You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 147 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    21%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 214 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

There is no "I never cancelled my order" option. So I voted "Yes" thinking it meant I didn't want to cancel my order. I know a few other people did too, so the poll is a bit off. Plus the poll is fairly old now, I wonder if you pose that poll again what the responses will be now that we have actually seen it?

+1

Is it possible to change or add a poll to an existing thread?

The original poll question was framed in the context of a plethora of PInsiders cancelling their orders when the first images of ST were released, and then a few weeks later there were overwhelming positive reviews about the Pro version … and some Pinsiders who cancelled their LE orders, placed a fresh order … that's why it's a bit dated today.

#352 5 years ago

not likely.

start a new thread, clean up your questions

Ideally, I think you want to exclude those that never ordered one, if I follow your original questions.

really though, at this stage, the US market games are shipping soon.

#353 5 years ago

Custom speech from Urban! Very cool. It's been awhile since we got custom speech from a main actor in the movie.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Custom speech from Urban! Very cool. It's been awhile since we got custom speech from a main actor in the movie.
» YouTube video

Very cool indeed. The game really needed this. Looking forward to hearing the call outs in the game.

#355 5 years ago

Too nice! I am tempted as I can out my AFM towards an STLE....

#356 5 years ago

Love the video RobT. Great promo for Stern and kudos to the Marketing department. Looks like more new stuff coming to the code.

#357 5 years ago

I'll bet Karl Urban is wondering why he's not on the backglass. LOL

#358 5 years ago

I only hope that you guy's are as pleased with your LE'S as I am with my PRO. I only wish that I don't feel compelled to move up!!!

#359 5 years ago

I do love the new theme music. Karl's voice will be a nice addition.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

There is no "I never cancelled my order" option. So I voted "Yes" thinking it meant I didn't want to cancel my order. I know a few other people did too, so the poll is a bit off. Plus the poll is fairly old now, I wonder if you pose that poll again what the responses will be now that we have actually seen it?

I guess it's canceled now since in another thread you bought a pro

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I guess it's canceled now since in another thread you bought a pro

Yep

#362 5 years ago

Even with the new photos of the potatoes and video of the less than spectacular "Star Field projector" aka red matter scatter...I am still all in and getting excited to have the LE. JJ here in Denver said the LE's might ship today or tomorrow. We'll see! Can't wait.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Even with the new photos of the potatoes and video of the less than spectacular "Star Field projector" aka red matter scatter...I am still all in and getting excited to have the LE. JJ here in Denver said the LE's might ship today or tomorrow. We'll see! Can't wait.

Lots of positive reports coming in for ST LE from those who have actually touched and played it!

Any more people having second thoughts about cancelling their order a couple of months ago?

Unknown-240.jpeg
#364 5 years ago

Anyone who canceled,never had one ordered !

#365 5 years ago

No second thoughts. As a hardcore star trek fanatic (my ST collection is valued over 250k), I would have bought the machine no questions asked. However, is it definitely overpriced and does not deliver as I would have hoped. When, the announcement came out felt like a total letdown when there is so much of ST to offer. Wish JJP would have got the license instead. It is a generic pinball machine with a ST toy. Will wait to buy a used one in the future.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from nichipax:

No second thoughts. As a hardcore Star Trek fanatic (my ST collection is valued over 250k), I would have bought the machine no questions asked. However, is it definitely overpriced and does not deliver as I would have hoped. When, the announcement came out felt like a total letdown when there is so much of ST to offer. Wish JJP would have got the license instead. It is a generic pinball machine with a ST toy. Will wait to buy a used one in the future.

I agree with some of what you said. I may not be a hardcore Star Trek fanatic but I have been a fan sense the first show aired on broadcast TV September 8,1966 when I was almost 8 years old. I have many different Star Trek items in my collection but I have no idea what the total value is. Too many items to list, probably some hid away I have forgot about over the years but my biggest items include all 4 Star Trek pinball machines, well I pick up the LE hopefully Monday. Three working SEGA Star Trek SOS vector video games, including the Captains Chair cockpit, Star Trek Voyager cockpit video game as well as a new in the box Voyager video game kit. Hardcore, well maybe, lets just say I would have bought the STLE if it turned out to be a turd but it's not, I haven't played the LE yet but I have played the pro and it's a great game and the code is not complete yet (I hope)
Like you I would have loved to see what JJP could have done with the title as I really wanted Star Trek to have an LCD display so yea that was a disappointment as well as the red DMD but that will be fixed with a ColorDMD and hopefully someday we will have color dots.
Yes I think we all are disappointed by the price of the LE, I really don't see the justification for the big jump in price and if it were any other title than Star Trek I would never even consider buying it so unless Stern or another company builds another Star Trek game this is it for me.

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from nichipax:

As a hardcore Star Trek fanatic (my ST collection is valued over 250k),

If you're really as hardcore as you say, you would have bought it without thinking twice about it. And money can't be an object, if you're collection is truly worth 250k.
I know people who are really hardcore and buy anything if it's labeled Star Trek, if it's possible for their budget of course. We all can't spend 250k

#368 5 years ago

'Guess you could call me hardcore with a conscience. Would have loved to buy a NIB LE but it was such a letdown what came out. Been playing pinball since it was a nickel a game. Was expecting a lot more for the title and the money. 9k is a lot of money! Might eventually own one to add to the collection but I cannot see myself buying right now after such a letdown without thinking twice about it.

#369 5 years ago

I haven't kept up with this thread given it's length, but I'd think that the whipsaw would be up to 3rd and 4th thoughts now that some actual video is out. I know I was "in" on pre-order, "out" on price, "in" on seeing the Pro at Expo, "out" on price again (partially because I bought POTC at Expo and that took a bunch of my funds), and now kind of wishing I was "in" again on seeing the LE video (but I have a Pro sitting in the box for Christmas). Still, the gameplay is very similar and the light show on the Pro is good as it is. But, that LE is some great eye candy. CRAZY!

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I agree with some of what you said. I may not be a hardcore Star Trek fanatic but I have been a fan sense the first show aired on broadcast TV September 8,1966 when I was almost 8 years old. I have many different Star Trek items in my collection but I have no idea what the total value is. Too many items to list, probably some hid away I have forgot about over the years but my biggest items include all 4 Star Trek pinball machines, well I pick up the LE hopefully Monday. Three working SEGA Star Trek SOS vector video games, including the Captains Chair cockpit, Star Trek Voyager cockpit video game as well as a new in the box Voyager video game kit. Hardcore, well maybe, lets just say I would have bought the STLE if it turned out to be a turd but it's not, I haven't played the LE yet but I have played the pro and it's a great game and the code is not complete yet (I hope)
Like you I would have loved to see what JJP could have done with the title as I really wanted Star Trek to have an LCD display so yea that was a disappointment as well as the red DMD but that will be fixed with a ColorDMD and hopefully someday we will have color dots.
Yes I think we all are disappointed by the price of the LE, I really don't see the justification for the big jump in price and if it were any other title than Star Trek I would never even consider buying it so unless Stern or another company builds another Star Trek game this is it for me.

Great games! Very nice machines. Most of my collection is made of toys, repro, props, litho's, etc, etc but not that many machines. Thanks for the ideas SaminVA.

#371 5 years ago

LATEST ON THE POLL

31% of Pinsiders polled are having second thoughts about their cancellation and have bought or are considering placing a fresh order to buy a ST LE.

That's the highest percentage since this thread started.

Looks like the ST LE will be a fast seller after all!

images-11-7.jpeg
#372 5 years ago

I was at my distributor last Friday. They had ordered 5 LE's. I was the only one pre-paid. Two others were "ordered" by regular customers. "Were" ordered is the operative word. They've canceled their orders. I'm hanging in there. I believe I'll be happy with it straight out of the box.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I got mine today and it is incredible, I've owned a lot of pins and yes when I got MM or AFM, TOTAN I had a feeling like wow what a great pinball machine but Star Trek LE is in a whole new category, feels like a pin should for 2013. AWESOME

Quoted from xfassa:

Just got mine home. Wow! I mean........WOW! This thing is sensory overload. If you were on the fence with what version to get, I highly recommend the LE. Absolutely stunning. Oh yeah......fast and furious game play too.
Also, the laser star field is very interesting. Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say. It's just mesmerizing. You really need to experience first hand.
I have to admit it, Stern did a stellar job on this title.

I think we'll get a few more 'second thoughts' over the next week or so!

#374 5 years ago

Still not one bit of second thoughts here very satisfied with the Refinery Pro and it's price point. Great to hear other's excitement over getting the LE hope all owners absolutely love it!

#375 5 years ago

2 of us locally saw the LE last weekend and ordered one ASAP.

#376 5 years ago

I think I said before that once these were out they were going to be in demand. I hope to get mine this weekend.

#377 5 years ago

If you cancelled you're pre order then you made a big mistake, ST LE is awesome. I have never been blown away before like this with a pinball game. GREATNESS

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If you cancelled you're pre order then you made a big mistake, ST LE is awesome. I have never been blown away before like this with a pinball game. GREATNESS

Why you can still buy the LE now even if you cancelled your preorder? Primarily due to its price point at least that was my reason for dropping out. Not trying to knock the pin your loving right now at all. However, I just don't see how me having a pin I'm really loving and having an extra $2,000 in my pocket as being a big mistake.

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Why you can still buy the LE now even if you cancelled your preorder? Primarily due to its price point at least that was my reason for dropping out. Not trying to knock the pin your loving right now at all. However, I just don't see how me having a pin I'm really loving and having an extra $2,000 in my pocket as being a big mistake.

There's literally nothing on the LE that warrants the extra price for me which is actually a good thing. It means the gameplay difference between the pro and LE aren't that far off which would be a good place to be. I would have actually been just as happy with MET pro over the premium I bought. Of course I still need to play ST.

#381 5 years ago

No.

Price point is now too high. That's it. Same with WOZ 75.

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

2 of us locally saw the LE last weekend and ordered one ASAP.

Any other similar stories out there about the ST LE's "must own one" magnetism?

#383 5 years ago

I signed up for an STLE on March 5th and have not even considered cancelling. Mine ships today so it should be here soon. Only problem is that I am moving, so I probably won't get to unpack it until somewhere around New Years. I am mainly an EM collector at this point and not someone who buys a lot of NIB machines to say the least. I saw this game at SPF and it only cemented my desire for one even more.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Any other similar stories out there about the ST LE's "must own one" magnetism?

I was on the fence myself,didn't know which way to go until I played one.
I'm glad that I didn't back out, mine should be here this Saturday.
Already have guys coming by to play it when it arrives.

#385 5 years ago

I ordered the LE early on, never wavered. Loving it now. Even the controversial star field projector, it is great. When that mode starts and the playfield lights up, it is just a lighting effect, it doesn't matter to me that it doesn't look like real stars, just another little thing to tickle my brain when playing.

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I only meant that it's a good game not that they would be unattainable, every Stern LE that's been released has come up for sale since. As for the extra 2000 in you're pocket it would have been worth it, I really hate the pro owners trying to justify not needing the bell's and whistle's that come with an LE. If you can afford it then why wouldn't you buy it. I can't think of a reason, would love to hear yours.

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If you can afford it then why wouldn't you buy it. I can't think of a reason, would love to hear yours.

It doesn't look like the LE adds much to the gameplay for me to justify the price. I don't care too much about over the top lighting, but if they threw in some bells or a whistle I may reconsider. I am looking forward to getting a pro.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It doesn't look like the LE adds much to the gameplay for me to justify the price. I don't care too much about over the top lighting, but if they threw in some bells or a whistle I may reconsider. I am looking forward to getting a pro.

Yeah, there aren't massive functional differences like AC/DC, Avengers, & Metallica. It's mostly bling & lights. I was really hoping the ship would have lots of animation...I was hoping it would do something cool like weave left & right during battle....or have a physical lock underneath.

In any case- it's a good thing that people who don't wanna spend as much can get a really solid game with Star Trek Pro & not feel like they're missing out on anything.

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

That's my conclusion, as well. I might think otherwise if I didn't already have plenty of good pins or if money were not an object. As long as LE buyers are happy, I'm happy for them.

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I only meant that it's a good game not that they would be unattainable, every Stern LE that's been released has come up for sale since. As for the extra 2000 in you're pocket it would have been worth it, I really hate the pro owners trying to justify not needing the bell's and whistle's that come with an LE. If you can afford it then why wouldn't you buy it. I can't think of a reason, would love to hear yours.

Yes very true. Value is in the eye of the beholder. To some $2000-$3000 is a lot of money. To some it is marginal. If people see value in pro then go pro. If you like the extra bling and think it is worth it for not much more then buy LE. The extra 3K for the ST LE is a drop in the bucket for what I see as value? Its like buying a new vehicle. Are you happy with the base model then cool, if you see value in extras then you will pay an additional price for such features. I pay extra for features in my vehicles because I know in the long term I will enjoy them.

#391 5 years ago

The latest poll results show an increase in Pinsiders in the last week changing their minds about cancelling their LE orders two months go and deciding not to buy a ST but have now ordering one.

Any thoughts on when all LEs will be sold?

Any further comments before we close this thread?

Any silenced early critics of STLE willing to have another go at bashing what may be end up being declared a great pinnie?

images-1-165.jpeg
#392 5 years ago

I was critical of some of Sterns decisions concerning STLE, but never cancelled my order. After 2 days with the machine, I believe that it has potential to be number 1. It really does. It's that good.

#393 5 years ago

I asked the Distributor when I picked up mine and was told sold, but the european allotment wasn't sold out and Stern had a few left as of last week. So slim pickings maybe left if you hurry. Make it quick!! Very impressive game.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, there aren't massive functional differences like AC/DC, Avengers, & Metallica. It's mostly bling & lights. I was really hoping the ship would have lots of animation...I was hoping it would do something cool like weave left & right during battle....or have a physical lock underneath.
In any case- it's a good thing that people who don't wanna spend as much can get a really solid game with Star Trek Pro & not feel like they're missing out on anything.

I dunno; I completed vengeance last night and the overall crash effect throughout the game was awesome! Then the vengeance remained in the crashed position while I proceeded to hit what appeared to be victory laps.

There's just a ton of little toppings on this game that make the overall package phenomenal. I have about an hour+ on a pro and 2 hours on an LE now. And while the pro is a great bang for the buck game; the LE is simply amazing. There are just tiny bits of toppings all over the LE that put this game in a whole other level:

Warp ramp chase lights: awesome awesome awesome effect
VUK: way better than the pro. On paper it doesn't seem like much, gameplay wise - very noticeable. It's the little things in the LE that really bring out the 'feel' of the pin
Kick back: love it! And makes building shields relevant. Curious to see what they do with the shields for the pros.
Starfield: sucks if you think of it as a star field. Simply icing on the cake if you think of it as an effect. Topped with the red inserts, feels like your in an epic battle vs the Klingons. Love it!
Color changing inserts: holy crap the effects are epic!
Wire form ramps: I'll admit, I was a bit concerned about these ramps especially the turn around the VUK on the left ramp. But dude, these wire forms with that bend are awesome! Just another subtle difference that really brings out the 'feel'.

Listen, I don't want to dog on the pro because it's a great game! But the way I see the differences between the two is like this; if you are someone who goes through games quick or don't plan on making any of your games a 'keeper' - go pro. If your looking for a game to keep in your collection long time, the LE is simply the way to go. You will not be let down.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dunno; I completed vengeance last night and the overall crash effect throughout the game was awesome! Then the vengeance remained in the crashed position while I proceeded to hit what appeared to be victory laps.
There's just a ton of little toppings on this game that make the overall package phenomenal. I have about an hour+ on a pro and 2 hours on an LE now. And while the pro is a great bang for the buck game; the LE is simply amazing. There are just tiny bits of toppings all over the LE that put this game in a whole other level:
Warp ramp chase lights: awesome awesome awesome effect
VUK: way better than the pro. On paper it doesn't seem like much, gameplay wise - very noticeable. It's the little things in the LE that really bring out the 'feel' of the pin
Kick back: love it! And makes building shields relevant. Curious to see what they do with the shields for the pros.
Starfield: sucks if you think of it as a star field. Simply icing on the cake if you think of it as an effect. Topped with the red inserts, feels like your in an epic battle vs the Klingons. Love it!
Color changing inserts: holy crap the effects are epic!
Wire form ramps: I'll admit, I was a bit concerned about these ramps especially the turn around the VUK on the left ramp. But dude, these wire forms with that bend are awesome! Just another subtle difference that really brings out the 'feel'.
Listen, I don't want to dog on the pro because it's a great game! But the way I see the differences between the two is like this; if you are someone who goes through games quick or don't plan on making any of your games a 'keeper' - go pro. If your looking for a game to keep in your collection long time, the LE is simply the way to go. You will not be let down.

When we were playing last night, the thought that crossed my mind most often was "I can't believe that I was having second thoughts about going forward with my order". lol

All doubts have been erased.

#396 5 years ago

Eskay,
I have only played the pro I'm curious does the LE have a different feel to it (build quality wise?)
Like ac/dc pro vs premium LE?

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Eskay,
I have only played the pro I'm curious does the LE have a different feel to it (build quality wise?)
Like ac/dc pro vs premium LE?

Yes; there is a slight feel to the pro vs LE. I get the same feeling with all pro vs LE models. I have an xmen pro and anytime I play someone else's premium or LE of any title, I notice a difference. This includes st pro. There's just a subtle build quality difference between the two models.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes; there is a slight feel to the pro vs LE. I get the same feeling with all pro vs LE models. I have an xmen pro and anytime I play someone else's premium or LE of any title, I notice a difference. This includes st pro. There's just a subtle build quality difference between the two models.

I had the opposite experience. As someone that only bought LEs I finally got tired of playing Pros and thinking they felt the same and in some cases better.

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Really? To me it says, "Don't design a saucer that feeds the top of the left slingshot." It's easily the worst shot of the game.

I just don't see why the kickback had to be an exclusive feature. Maybe it's just me, but between that, the left Mission Start, the SDTM Vengeance target and the Black Hole sucker shot (why a target instead of a scoop?) the Pro borders on the unfair.

#400 5 years ago

Listen, I played the pro for 1-2 hours; I played the LE for 1-2 hours. I'm not knocking the pro - the LE is just that phenomenal. Sorry if you disagree. Your statement on the VUK makes no sense. It's a shot to start modes and collect JPs; it feels better returning via the slinger rather than pooting it back where it came from.

As for the kickback - well, they have to cutback somewhere to give people a better buy option. I think Ritchie did well with both versions of this game.

Quoted from CarShark:

Really? To me it says, "Don't design a saucer that feeds the top of the left slingshot." It's easily the worst shot of the game.

I just don't see why the kickback had to be an exclusive feature. Maybe it's just me, but between that, the left Mission Start, the SDTM Vengeance target and the Black Hole sucker shot (why a target instead of a scoop?) the Pro borders on the unfair.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside