You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you having second thoughts about cancelling your ST LE order?”

• No 148 votes
    69%
  • Yes 44 votes
    20%
  • I have already have put another deposit on the LE since I cancelled 23 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 215 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-video.jpg
images-1-165.jpeg
images-11-7.jpeg
Unknown-240.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images-3-419.jpeg
Unknown-3-528.jpeg
images-3-448.jpeg
image-123.jpg
image-108.jpg
DK.jpg
ST Final.jpg
ST Wall.jpg
image.jpg
images-3.jpeg
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 10 years ago

Curious. Anyone who cancelled their orders for the ST LE machine two weeks ago having second thoughts? Or already reversed their decision to cancel?

#2 10 years ago

I kept one of my two pre-orders and cancelled the other one. I spoke with the distributor the other day and he told he has had people call back to re-enlist on the LE after seeing the positive reviews of the pro. I'm glad I didn't cancel both of them and it is nice to see some positivity after all the negativity at release.

I guess time will tell if I made the right decision. I think from a "fun factor" it will be a win. Now to take into consideration the cost of buying now or waiting to buy later we will have to see how things play out.

#3 10 years ago

I never cancelled. I've played the Pro and it made me feel real good about what's to come with the LE.

#4 10 years ago

I think a lot of people have changed their tune after seeing the great gameplay on the pro. LE is in production now and the reveal should be soon. Once revealed I think people will want to have one in their collection. If they sell out some may have a D'OH moment.

doh.jpgdoh.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Not at all, got a pro and cool with it. Plus get it now.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Not at all, got a pro and cool with it. Plus get it now.

I would probably say the same thing if I were a Stern dealer trying to sell games-Just Joking

The Pro is a fantastic game and I think the Premium and LE will be great as well. I just think this title will be one where the Premium/LE will stand out much like AC/DC?

#7 10 years ago

Yeah, I hear a lot of guys changing their tune but there's still a long way to go until we know for sure... I still wish Stern would have kept the LE's to 500 or less but as long as it turns out great that's all that matters.

#8 10 years ago

Excited about this one I am. Stern made a game I've been waiting for for several years, using the designer I hoped would make it. Not only that, it's one of the few Pro models that I really like. Win win for me.

#9 10 years ago

I played the Pro...It is fun. Anyone know when the Premium is going to be available?

#10 10 years ago

Premium is mid November from what I remember

#11 10 years ago

I see a winner here.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I see a winner here.

Now I'm definitely in!!!!!!!!!

Just fun'n with ya John.

#13 10 years ago

Counting the days until we see the premium/LE since that will be SR's true vision for what the machine is.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I guess time will tell if I made the right decision. I think from a "fun factor" it will be a win. Now to take into consideration the cost of buying now or waiting to buy later we will have to see how things play out.

I think you're right.

So far, based on the poll, 76% of people who cancelled their ST LE order have not yet changed their mind. 24% already have changed their minds or are thinking about placing an order.

I'd love to get a bigger sample before declaring any trend.

Keep those votes and comments coming in ...

#15 10 years ago

The poll is flawed because it does not include a "I never pre-ordered an STLE" so the closest answer is to say no.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The poll is flawed because it does not include a "I never pre-ordered an STLE" so the closest answer is to say no.

The poll is only for those who pre-ordered, and then cancelled two weeks ago!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The poll is only for those who pre-ordered, and then cancelled two weeks ago!

ok, my question is for everyone that has answered.... if you answered the poll, were you a pre-order? Be honest!

#18 10 years ago

I cancelled my LE preorder. I think it looks great, but as a METLE owner I refuse to have 2 pins in my collection with unfinished code.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I cancelled my LE preorder. I think it looks great, but as a METLE owner I refuse to have 2 pins in my collection with unfinished code.

Ditto!!!

#20 10 years ago

I'm still out... I don't see that value yet and still very concerned about the code. I'm waiting for code updates on the last 4 Sterns I purchased.

#21 10 years ago

I was a preorder and cancelled. In fact, there were three of us on one order and two of us cancelled, the other one is sticking with it.

#22 10 years ago

5 people dropped their LE orders in MN that I know of and no one is back in at this point. The main op here for pinball is still out on an LE. He got a Metallica LE last time and he had an order for an LE, but dropped out and got a Pro so he could at least have the newest game. ST Pro is an okay game at this point...nothing really new or spectacular. With the numbers increase for the LE, not to mention the price increase, there is no need to get on board now...they will be available. Plus, the main reason is that Stern hasn't given anyone any reason to buy. All the LE gameplay features are just text on a page at this point. For example, if this starfield LE feature is so amazing...SHOW IT TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! Give people a reason to drop $8,000 cause right now there really isn't any.

#23 10 years ago

Les,
Your not liking the game; I think it is a much better shooter then ACDC and has much cooler shots; and so far almost everyone that has played it has loved it. Just curious what your thoughts are. I mean I like ACDC but don't think it as anything special at all, but now trek looks like some kick ass shots

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think a lot of people have changed their tune after seeing the great gameplay on the pro. LE is in production now and the reveal should be soon. Once revealed I think people will want to have one in their collection. If they sell out some may have a D'OH moment.

Are the LEs even on the line yet???

#25 10 years ago

A local friend and I had two pre-orders in for STLE. Both cancelled.

#26 10 years ago

For those still committed I'd be excited too! Just had to drop on LE, the "value difference" isn't there with premium so I'll wait a few years like I did with Ac/dc if it is still killing it!

That said, I reserve the right to be fickle....

How many Ltbr Nib's do you have left Tony?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Les,
Your not liking the game; I think it is a much better shooter then ACDC and has much cooler shots; and so far almost everyone that has played it has loved it. Just curious what your thoughts are. I mean I like ACDC but don't think it as anything special at all, but now trek looks like some kick ass shots

Derek, I do like the game, I just don't love it. For the record, I think it has cooler shots than AC/DC too...for whatever that's worth. Here are my initial thoughts I posted in another thread after playing it a few times...

"It was fun, nothing special. Pretty bland at this point. All modes have basically the same shots and point values. It does have very good flow. Very Rolling Stone-ish with backhanding ramp shots and having the ball return to the flippers. The warp ramp is neat, but the ball doesn't always come off cleanly, so many repeated warp ramp shots are more difficult then they are supposed to be. I like the shot under the flipper ala spiderman. Hopefully that will be utilized better in the future. Of course the color changing LEDs are cool, but they are basically pointless right now...they just change the lights of the shots to the color of the mode. I like the idea of using the photon torpedoes to attack the Vengeance. I like having multiple places to lock the ball too. The Vengeance toy looked good in person and was much bigger than I expected. I only played 4 games and I already completed all the initial modes, so I feel like I have basically seen what this pin has to offer at this point. Top score was 75 million or so. Overall, there is a lot of potential here, but right now, I don't have any real pressing need to make a special trip anywhere to play it. I'll have to see what Stern does with it. Hopefully another code update is coming soon. At this point, I would give it about a 7/10."

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many Ltbr Nib's do you have left Tony?

162 of them... why?

#29 10 years ago

I doubt there is a "shortage" of any LE game. I'd bet my hard earned money that there are plenty of NIBs of every LE title, including BIB and Tron. If you have the $ you can have your NIB. IMO more ST LE's is a great thing for pinball enthusiasts. I could care less about the collectors. Rest assured if Sterns business model takes a hit because they issued too many LE's they won't do it again. Surely they remember TFLE and surely they don't seem to care.

Sorry for calling you Shirley Tiki.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm still out... I don't see that value yet and still very concerned about the code. I'm waiting for code updates on the last 4 Sterns I purchased.

+4

I backed out on my pre-order and waiting to see video/gameplay of the LE's features before deciding but definitely leaning more on the "maybe later" on this one.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I concur this is my main reason for not caring a bit about Star Trek good or bad. No second thoughts at all the game looks cool but not enough for me to change my tune.

#32 10 years ago

I did not vote in the poll because I never canceled my pre order for the ST LE.
Wile I do feel better after watching the videos and think ST will be a hit I am still disappointed at Stern for not making this the first LCD game and I still don't like the RED DMD or some of the cartoonish graphics but all of that is out of my control for now. Still hoping something may change when they have their big reveal at the expo.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

162 of them... why?

Because I might want to buy one........after I get my premium set up.....

#34 10 years ago

I have been waiting for this title and I want to buy an le. But Stern has made me gun shy to pull the trigger with a history of not completing codes…or completing codes months/years down the road. Worried they may abandon code updates in favor of their next must have game. I want this game, It looks like fun to play…nothing innovative (at least on the pro). Want to see the LE and want to see the LE with some advanced code that makes me feel its worth the doh. History has a tendency to bite you in the arse and I think we have a good enough track record to be suspect.

#35 10 years ago

I know the majority of you don't care for one, but the lack of LCD killed it for me. I had some pretty high expectations for it to be honest with you.

Looking forward to playing it but have no regrets cancelling it.

#36 10 years ago

Oops. I voted wrong. There is no option for people that never cancelled their order. I voted No thinking it meant No I didn't have second thoughts about ordering an LE. I never cancelled my order and I am super excited for it's delivery!

#37 10 years ago

I cancelled my LE order, but told my distributor to put my deposit on a Premium. Same gameplay as the LE and a much better price. The artwork has grown on me too, so I'm happy.

#38 10 years ago

Never cancelled and am optimistic

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Still hoping something may change when they have their big reveal at the expo.

Me too!

#40 10 years ago

No second thoughts for me whatsoever. I will likely go Premium after I get to play the pro if I like it. With them raising the price on the LE it was an easy call to wait and see about the Premium for me. They went to high with the LE on the price IMO especially since they are making so many. I actually liked how the premium cab looked a little better so for me it was a win win. I too would like to see more acceptable code released with NIB pins from Stern. With Premium being released last hopefully all the kinks will be out and the code will be at least half way decent.

Granted I am not the type that really cares about the whole LE thing to much. Hope all that do get it absolutely love it though.

#41 10 years ago

Not sure what defines a 'Pre-Order' but one was held for me pend approval at release. Needless to say I cancelled. It seemed to be a familiar story with the distributor I went through. To quote his email 'I don't blame you'

#42 10 years ago

10% of voters have already paid a new deposit on the ST LE, after cancelling their order 2 weeks ago.

Another 19% are thinking of doing the same.

1. What is everyone'e best guess as to: how many ST LEs will remain unsold by Christmas 2013?

2. Would they be all sold by Christmas if, despite all evidence to the contrary, the LE came out with a LCD?

#43 10 years ago

10% of voters have already paid a new deposit on the ST LE, after cancelling their order 2 weeks ago.
1. What is everyone'e best guess as to: how many ST LEs will remain unsold by Christmas 2013?
2. Would they be all sold by Christmas if, despite all evidence to the contrary, the LE came out with a LCD?

If they programed it for dots wouldn't they have to completely reprogram it for an LCD or would it just be the same dots on an LCD??

#44 10 years ago

I thought the SAM system didn't have enough processing power to run an LCD (presumably for anything other than clearer looking dots)?

#45 10 years ago

I'm just as tempted to buy it as I was before when the price was announced. 0%. Oh wait....there's a picture now. Let me think... yup 0%. Oh a video . Maybe....nope 0%. Price is the same. It's stupid money regardless on what's in it. Same holds true for Hobbit. No matter what he puts in the game, there is no way the trigger is being pulled for me, due solely on price. When he's clearanceing them out....maybe.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm just as tempted to buy it as I was before when the price was announced. 0%. Oh wait....there's a picture now. Let me think... yup 0%. Oh a video . Maybe....nope 0%. Price is the same. It's stupid money regardless on what's in it. Same holds true for Hobbit. No matter what he puts in the game, there is no way the trigger is being pulled for me, due solely on price. When he's clearanceing them out....maybe.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#47 10 years ago

I haven't seen anything yet that would make me regret cancelling....and even if the laser stuff is cool and the code is awesome - there will be LEs available...and if I miss out, Premium is available. No regrets.

#48 10 years ago

OK. OK. Valid points.

But back to the question:

#49 10 years ago

OK. OK. Valid points.
But back to the question:

1. Plenty will be left. TFLE had 750 units and only cost less than $6k. You can still get them.

2. It's a DMD. Nothing will change that...don't bother speculating. The animation that's been created is dots. They don't have the time or resources to create two entirely different sets of display animation.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

ok, my question is for everyone that has answered.... if you answered the poll, were you a pre-order? Be honest!

I agree that the poll is flawed. those that cancelled preorders are a small portion of the total buyers and surely they have been replaced by other buyers. a better poll might have been:
-I preordered and am happy
-I preordered and canceled with no regret
-I preordered and canceled but wished I hadn't
-I didn't preorder but have since ordered
-I didn't preorder and have no intentions of ordering

I believe this poll would truly show what the OP was trying to capture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 417 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-second-thoughts/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.