Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wheels
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Looking to buy one of these.Owned Star Trek Premium years ago and really enjoyed the quick kick ass Gameplay.Fast and would wear you out.Thinkng of the Le now because of the beauty and a step up from the premium.Also looking at a new JJP pirates Le,which is $1,500 to 2,000 more. First time asking for thoughts,but it can’t hurt.Star Trek is a used game but one of the best modern Stern games in my opinion.Pirates in my mind is better tech and build than Stern.I haven’t had time to play Pirates which I know is the only way to decide, but just throwing it out there.Genuine thoughts appreciated. Thanks!!!

#2 5 years ago

I would go star trek LE pirates is an amazing looking game but the reason I would not personally want to own one because it is a very long playing game and have seen a lot of people having maintenance problems on the game.

#3 5 years ago

I own both the STLE and POTCCE, question is what you want out of it.

A snack? A quick game at fast pace? Then it's ST. If you want a meal, something you can explore for years, then it's POTC.

If you have a collection going (which you do) then it is down to preference, if it would be a one pin collection it would be POTC or bust.
You have 23 games, it is really up to you since looking at your collection I do not see anything that resembles ST, ST may be a breath of fresh air for you and POTC may command too much attention due to depth of code. Or you want to add a masterpiece that is in a league of its own, then it is POTC.

#4 5 years ago

You've played Star Trek. Get some time on playing a Pirates.

Then get the one you like best.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

A snack? A quick game at fast pace? Then it's ST. If you want a meal, something you can explore for years, then it's POTC.
If you have a collection going (which you do) then it is down to preference, if it would be a one pin collection it would be POTC or bust.
You have 23 games, it is really up to you since looking at your collection I do not see anything that resembles ST, ST may be a breath of fresh air for you and POTC may command too much attention due to depth of code. Or you want to add a masterpiece that is in a league of its own, then it is POTC.

Now that’s genuine. Thanks

#6 5 years ago

No brainer........Pirates! I should add that I owned a Trek premium and pro.

#7 5 years ago

Pirates 100-100 times. I also purchased Star Trek le new and love the game but pirates is in a league of its own.

#8 5 years ago

I just bought STLE (second time around) DerGoetz has my first one.

At first I was hesitant about re-buying a game I sold not that long ago, I was thinking I could get something new to me (MB remake, MM remake, JJP PotC, GB etc).

I found a STLE that was loaded for good price and decided to give it a second chance, I have to say that I am enjoying it a lot. I am understanding the scoring better and trying different strategies.

I do think the code is not the best but is very enjoyable working for points and trying different approaches to get more points.

I figure that JJP PotC will be made for a while and that I won't buy anything unless I've thoroughly played it. I have yet to see PotC, but I hear it's excellent.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I figure that JJP PotC will be made for a while and that I won't buy anything unless I've thoroughly played it. I have yet to see PotC, but I hear it's excellent.

It will be made for another 4 weeks, then production will cease.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just bought STLE (second time around) DerGoetz has my first one.
At first I was hesitant about re-buying a game I sold not that long ago, I was thinking I could get something new to me (MB remake, MM remake, JJP PotC, GB etc).
I found a STLE that was loaded for good price and decided to give it a second chance, I have to say that I am enjoying it a lot. I am understanding the scoring better and trying different strategies.
I do think the code is not the best but is very enjoyable working for points and trying different approaches to get more points.

Just to note, rumor has it that POTC production is stopping this month for good. Additional rumors include that JJP chose not to renew the license to focus on future pins and / or that the game is simply too expensive to make.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Like I said, I don't own Potc never played it but if it's like Woz then I'm sure I'd like it. However ST is just darn fun to play, it shoots great. I also have SM (also great) but ST seems to be a bit shorter average time games. SM is either medium, long or very long game. I am sure a great player can play ST very long time but to me my games are short to medium time.

If Potc is going out of production I can not plan my life around that, I have not played Potc and that is one criteria that I will go by before I buy. If JJP wants to spend time and money on design and code and then stop production that's up to them.

#12 5 years ago

I have both. I personally prefer POTC. POTC is still new to me, but I don't see it slipping. It has depth, shots, toys, variety, lights, sounds, intensity...basically everything you want in a machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-or-new-jjp-pirates-le?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.