You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg

There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

1. Plenty will be left. TFLE had 750 units and only cost less than $6k. You can still get them.

I wonder if Stern's production number on TFLE and STLE are gambles based on World Wide appeal, or the fact that both franchises have sequel's guaranteed down the road ( TF being next year ) - thus always another chance to pick up. But that wouldn't be a good business RONA model. (Return on Net Assests).

#52 6 years ago

I ordered a STLE after everyone announced they were canceling. I think the LE will be a sellout.

#53 6 years ago

Nothing I have seen so far would make me buy one.

The only thing that could make this game great would be good, solid and complete code. While waiting for new updates on games before, I don't know why I should trust STERN, why should this game have better and complete code?
And even when the code is great, it has a fun and great layout. But that is not enough for me in this days to justify the money this game would cost. With AC/DC I knew I MUST have this game, Metallica got me even more, I saw the artwork and knew that's what I want. I saw "The hobbit" trailer and the PF plan, and with what is in my WOZ, I know I have to get one.

But sry guys, I was a big ST Fan, but that died with the last movies so I can't get in the theme, to much action without the adventure part. The layout looks like fun and fast but often seen before, and I can get older games with almost the same layout cheaper. "24" had a great SR layout and I liked to play it but the game looked to much plastic to keep it.
I don't like the artwork but that's a matter of personal taste, I don't like the cartoon dots. That's funny with cartoon themes or rock themes, but I don't think that this works for movie themes.
The lightning looks good and will be better with the premiums and the LEs, but I like to mod my games and I don't think that a stock ST can top the modded lightning on my AC/DC or Met.
The sound is great from what I heard in the videos. But this game has only one big toy, and for now I don't think it's a great toy. It just looks way to plastic and cheap.

I would like to play a ST, even more now with all the good reviews. But I don't see me buying one. So no second thoughts!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I ordered a STLE after everyone announced they were canceling. I think the LE will be a sellout.

It will sell out to distributors, but my guess is they will be available through distributors for a long time.

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I wonder if Stern's production number on TFLE and STLE are gambles based on World Wide appeal, or

They produced so many because MET was oversold, and then they get word from their social media/forum lurkers that collectors are PRE-preordering blind from certain distributors for ST, so they say "Raise the price, raise the production numbers..." which is Stern, as a business, trying to maximize profit and is completely understandable. If they produced too many LEs, it'll be the distributors who find that out the hard way.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The lightning looks good and will be better with the premiums and the LEs, but I like to mod my games and I don't think that a stock ST can top the modded lightning on my AC/DC or Met.
The sound is great from what I heard in the videos.

However, stock compared to stock this looks like it will be one of the Best (if not the best) lit games by stern ever. Also, possibly one of the best sounding. And of course people will mod them like crazy in addition.

#56 6 years ago

Well Gomez designed a killer game with Avenger's but the engineers and assemblers borked it so a great design doesn't mean a great game.
They could have fixed it but chose to box them and ship them as is.
I don't know if the LE comes with the coffin lock or the two bolts for the backbox but it seems like the pattern is strip the games out, use cheaper parts and raise the prices.
The code is another issue, it seems like a crapshoot on that also.
At 8K+ to me Stern has jumped the shark and I just don't see me ever buying another NIB Stern.

1 week later
#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

You, like many others, probably aren't overly concerned that there wasn't an LCD version announced.
It's amazing how many ordered one in advance, despite Stern discouraging the practice, because they thought it would have an LCD.

Unknown.jpeg
#58 6 years ago

What's behind the rumors that there are new problems with the LE?
Anyone know for certain?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Sounds illogical.... :p

#60 6 years ago

I suspect those that know for sure will be at Stern's session Friday night at Expo. I don't expect to hear/read anything but speculation until then.

I can wait a few days.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Curious. Anyone who cancelled their orders for the ST LE machine two weeks ago having second thoughts? Or already reversed their decision to cancel?

Umm, no. I've played it several times. Everything I've seen reaffirms my decision.

#62 6 years ago

I am way past second thoughts. On to third and fourth. As I mentioned elsewhere, I am eagerly awaiting reports from Expo. I'll be very disappointed if Stern does not show an LE.

#63 6 years ago

Walking Dead is next so onward and upward.....

#64 6 years ago

guys hate to tell you this but walking dead is not next and not in the mix

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Walking Dead or Muppets - bit of a contrast

Unless KISS of course.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Unless KISS of course.

Now that would be a seller!

But let's see a QUEEN pin first!

OK, now ... let's get back to the ST LE problems ...

images-5-684.jpeg
#67 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Now that would be a bad move on their part.....what is in the mix based on what you know? Realizing that they really need to focus on finishing code for several games and getting ST out the door.....

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Oops. I voted wrong. There is no option for people that never cancelled their order. I voted No thinking it meant No I didn't have second thoughts about ordering an LE. I never cancelled my order and I am super excited for it's delivery!

Did the same oops!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

Did the same oops!

I know the title is misleading, and then the poll is a different question. I bet a ton of people voted wrong and didn't even know it.

#70 6 years ago

Now that would be a seller!
But let's see a QUEEN pin first!
OK, now ... let's get back to the ST LE problems ...

images-5-684.jpeg 7 KB

Yep, I'm in for KISS all the way. Dream *modern era* pin for me. The Bally pin looks great, but the game play puts me off.
Terry.

#71 6 years ago

<

Quoted from Asael: With AC/DC I knew I MUST have this game,

I'm the same way but with ST. I knew months in advance I had to have this game and I went LE before anything was released because I love the theme. I knew game flow would be there. Sometime you take a leap of faith and land soft. Other times you land on rocks. I'm confident it won't be rocks. At least for me.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

he Bally pin looks great, but the game play puts me off.
Terry.

Agreed! I remember being drawn in as a kid by the artwork but then was disappointed by he game and went back to Steve Ritchie's THE FLASH!

Which brings us back to the topic of this post: ST LE

Will the next 72 hours or so bring about frenzied activity as those who cancelled their orders change their minds and hit the phones?

Unknown-5.jpeg
#73 6 years ago

Will the next 72 hours or so bring about frenzied activity as those who cancelled their orders change their minds and hit the phones?

I'd be happy if that is the result and not the opposite. I am waiting to hear news from the front.

#74 6 years ago

I am hesitating on the STLE follow through especially after I saw this preorder add for a Stern Star Wars pinball machine ......

ebay.com link

The Ebay add wasn't up for long. I am a bigger Star Wars fan that Star Trek, so I am thinking I will keep my powder dry and wait for the Stern's Star Wars pinball, or whatever is next. Besides, I have a Williams Star Trek that is a wide body and a lot of fun. However, I don't have a fun Star Wars pinball. I can only hope Stern fiber optics' the snot out of the future Star Wars playfield and ramps at more than what Tron LE has. Why wasn't the Star Trek LE given the fiber optic treatment? Keep going Stern and light up the dim playfields for the old guys eyes.

Time will tell for me on the STLE.....but I do appreciate the mirrored backglasses with the added LED light panels, especially in a darkened room. If I can enjoy them another 20 years, it will likely be worth the extra cost. Its all good, with no bad days.

#75 6 years ago

Will be interesting to hear if they start the LE production for the expo tour. That would be cool.

#76 5 years ago

All positive reports and beautiful images of the STLE at the Stern factory tour. Best Christmas present ever! Can't wait for delivery of my first NIB!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

All positive reports and beautiful images of the STLE at the Stern factory tour. Best Christmas present ever! Can't wait for delivery of my first NIB!

Congrats. It does look sweet. Glad stern is taking baby steps to bring pinball into 21st century. About time. Wish it was on another title as I already have Next Generation and can't see having both. Best of luck with it!

#78 5 years ago

Recent released pictures and videos seem to have changed the opinions of those who initially canceled their orders.
Very happy mine will be here in the next 30 days. wonder how long before the LEs are sold out.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Recent released pictures and videos seem to have changed the opinions of those who initially canceled their orders.
Very happy mine will be here in the next 30 days. wonder how long before the LEs are sold out.

I cancelled and it hasn't changed my opinion. They are just asking too much. Near 8K needs an LCD or other things on the field to justify that range IMO. The 'sold out' thing is kind of a tactic to increase demand. Sure they sold out to distributors but there are still plenty to be had. My hope would be they won't all sell and Stern would realize they hit a limit with the price so they won't increase it again come the next release. I want them to be successful but the rate in which they have been increasing prices during the last 2 years is getting a bit out of hand IMO. That said, I can see why some may of changed their minds and ordered it again it looks very cool and probably looks even better in person.

#80 5 years ago

'Classic' ST LCD?

images-3.jpeg
#81 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Will be interesting to hear if they start the LE production for the expo tour. That would be cool.

Steve said LE production has not started yet.

#82 5 years ago

2 DAYS AGO | # QUOTE | !! | IGNORE
Saw it and loved it Changed my order about 40 min ago. Woo hoo

Anyone else change their minds?

#83 5 years ago

With rumour now being that Stern might forgo installing the laser I'm on the fence for the first time. I let the VuK slide.... But to dick us on two items? I'm not sure now.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

With rumour now being that Stern might forgo installing the laser I'm on the fence for the first time. I let the VuK slide.... But to dick us on two items? I'm not sure now.

No shit? When did you hear that?

#85 5 years ago

I know where that laser removal rumor came from and it's been debunked. Laser is there from all we've been told.

#86 5 years ago

I wonder how the MM remake impacted sales? Not a lot of people would have money for both at the same time (although the balance on the MM is due next year).

My wife would kill me if I told her that I bought an 8 grand MM to go next to a 8 grand STLE.

#87 5 years ago

Man..Stern's gotta feel they just got ran over with a steam roller. As they keep removing stuff from their high end LEs and raising the price..the pinball world just dropped 8 millions dollars in a matter of a couple hours on a 15 year old remake.

I guess we're seeing the cream float to the top

#88 5 years ago

If they remove the laser I will cancel and never buy a NIB LE again

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Man..Stern's gotta feel they just got ran over with a steam roller. As they keep removing stuff from their high end LEs and raising the price..the pinball world just dropped 8 millions dollars in a matter of a couple hours on a 15 year old remake.
I guess we're seeing the cream float to the top

No doubt Stern is probably not happy to have more competition, but please!
1000 machines were sold yesterday. That is, 1 company presold 1000 machines for next year sometime. And they had to use the number 1 rated game of all time to do it.
So what, they redo AFM, and MB next? Couple thousand machines for those?
Stern's not likely shaking in their boots yet. Each title they launch sells more than that.
No other company out there has the ability to compete with Stern on their level. Not yet anyway.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I cancelled and it hasn't changed my opinion. They are just asking too much. Near 8K needs an LCD or other things on the field to justify that range IMO. The 'sold out' thing is kind of a tactic to increase demand. Sure they sold out to distributors but there are still plenty to be had. My hope would be they won't all sell and Stern would realize they hit a limit with the price so they won't increase it again come the next release. I want them to be successful but the rate in which they have been increasing prices during the last 2 years is getting a bit out of hand IMO. That said, I can see why some may of changed their minds and ordered it again it looks very cool and probably looks even better in person.

I thought <8k LE machine would be nuts. Then I saw it (videos). Then MMR announced 8k price. I feel much better with an STLE purchase after that. Fresher, Faster, newer, more innovative. You're also getting the Steve Ritchie stamp of approval The money's there; Steve knew the LCD wouldn't be ready so he went with a new avenue, biggest light show ever in any pin. The big question is, will they deliver and be given the allocated time to program this puppy? The smartest thing to do tbh is wait 6 mos, see where the code goes and what the premiums have to offer.

#91 5 years ago

Laser is not going anywhere. Heard from solid source.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The smartest thing to do tbh is wait 6 mos, see where the code goes

That's ridiculous! Are you referring to the code on STLE or the last 5 Stern titles? BTW: It's been a lot longer than 6 mos.

#93 5 years ago

a lot of peoples said they are out because the vuk was gone (not the same), a lot was back in when they saw the light show, the light show! stern had no choice to put something else, so they went with lights.

so the big difference with the pro is a kickback, crashing ship (coil pushing the ship down) and lights.
definitely going with the pro if i do and mods the hell out of it until it looks like a x-mas tree!

#94 5 years ago

I decided to stay with MMLE and Hobbit. I called back my distributor and tried to order STLE and he said he had a run on them and was most likely sold out.

I'll wait for a used one now. With 800 being made they will be abundant in the future IMHO.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

1000 machines were sold yesterday. That is, 1 company presold 1000 machines for next year sometime. And they had to use the number 1 rated game of all time to do it.
Stern's not likely shaking in their boots yet. Each title they launch sells more than that.
No other company out there has the ability to compete with Stern on their level. Not yet anyway.

Yeah.

Your facts will just be your little secret. Mmhmm.

#96 5 years ago

Had 1st day order.. cancelled a week later.. but now back in on STLE.. can't wait!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

That's ridiculous! Are you referring to the code on STLE or the last 5 Stern titles? BTW: It's been a lot longer than 6 mos.

Ummmm; i said wait 6 mos to see WHERE its GOING. Steve's last game, ACDC, took 6 mos before the code was solid and you could see where it was headed. TF, 6 mos. tron, 6 mos, avengers <6mos. Xmen was the only exception. It roughly takes 6 mos to see where a new game is headed.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I wonder how the MM remake impacted sales? Not a lot of people would have money for both at the same time (although the balance on the MM is due next year).
My wife would kill me if I told her that I bought an 8 grand MM to go next to a 8 grand STLE.

Probably kicked their ass... now when you show off your shiny STLE people will look at it... shrug... and say "well it ain't no MM"

I kid... sorta

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

. now when you show off your shiny STLE people will look at it... shrug... and say "well it ain't no MM"

It's even better!

#100 5 years ago

My point was that there was 8 millions dollars just waiting to be spent on pinball machines and it was done in just a couple hours...and people BEGGING to spend more (asking for more MM LEs to be issued)

(serious question): What happened to the giant thinging Stern were doing Saturday night? I saw the rented a room at the hotel for it or something? I didn't hear anything about it. Actually I didn't hear about much of anything after the MM was announced.

I bought 3 out of the last 5 (counting ST) pin Stern had released NIB. Being I have a Wolverines and a MetLE that are begging for just general code to make stuff work...I can say I'm never playing that game with Stern again. And yup..my fault for buying game before it even remotely close to being done. I had a STLE reserved and dumped it immediately after seeing the pics and the mystery on what the code would look like. Couldn't be happy with the choice cuz that got turned into new MM. I saw nothing that justifies a $7500~8k price tag on the STLE

Times...they are a changing. And it benefits no one else but us pinheads

Quoted from Chambahz:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside