stlesling.jpg
onepiece-522.jpg
tunnel2.jpg
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG
vfront.jpg
image-126.jpg
stlep1.jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Done with the set for the Premium / LE machines. The gallery is here, http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2986784013&k=tdppCrw&lb=1&s=X2

Up on Pinbits, we have a few sets for now as we wait for initial feedback. The Pro is quite different, so that set will take a couple more days.

Here's a sample picture of the protectors under the Vengeance.
stlep1.jpgstlep1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Love the blue sling/inlane protectors! Reminds me of your excellent Spidey ones....will there be an option to get those in the protector set instead of the standard sling protectors?

#3 10 years ago

Awesome! Ordered!

#4 10 years ago

I got the blue sling protectors on my Pro and they look GREAT.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Love the blue sling/inlane protectors! Reminds me of your excellent Spidey ones....will there be an option to get those in the protector set instead of the standard sling protectors?

We're really close with those. All the geometry is sorted - just a question of design for the etching.

Also, the blue fluorescent struggles a bit on the bright playfield. Normally, we'd replace a GI LED, but that affects the look too much. ST LE is an extremely bright and good looking game.

And yes, they will be available as an option.

#6 10 years ago

Could you make a protector for this plastic as well. Mine broke already.

image-126.jpgimage-126.jpg
#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Could you make a protector for this plastic as well. Mine broke already.

Yikes! What broke it? Airball or just the mech moving around above it?

#8 10 years ago

Wow, that's nasty! I'm not sure if that is an edge strike or an airball, so we've done a design that will cover both options. It will go in the kits that ship today.

vfront.jpgvfront.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Oh, I bet it got cracked from the ball being over the drop target as it went up.

Would it be possible to make a clear plastic protector that covers that area completely? Instead of two protectors under the plastic to the left and right of the drop, just one plastic that goes under both? That would stop airballs in that area.

#10 10 years ago

When will the Pro one be ready for order? And will there be an option to have the blue UV reactive sling protectors in the kit too?

#11 10 years ago

Too slow, sold out

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh, I bet it got cracked from the ball being over the drop target as it went up.
Would it be possible to make a clear plastic protector that covers that area completely? Instead of two protectors under the plastic to the left and right of the drop, just one plastic that goes under both? That would stop airballs in that area.

Like the sparky protector - good idea!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you mean like the picture below? The Pro model comes with that plastic stock. I wonder why they left it out of the LE version??

IMG_0308.JPGIMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0310.JPGIMG_0310.JPG

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Do you mean like the picture below? The Pro model comes with that plastic stock. I wonder why they left it out of the LE version??

Oh wow...well look at that. I'm gonna ask the Stern dudes what's up with that and if that Pro plastic will fit OK on the LE/Prem. I don't see why it wouldn't.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Like the sparky protector - good idea!

Who makes the Sparky protector? I don't see it on Pinbits site and it didn't come with my set.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who makes the Sparky protector? I don't see it on Pinbits site and it didn't come with my set.

I meant the one that sits in front of sparky and sits over the magnet

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh wow...well look at that. I'm gonna ask the Stern dudes what's up with that and if that Pro plastic will fit OK on the LE/Prem. I don't see why it wouldn't.

This plastic goes all the way back and sits on the kicker solenoid. My guess is that the LE has the extra solenoid that prevents this plastic from fitting??

#18 10 years ago

That's weird; I thought my LE had that protector over the drop. I'm gonna have to check it out when I get home.

#19 10 years ago

Actually just found an old pic in my photo stream and doesn't seem to be there. Things that make you go hmmmmm

#20 10 years ago

Hello all,

We have updated our ST:LE protector set to include an air-ball protector. This current set will ship in test with all protection variants. We have updated our stock on the website.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_77

Thank you for your patience

#21 10 years ago

Oh, I think the LE doesn't have that piece because of an opto wire that's feeding there. Still - seems like that wire could feed thru the other side and be Ok.

#22 10 years ago

Here we go - one-piece protector for that area.

Also, a view of how our design lets you lock the opto wire out of the way. this might vary by machine.

tunnel2.jpgtunnel2.jpg
onepiece-522.jpgonepiece-522.jpg

As noted, we're including a few extra pieces in the set. We'll trim these down as we figure out what is needed.

#23 10 years ago

When will the Pro one be ready for order? And will there be an option to have the blue UV reactive sling protectors in the kit too?

Here's our design for a one-piece protector. We could also do individual parts (slingshot and outlane) but the one piece is kind of nice. The blue isn't as intense as the camera shows; we'd normally pop in a UV bulb, but the white is kind of required.

stlesling.jpgstlesling.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Thank you Pinbits for making these available. This machine is so fast and crazy at times and your protectors are really going to be put to the test. Just like your other fine products I am sure they are up to the task.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PamPinbits:

Here's our design for a one-piece protector. We could also do individual parts (slingshot and outlane) but the one piece is kind of nice. The blue isn't as intense as the camera shows; we'd normally pop in a UV bulb, but the white is kind of required.

stlesling.jpg 247 KB

Looks great! So when will the Pro version be ready to purchase?

#26 10 years ago

Awesome - ordered

#27 10 years ago

I tried to order but says they are out of stock. Hopefully they will be back in soon.

#28 10 years ago

Are these one piece protectors included in the set? Mine just shipped today.

#29 10 years ago

Yes - the kits shipping now have several extra parts. You'll have the one piece Vengeance area protector; and a spare (thinner) protector for the plastic under the Vengeance.

The one piece should suppress airballs, but the plastic under the Vengeance may still take hits from airballs that start mid playfield. We'll also need to see if it causes problems in play.

#30 10 years ago

Wow. Sold out fast. When will new stock be available? Got to get these things on right out of the box!

#31 10 years ago

These are great be nice to see all the plastic protectors in blue plastic. Love the accents of the lighting on the tron dress up kit.

#32 10 years ago

Missed out again

#33 10 years ago

Hello all,

We appreciate your patience. We will be continually restocking our ST:LE parts all weekend.

#34 10 years ago

Nice work! I really want those blue etched 1 piece sling protectors.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yep that is what broke it.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from PamPinbits:

Here we go - one-piece protector for that area.
Also, a view of how our design lets you lock the opto wire out of the way. this might vary by machine.

As noted, we're including a few extra pieces in the set. We'll trim these down as we figure out what is needed.

tunnel2.jpg 277 KB

onepiece-522.jpg 295 KB

Thanks for taking my suggestion that's awesome. Just waiting on stern to send me a new plastic.

#37 10 years ago

Woohoo got sets for me and a buddy

#38 10 years ago

Does the 50 dollar set come with the plastic to cover the drop target? looks like that will help some crazy air balls. Anyone know?

#39 10 years ago

At the moment, everything is in that set. We'll simplify it a little bit as we figure out what is needed - but I don't see that drop target piece ever disappearing.

We'll probably keep the heavy cover for the Vengeance plastic. That piece is just asking for a smack from a direct airball.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from PamPinbits:

drop target piece ever disappearing.

Cool, I played tonight and had a couple wild air balls from the drop this will be a nice addition. As for the dress up kit additions there are two groups of targets that are open on the top, locks and the shields. These are good locations to do a larger plastic piece that hangs over the targets a bit integrated into the entire plastic protector. would make those have a nice accent like what you guys did for the TRON dress up kit.

Maybe the Shields has 2 shield icons etched in and the targets have 3 marks etched above each target?

IMG_3652.JPGIMG_3652.JPG IMG_3653.JPGIMG_3653.JPG
#41 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Cool, I played tonight and had a couple wild air balls from the drop this will be a nice addition. As for the dress up kit additions there are two groups of targets that are open on the top, locks and the shields. These are good locations to do a larger plastic piece that hangs over the targets a bit integrated into the entire plastic protector. would make those have a nice accent like what you guys did for the TRON dress up kit.
Maybe the Shields has 2 shield icons etched in and the targets have 3 marks etched above each target?

IMG_3652.JPG 276 KB

IMG_3653.JPG 341 KB

Great idea!

#42 10 years ago

Any way to purchase the blue sling area protectors by themselves?

#44 10 years ago

Any interest in a 3d looking plastic with LEDs to be tied in? The old plastic is on top for comparison. This is just a rough prototype print.

photo-3.JPGphoto-3.JPG

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Any interest in a 3d looking plastic with LEDs to be tied in? The old plastic is on top for comparison. This is just a rough prototype print.

photo-3.JPG 355 KB

Would the LED's be shining in your eyes? You have to look directly at that spot while you are playing, just wondering.

#46 10 years ago

Would the LED's be shining in your eyes? You have to look directly at that spot while you are playing, just wondering.

I just changed the design. It only flashes when the vengeance kicks out the ball.

#47 10 years ago

Any ideas as to when these will be back in stock with the blue sling protectors?
Thanks

#48 10 years ago

Here's a question/idea for you.

Can you make some plastic pieces that would protect the outlanes from getting an airball?

Something like a vertical piece of plastic (that's bent into an "L" in an appropriate place) so that airballs will hit it and bounce back into the playfield or the inlane.

I've even had an airball (just once in a few hundred games) go OVER my flipper!

I suppose you could also just make the plastic extend to cover the outlane, but in that case the airball will probably go out (on the left) or end up in the shooting lane (on the right).

Thoughts?

#49 10 years ago

What does that opto behind the cracked plastic do?

#50 10 years ago

Hello all,

We have restocked all of our ST:LE products, and the website now has ST:Pro protectors, both available with blue slings.

Happy wild card weekend!

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-premium-plastic-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.