You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What if Stern added some rainbows to it? Would you like like it then?

Stickers or screened? Would the rainbows come with a price increase?

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I have zero second thoughts about cancelling my LE.

I bet you had second thoughts once you received your Transformers LE though

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from zod:

WOZ is fine if you are a toddler or wear panties but what kind of man buy's a WOZ themed anything, oh yeah a gay one. Jesus, the main song is yellow brick road. Star Trek LE can't wait no second thoughts what so ever. Take WOZ and go put on a dress.

Really?? Because you sound very insecure in your "Manhood" in this post ^

Hopefully your STLE will fix that

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Also I am getting pissed at the ball hang up or dead spot below the pops.

The Star Trek Pro I played at Flippers also had the ball hang up below the popbumpers. Wonder if that's gonna be a problem on the LE as well?

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

The Star Trek Pro I played at Flippers also had the ball hang up below the popbumpers. Wonder if that's gonna be a problem on the LE as well?

I wonder if they will make a fix/mod for that? Avengers was a shit storm of ball hang ups and traps when it came out but owners created ingenious mods/fixes for these problems. Maybe someone who owns a ST will create a fix for this hang up too?

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from alamo:

Only thing good about ST was the lighting . Theme ok play not so good

I suppose I wholeheartedly disagree! This game plays great, and it's getting better all the time!

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I wonder if they will make a fix/mod for that? Avengers was a shit storm of ball hang ups and traps when it came out but owners created ingenious mods/fixes for these problems. Maybe someone who owns a ST will create a fix for this hang up too?

Hmmm... I haven't experienced this yet. I don't have a lot of time on mine yet, as I've been traveling. So far, plays really fast, and fun. The new skill shots are very cool, although I wish they were more clearly delineated. I wish there was a reward for completing a mission similar to LOTR (you're given a "Gift from the Elves"). In ST, you merely play a mission to build score multipliers for later, I suppose. Still learning.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What if Stern added some rainbows to it? Would you like like it then?

If they added a LCD panel he would love it and wait years to get it.....

#259 5 years ago

I finally bailed out on my ST-LE order today after playing the pro yesterday. It's not that I don't think it's fun, and I certainly like the looks of the LE. I decided that it's just not $7.5k+ worth of fun...for me. If it is for you, that's understandable. ST has a lot going for it, and you'll certainly enjoy it. Giving it up wasn't an easy decision. (And if anyone wants my LE, you can PM me for the name of my distributor.)

Of course, were money no object, I'd own one, but I can't buy everything, especially at these stratospheric prices. So, congrats to all of you ST owners, especially the lucky folks getting the LE. Looks like I'll be coming to your place from time to time to play one.

Perhaps I'll pick up a used pro someday...

#260 5 years ago

Sadly spots are not an issue. lEs sitting everywhere.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I haven't had a single one on mine after about 30-40 plays. Perhaps it was a leveling issue? <edit> I actually did get a hang up but it was after a good amount of plays perhaps the rubber is wearing causing it to catch guess I'll see if it becomes an issue or not.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Sadly spots are not an issue. lEs sitting everywhere.

I think that has a lot to do with the crazy price increase. I'm enjoying my Refinery Pro early on and would of most likely gotten an LE if they didn't go crazy with the pricing on it.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I'm anxiously awaiting my LE. I've been playing the Pro in the meantime. After the 1.3 update, the game is really fun to play. I had to tweak my fire button to get it to register. Just had to manually bend the switch a little. It was sitting in the always on position. I thought it was a software issue, but it was physical. Also, I've had the 2 general illumination LEDs pop out on to the play field twice!!?? It's a super easy fix, but a huge drag when it happens mid game. Anybody else having this issue??

Are the GI's at least socketed 44/47 style in this game? I can understand 555's in spotlights but using push-in connections for all the GI's on a vibration-prone PF seems cheesy and unreliable.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I finally bailed out on my ST-LE order today after playing the pro yesterday. It's not that I don't think it's fun, and I certainly like the looks of the LE. I decided that it's just not $7.5k+ worth of fun...for me. If it is for you, that's understandable. ST has a lot going for it, and you'll certainly enjoy it. Giving it up wasn't an easy decision. (And if anyone wants my LE, you can PM me for the name of my distributor.)
Of course, were money no object, I'd own one, but I can't buy everything, especially at these stratospheric prices. So, congrats to all of you ST owners, especially the lucky folks getting the LE. Looks like I'll be coming to your place from time to time to play one.
Perhaps I'll pick up a used pro someday...

Come play mine anytime...I can relate to your post and I feel the same but have not called my distributor to cancel

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Come play mine anytime...

Be careful what you offer! Thanks.

#265 5 years ago

Craig, road trip to Ohio. I have a pinball party already planned for December so IM me for details. I just heard STLE is delayed for the states now too and will begin to ship November 18th

#266 5 years ago

Ohio is just a bit far, but many thanks for the offer! I have a friend about 80 miles from here who has an LE on order, so I'll be knocking on his door in a while. Congratulations on the new pin. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

#267 5 years ago

It is a bit far, I used to live in Columbia, SC.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from zod:

WOZ is fine if you are a toddler or wear panties but what kind of man buy's a WOZ themed anything, oh yeah a gay one. Jesus, the main song is yellow brick road. Star Trek LE can't wait no second thoughts what so ever. Take WOZ and go put on a dress.

GFY noob.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Are the GI's at least socketed 44/47 style in this game? I can understand 555's in spotlights but using push-in connections for all the GI's on a vibration-prone PF seems cheesy and unreliable.

The 2 directly above the flippers are push ins. Seems like a poor choice. Certainly hot glue will fix the problem... But there shouldn't BE a problem!

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from zod:

This guy needs to come out of the damn closet already! He'd be happier

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The 2 directly above the flippers are push ins. Seems like a poor choice. Certainly hot glue will fix the problem... But there shouldn't BE a problem!

I thought Stern stopped using 555 in the GI with Metallica due to problems with bulbs flying out.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

This guy needs to come out of the damn closet already! He'd be happier

You're the one who bought it, have fun at the parade. Here's a thought go as Dorothy.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#274 5 years ago

All the GI are 555 except the slings, which are 44.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

All the GI are 555 except the slings, which are 44.

Thanks.

#277 5 years ago

As Ringo would say (Howard Stern too) Peace and Love - Peace and Love!

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

As Ringo would say (Howard Stern too) Peace and Love - Peace and Love!

Yeah I'm sorry, but this guy is blatantly attacking like an Internet 12 year old.

Sorry about my rashness guys. But my original response to this particular person still stands. I'm sure the mod squad will take care of business. Man, RGP this ain't, and I wasn't helping.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from zod:

You're the one who bought it, have fun at the parade. Here's a thought go as Dorothy.

Hahahaahahahahahah

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hahahaahahahahahah

Thats why I like you. Finally the right answer to silly comments ; )

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah I'm sorry, but this guy is blatantly attacking like an Internet 12 year old.
Sorry about my rashness guys. But my original response to this particular person still stands. I'm sure the mod squad will take care of business. Man, RGP this ain't, and I wasn't helping.

I think you need to relax, if you can't admit and I'm joking about it being gay or you have to be gay to like WOZ all I'm saying is that at 40 years old I'm never buying a pin based on what is essentially a very child like movie. Would you not have preferred The Running Man or Blade Runner or Aliens etc. as a cooler theme with how well JJack built this game. I guess I have some pent up anger as a result and I apologize for my comments. My buddies and me joke around a lot with each but Im starting to see that most people on pinside are way too serious. Again I'm sorry and I'll keep those opinions to myself.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from zod:

WOZ is fine if you are a toddler or wear panties but what kind of man buy's a WOZ themed anything, oh yeah a gay one. Jesus, the main song is yellow brick road. Star Trek LE can't wait no second thoughts what so ever. Take WOZ and go put on a dress.</blockquote

Now that was so..........hilarious!! I cant stop laughing.

#284 5 years ago

Thinking of giving up my STLE. Have one on reserve with Game Exchange of Colorado. If interested PM me.

Thanks, Martin

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I think you need to relax, if you can't admit and I'm joking about it being gay or you have to be gay to like WOZ all I'm saying is that at 40 years old I'm never buying a pin based on what is essentially a very child like movie. Would you not have preferred The Running Man or Blade Runner or Aliens etc. as a cooler theme with how well JJack built this game. I guess I have some pent up anger as a result and I apologize for my comments. My buddies and me joke around a lot with each but Im starting to see that most people on pinside are way too serious. Again I'm sorry and I'll keep those opinions to myself.

Takes a big man to admit a mistake. Kudos.

Point is valid in the sense that theme is essential for some people. WOZ looks like a supremely well built machine with already very deep code. But I have zero interest in it. I gravitate to movie / superhero themes. I guess I am still a 12 year old boy trapped in a 40+ year old body - I prefer to pretend I am Ironman fighting against Whiplash, rather than travelling down the yellow brick road and facing the wicked witch of the west.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thinking of giving up my STLE. Have one on reserve with Game Exchange of Colorado. If interested PM me.
Thanks, Martin

I'm just curious. How can you have one on reserve. When the initial announcement came out you had 24 hrs to get on board. When you did aren't you commited and not able to have a refund?

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I'm just curious. How can you have one on reserve. When the initial announcement came out you had 24 hrs to get on board. When you did aren't you commited and not able to have a refund?

Have deposit on one. Since GEX will not refund deposit JJ informed me to go on PINSIDE and list mine is available. If someone takes my place and gives him a deposit (on my behalf) JJ will refund my deposit. Yes I understand they are all not sold out. So if someone wants to help out a fellow PINSIDER and is buying one anyways let me know.

Thanks, Martin

#288 5 years ago

Played the Pro and very happy I've got a LE on it's way. Martin don't buy/pre-order from guys like JJ. My local Dealer said I can cancel anytime!

#289 5 years ago

Star Trek is the best game going right now on the market

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why don't you own it?

#291 5 years ago

I decided to get my STLE because I love the theme, looks, designer, and overall feel of the pin. I mean, who wouldn't want to command a Starship?? But, to be honest, I had a beautiful STTNG pin that I sold to a great pinhead/friend and I kinda miss it. Hated it when I had it, but now I think I should have given it a second chance because I loved the look of the pin. I'm thinking this one will help ease the pain of missing STTNG, plus give me my ST feel back.

Plus, it will be the first Enterptise being commanded by a guy with a blue dress on, because I kinda like my WOZ! LOL

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

You honestly need to take over the PR position at Stern like ASAP.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It is? Ok thanks for letting me know!
Ps. Should I do a burger or a turkey sandwich for lunch today?
I need to know what I like best?
Let me know... Thanks!!

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

You honestly need to take over the PR position at Stern like ASAP.

You're right. Ive read a ton of ST threads/information, and the only two things Ive gotten from Stern's marketing dept. is that he smokes cigars and goes on vacations.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You're right. Ive read a ton of ST threads/information, and the only two things Ive gotten from Stern's marketing dept. is that he smokes cigars and goes on vacations.

Actually, more like "Flow, King, more parts than a Taurus!, repeat"

#297 5 years ago

Anyone having second thoughts with their STLE order now? After the number of recent delays?

Personally, I would rather they get the game right than rush out an imperfect machine.

Agreed?

images-3-448.jpeg
#298 5 years ago

Always better to wait and have the tweeks done before shipping it out.

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Personally, I would rather they get the game right than rush out an imperfect machine.

Yes, it's arguable that TAV needed another month inside Stern. So, I'm happy ST is getting that treatment.

#300 5 years ago

Glad but still a little worried. Still would rather have a bug free game late then an early craptacular game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside