today.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Even with the new photos of the potatoes and video of the less than spectacular "Star Field projector" aka red matter scatter...I am still all in and getting excited to have the LE. JJ here in Denver said the LE's might ship today or tomorrow. We'll see! Can't wait.

Lots of positive reports coming in for ST LE from those who have actually touched and played it!

Any more people having second thoughts about cancelling their order a couple of months ago?

Unknown-240.jpegUnknown-240.jpeg
#371 10 years ago

LATEST ON THE POLL

31% of Pinsiders polled are having second thoughts about their cancellation and have bought or are considering placing a fresh order to buy a ST LE.

That's the highest percentage since this thread started.

Looks like the ST LE will be a fast seller after all!

images-11-7.jpegimages-11-7.jpeg
#373 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I got mine today and it is incredible, I've owned a lot of pins and yes when I got MM or AFM, TOTAN I had a feeling like wow what a great pinball machine but Star Trek LE is in a whole new category, feels like a pin should for 2013. AWESOME

Quoted from xfassa:

Just got mine home. Wow! I mean........WOW! This thing is sensory overload. If you were on the fence with what version to get, I highly recommend the LE. Absolutely stunning. Oh yeah......fast and furious game play too.
Also, the laser star field is very interesting. Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. It's just mesmerizing. You really need to experience first hand.
I have to admit it, Stern did a stellar job on this title.

I think we'll get a few more 'second thoughts' over the next week or so!

#382 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

2 of us locally saw the LE last weekend and ordered one ASAP.

Any other similar stories out there about the ST LE's "must own one" magnetism?

#391 10 years ago

The latest poll results show an increase in Pinsiders in the last week changing their minds about cancelling their LE orders two months go and deciding not to buy a ST but have now ordering one.

Any thoughts on when all LEs will be sold?

Any further comments before we close this thread?

Any silenced early critics of STLE willing to have another go at bashing what may be end up being declared a great pinnie?

images-1-165.jpegimages-1-165.jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aussiepinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-second-thoughts?tu=Aussiepinwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.