You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 5 years ago

Having the kickback is nice but not but not 3K nice for me. Gameplay is pretty much the same between the models (thankfully) and it is a fun layout. I'm not sure why everyone feels inclined to say this model is way better than that model. They are pretty much the same minus some bling which is a good thing IMO. Is it not okay for Pro owners to feel like for the money it was the best option and LE owners to feel like theirs was the best option? I would never sell my Refinery Pro and get an LE and I'm sure LE owners would not trade their LE for a Pro and cash. That's great if owners are satisfied with what they got that is what it is all about.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Having the kickback is nice but not but not 3K nice for me. Gameplay is pretty much the same between the models (thankfully) and it is a fun layout. I'm not sure why everyone feels inclined to say this model is way better than that model. They are pretty much the same minus some bling which is a good thing IMO. Is it not okay for Pro owners to feel like for the money it was the best option and LE owners to feel like theirs was the best option? I would never sell my Refinery Pro and get an LE and I'm sure LE owners would not trade their LE for a Pro and cash. That's great if owners are satisfied with what they got that is what it is all about.

For the most part that's what I'm saying in that the pro IS an excellent machine for its price. Great value. People keep misunderstanding my statement of saying how great the LE is and turning it into an anti-pro statement. That is not what I am saying nor my intention. Ritchie nailed it with both models.

And no, the kickback isn't worth 3k alone. There's just so many toppings on the LE that make it the total package. You can't go wrong with either title and if someone asked my opinion on which to buy, I'd say whichever you can afford cause neither will disappoint.

#403 5 years ago

I think that the same game play is only because of code. Once they differ the code between the two models I expect to see game play vary.

#404 5 years ago

Having the kickback is nice but not but not 3K nice for me.

Good thing that is far from the only difference.

#405 5 years ago

I had an LE preorder, cancelled and have not regretted it for one moment. I get the great flow and the pretty light show. I even get the risk/reward in the rules. IMHO, and as someone has already said, there is really very little differentiation in the modes which kills it for me. Hit the lit shots. Rinse and repeat. At a basic level, all games are like that but something is lacking with the integration of this great Star Trek theme with the actual gameplay. Heck, for all of the bashing IJ4 takes - the theme for that game seems better integrated than ST (and I get the rules for ST are light years ahead of IJ4).

Don't get me wrong - it's cool that all of the STLE and Pro owners love your games. It's great to hear so many people are happy and it's good for Stern and good for the community. For me, ST, as a complete package, is still lacking something. So no bashing of ST, but also no regrets for cancelling my order either.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Your statement on the VUK makes no sense. It's a shot to start modes and collect JPs; it feels better returning via the slinger rather than pooting it back where it came from.

How can that possibly "feel" better to reward someone for making a tough shot off the end of the flipper by immediately sending the ball out of control? A couple times on the pro, I've had it go off the top of the left slingshot, into the right slingshot and right down the left drain.

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

How can that possibly "feel" better to reward someone for making a tough shot off the end of the flipper by immediately sending the ball out of control? A couple times on the pro, I've had it go off the top of the left slingshot, into the right slingshot and right down the left drain.

I think we're misunderstanding each other. That's exactly my point. The VUK on the LE eliminates this which is why it feels better.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good thing that is far from the only difference.

Rob there are not many gameplay differences on this one that's a fact. VUK and kickback is it. I love the lights don't get me wrong but my focus is always gameplay. Hope you and others enjoy the hell out of the LE just as I'm enjoying my Refinery Pro.

#409 5 years ago

The only thing that scares me about my STLE pin is the way the ball smacks that glass so hard after certain shots. I know all pinball machines do this, but I bet I hit the glass 4-5 times HARD since I had it. This pin is super fast and does things I've never seen in a pin before. Afraid of breaking the glass. Still, I LOVE this pin and it's theme. My arm hurts so much after playing this thing.

#410 5 years ago

Rob there are not many gameplay differences on this one that's a fact. VUK and kickback is it. I love the lights don't get me wrong but my focus is always gameplay. Hope you and others enjoy the hell out of the LE just as I'm enjoying my Refinery Pro.

Yep, gameplay above all else.

That said, the LE looks bad ass!

And the RGB lighting under the inserts is simply incredible. Best Stern has done yet, without question.

#411 5 years ago

Game play is only part of any pinball experience! Go play this WOZ and tell me how much of a blast it is.
woz-video.jpg

The Lighting, Sounds, and Theme all have just as much to do with it as where the shots are placed.

#412 5 years ago

I had the pleasure of playing Pingod's STLE fresh out of the box this weekend. This game is simply outstanding. A pure adrenalen rush! The lights and shaker are very well integrated already, the game really responds and rewards you for making shots, creates a nice positive feedback loop while playing. The playfield looks great, the whole machine is a very shiny thing of beauty. Love the metal speaker panel too, pics don't do it justice the way it reflects all the lights, very nice touch.

I realize many people were turned off by the similar playfield layout to STTNG, and that crap gameplay video that was leaked early, but I can tell you this game is incredible to play and shines like a friggin diamond! I own an STTNG and this game plays nothing like it.

I can't speak for the price concerns and can certainly understand that being an issue for many folks, but if you were at all interested in this machine you will be kicking yourself down the line for not picking one up IMHO.

Color me envious!

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I had the pleasure of playing Pingod's STLE fresh out of the box this weekend. This game is simply outstanding. A pure adrenalen rush! The lights and shaker are very well integrated already, the game really responds and rewards you for making shots, creates a nice positive feedback loop while playing. The playfield looks great, the whole machine is a very shiny thing of beauty. Love the metal speaker panel too, pics don't do it justice the way it reflects all the lights, very nice touch.
I realize many people were turned off by the similar playfield layout to STTNG, and that crap gameplay video that was leaked early, but I can tell you this game is incredible to play and shines like a friggin diamond! I own an STTNG and this game plays nothing like it.
I can't speak for the price concerns and can certainly understand that being an issue for many folks, but if you were at all interested in this machine you will be kicking yourself down the line for not picking one up IMHO.
Color me envious!

I just hooked up the external sub,it rocks now.
I'm glad you enjoyed it

#414 5 years ago

My first pin was twilight Zone. It was a blast and my most memorable few weeks of pinball. I've had ten machines since and STLE is like starting over again. and to me the kickback is key, because it eliminates all those souls crushing losses.

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

My first pin was twilight Zone. It was a blast and my most memorable few weeks of pinball. I've had ten machines since and STLE is like starting over again. and to me the kickback is key, because it eliminates all those souls crushing losses.

Stuff a sock in the outlane and save 3K.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

Game play is only part of any pinball experience! Go play this WOZ and tell me how much of a blast it is.

I've played it, it's a blast, you are an _________

#417 5 years ago

I get my STLE next week. Beautiful art you light up, can play, and have a blast at home in your own Studio G. How great is that?

Cant wait for the next pinball machine from Stern....Star Wars with Tron LE lighting!!!?? Its all good and getting better...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside