Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

ST LE has no ratings for a year and then suddenly 13 ratings in one day. Bolts to #2 on the pinside 100. Can someone let me in on the joke.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

ST LE has no ratings for a year and then suddenly 13 ratings in one day. Bolts to #2 on the pinside 100. Can someone let me in on the joke.

Same thing happened with ACDC a couple of week ago.

No need to worry, people (that have probably never played the game) will get in there and rate the game low to keep their games up in the top 10. This is what happened to ACDC.

#4 1 year ago

I’ve always said it is one of Sterns best shooting and looking game made.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks. Thought there had to be reason behind the sudden increase in LE ratings.
I suppose it’s good to differentiate between LE and Premium from both a pricing perspective and ratings perspective. (Although both shouldn’t be taken too seriously).
Surprised there hasn’t been a similar surge in premium ratings. I guess it’s only something people with LEs want to do.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I've never played a better feeling upper flipper shot.

#7 1 year ago

prettiest game stern ever made.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

I've never played a better feeling upper flipper shot.

Couldn’t agree more that warp ramp shot is one of, if not my favourite shot in pinball and why I have had my LE for so long. Movie sound package is also a must have and the LE is stunning!

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couldn’t agree more that warp ramp shot is one of, if not my favourite shot in pinball and why I have had my LE for so long. Movie sound package is also a must have and the LE is stunning!

Thank you, I didn’t know about this. Sounds pretty sweet.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

prettiest game stern ever made.

You misspelled Batman 66.

#12 1 year ago

The STLE is known as one of the most feature filled packages for the money at the time.

#13 1 year ago

Ritchie commented that STLE basically was the first revision of the expression light concept with the LEDs countersunk into the cabinet walls for the firing ship effects. We wouldn’t see it again until he did the ones we know today in LZ and then Rush.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from locksmith:

I've always said it was one of the most boring and then overrated game...and now even more!

#15 1 year ago

Steve's birthday gift I think?

Happy late birthday to the King

#16 1 year ago

Star Trek and Star Wars are two of my favorite series/ movies of all time and I loathe Star Trek stern . Sttng is the best St game thus far.
If that warp ramp shot is your favorite shot of all time you need to play many more pinball machines ! It is similar feeling on many games upper flipper shot / Dr who/ Godzilla/ demo man / gun and roses Jjp/ Bond as well as more .oh and same shot in sttng
To me and a few friends I know we call it a spider man light . As far as flow and it being the best le cabinet ever made I agree but does not justify owning it. Boring as heck and the artwork of the playfield and plastics are as bad as led zep . Shiite

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Ritchie commented that STLE basically was the first revision of the expression light concept with the LEDs countersunk into the cabinet walls for the firing ship effects. We wouldn’t see it again until he did the ones we know today in LZ and then Rush.

Stern really should use this feature again, I never get tired of seeing it on STLE.

Godzilla would have been a great choice with the Atomic Breathe running up the side rails!

Maybe we see it if BTTF is ever made with fire trials on either side rail.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Star Trek and Star Wars are two of my favorite series/ movies of all time and I loathe Star Trek stern . Sttng is the best St game thus far.
If that warp ramp shot is your favorite shot of all time you need to play many more pinball machines ! It is similar feeling on many games upper flipper shot / Dr who/ Godzilla/ demo man / gun and roses Jjp/ Bond as well as more .oh and same shot in sttng
To me and a few friends I know we call it a spider man light . As far as flow and it being the best le cabinet ever made I agree but does not justify owning it. Boring as heck and the artwork of the playfield and plastics are as bad as led zep . Shiite

They all can’t be *checks collection* JJP GNR and Star Wars? I’d have thought a boring game like ST would be a perfect compliment to those thrilling games .

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Godzilla would have been a great choice with the Atomic Breathe running up the side rails!

That would've so awesome!

They could even do it with the monster Zero rails they have now. Just incorporate it in. You could put Godzilla at the hinge plates and position him so that his open mouth lines up with the side rails and have the lights (EL Paper wire lighting?) shoot down the rails hitting Zero.

Someone needs to produce these.

#TakeMyMoney!

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

None of those upper flipper shots are as good as the warp ramp, it’s not just the shot that’s smooth as butter it’s the lightshow and SFX counting up the warps and the warp sounds (although that might be part of the after market sound package) it’s just pure fun.

Godzilla upper flipper is a great feeling shot but it doesn’t have the same level of fanfare even when it’s a destruction jackpot shot. But then again we all like different things, GNRJJP imo is a complete snoozefest.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

You misspelled Batman 66.

game doesn't even compare in looks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-ratings-what-gives?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.