(Topic ID: 72874)

Star Trek LE: How Many Days Until Cupboard Is Empty?

By Aussiepinwiz

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many days until distributors have no more stock to sell to customers?”

• 1 day 2 votes
    1%
  • Within the next 10 days 12 votes
    6%
  • Within the next 30 days 29 votes
    15%
  • Within the next 60 days 18 votes
    9%
  • Within the next 90 days 24 votes
    12%
  • Mid to late 2014 37 votes
    19%
  • Not any time soon 56 votes
    29%
  • Never 15 votes
    8%

(193 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-3.jpeg
images-1-807.jpeg
images-110.jpeg
images-126.jpeg
images-575.jpeg
Unknown-7-523.jpeg
TUF-Canada-Aus.jpg
tuf-nations-the-ultimate-fighter-tea-mcanada-vs-team-australia-624x351.jpg
Unknown-7.jpeg
images-1-270.jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Start Trek LE's official announcement was met with much disappointment and criticism on Pinside. Judging by the tone of recent posts the tide has turned, and is rising rapidly.

Speculate: How many days until the STLE cupboard is empty? That is, how many days until distributors have no more stock to sell to customers?

images-1-270.jpegimages-1-270.jpeg
#2 10 years ago

And more importantly, will this coincide with peak pinball™?

#3 10 years ago

Dude, you need to get laid.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Start Trek LE's official announcement was met with much disappointment and criticism on Pinside.

That's just Pinside.

I want Stern to copy JJP and have a LCD display.
I want 2003 prices.
I want the opening theme, not the closing theme
I want hand drawn art.
I want the code completed, now
I want blue rails, but the LE translight, but the pro cab art

#5 10 years ago

tracelifter, that is an amazing avatar!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

tracelifter, that is an amazing avatar!

One of my favorite designers.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's just Pinside.
I want Stern to copy JJP and have a LCD display.
I want 2003 prices.
I want the opening theme, not the closing theme
I want hand drawn art.
I want the code completed, now
I want blue rails, but the LE translight, but the pro cab art

You've captured it nicely!

The poll shows an interesting divide so far: About half of Pinsiders polled think ST LE will sell out within the next month (with one keen dude who thinks they'll be all gone tomorrow and a growing group who indicate before Christmas) and a quarter Pinsiders polled so far think the game will still be available well into 2014.

Keep the votes rolling in.

Unknown-7.jpegUnknown-7.jpeg
#8 10 years ago

Why do you care so much about what people think about this game?

#9 10 years ago

You won't lose any significant money, if you buy one. That's for sure. They are available at a decent discount. But they made 700 LEs, so you could probably still get one down the road for $8 or 9K.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

. They are available at a decent discount. .

What discount are you referring to? I believe the average price is around $7700 to $7900 do you of any cheaper?

#11 10 years ago

Aussie can I do a poll of how many times you will post about STLE or post the same thing in multiple threads?
/sarcasm.

I get you really like the game and are not letting up. Plenty to be had today and sure they will sell out eventually but it's not like everyone walks around with 8 grand for a pinball machine during the holidays.

#12 10 years ago

Time to move on to the 'how many cancelled their Mustang LE when.......' thread

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

You won't lose any significant money, if you buy one. That's for sure. They are available at a decent discount. But they made 700 LEs, so you could probably still get one down the road for $8 or 9K.

799 and 7k down the road..... For crying out loud Aussie.....

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Aussie can I do a poll of how many times you will post about STLE or post the same thing in multiple threads?
/sarcasm.
I get you really like the game and are not letting up. Plenty to be had today and sure they will sell out eventually but it's not like everyone walks around with 8 grand for a pinball machine during the holidays.

But some of us do have that and more.
He keeps rubbing it in acting like he can afford one and the rest of us peons can't and we are just bitter.
He can't seem to grasp the concept that some of us refuse to pay 8K+ for this game.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

He keeps rubbing it in acting like he can afford one and the rest of us peons can't and we are just bitter.
He can't seem to grasp the concept that some of us refuse to pay 8K+ for this game.

Yes, he seems like a strange bird.

He'll do well here.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yes, he seems like a strange bird.
He'll do well here.

I'm waiting for STLE and QUEEN PIN to merge into one giant entity .... like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Its gonna be END OF DAYS

rd

#17 10 years ago

l'll waiting to play your hs2 again...

#18 10 years ago

I realize Pinsiders don't make up the entire pinball market, but 56 Pinsiders own STLE and 9 have it on their wish list. That's pretty damn far from 750 (whatever the actual # is) limited edition units and the reason I voted there will be stock for quite a while.

I'm sure it's a great game and a dream theme for me, just not 8k good with a pro available for 3k less and plenty of other great titles on the horizon.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

l'll waiting to play your hs2 again...

I fixed it! Now the supercharger doesn't give 5x the points every time you hit it

It had an opto issue ... One was tripping multiple times from vibrations.

No doubt you'll still get 2.3b .. But it'll take twice as long now!

rd.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I realize Pinsiders don't make up the entire pinball market, but 56 Pinsiders own STLE and 9 have it on their wish list. That's pretty damn far from 750 (whatever the actual # is) limited edition units and the reason I voted there will be stock for quite a while.
I'm sure it's a great game and a dream theme for me, just not 8k good with a pro available for 3k less and plenty of other great titles on the horizon.

I think what you forget about is that pinsiders make up a really small portion of actual Stern sales. I would guess 5-10%. So if we do some math this is how I see it. 399 has gone overseas. 400 for domestic. 60-70 already sold to pinsiders that actually show collection in profile. I guess I am going with the 400 domestic number and I am not including the overseas market because I really do not know the demand overseas? So for the 400 domestic-Stern has sold out to distributors. Canadian distributors are sold out and Automated is getting down to the last couple dozen. Once Mike gets to a certain level in his warehouse he is known for jacking up the price. Gameroom guys and others will start to follow suit. I would recommend picking one up before demand meets up with supply. I will not speculate on how long it will take but it may be sooner than you think.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think what you forget about is that pinsiders make up a really small portion of actual Stern sales. I would guess 5-10%. So if we do some math this is how I see it. 399 has gone overseas. 400 for domestic. 60-70 already sold to pinsiders that actually show collection in profile. I guess I am going with the 400 domestic number and I am not including the overseas market because I really do not know the demand overseas? So for the 400 domestic-Stern has sold out to distributors. Canadian distributors are sold out and Automated is getting down to the last couple dozen. Once Mike gets to a certain level in his warehouse he is known for jacking up the price. Gameroom guys and others will start to follow suit. I would recommend picking one up before demand meets up with supply. I will not speculate on how long it will take but it may be sooner than you think.

All you have to do is look at recent "LE" sales/supply. The last one, MET, shot up in price initially and came back down to wholesale price with plenty available to be had. And only 500 made of those. Xmen, TAV, TFLE etc. with the only exception being Ac/dc and its coming down as well.

Overseas market on the STLE has suffered due to the price increase. There are 799 of these, there will be plenty for a long time to come and plenty more people selling down the road to raise money for the next new flood of pins coming out. 6 in 18 months for Stern. Won't hurt to wait but if someone really loves the theme, go for it now, the pin is gorgeous!

#22 10 years ago

No thanks. Still not feeling any desire or pressing need for this eye candy. And it is gorgeous, but not at its present inflated nib price. Happy to wait, even though I had prepped to prepay.

Moving on myself. Stern took my enthusiasm away with sticker shock.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All you have to do is look at recent "LE" sales/supply. The last one, MET, shot up in price initially and came back down to wholesale price with plenty available to be had. And only 500 made of those. Xmen, TAV, TFLE etc. with the only exception being Ac/dc and its coming down as well.

You pretty well summed it up. LE games with plagued problems-Metallica LE- coffin lock,magnet issue-TAV LE- poor build design, ball-hang-ups, X-MEN LE-poor coding and considered incomplete and then AC/DC LE-solid build, great gameplay, good code and good looking. Hmmmm-reminds me of the new ST LE. Great design,decent code, fantastic flow, and astonishing to look at. Time will tell but if it is a great title and plays well it will sell.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Canadian distributors are sold out and Automated is getting down to the last couple dozen. Once Mike gets to a certain level in his warehouse he is known for jacking up the price. Gameroom guys and others will start to follow suit. I would recommend picking one up before demand meets up with supply. I will not speculate on how long it will take but it may be sooner than you think.

I believe those days are gone (too many choices combined w/ inflated prices) . If distributors are sitting on stock of LE's or titles that aren't moving prices will come down.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

AC/DC LE-solid build, great gameplay, good code and good looking. Hmmmm-reminds me of the new ST LE. Great design,decent code, fantastic flow, and astonishing to look at. Time will tell but if it is a great title and plays well it will sell.

I agree with this based on what I've seen so far. They should sell a ton of premiums like they are doing with Ac/dc although I don't think they will sell anything close to that pin, as great as it looks it can't rival Ac/dc with its code and the integration of the music and the rush you get playing it. Some may like it more if you don't like Ac/dc music but most won't.

I would say that STLE blows away Ac/dc on the "looks" category! What's good for us is that more options are here and coming and prices will be coming down with all the new supply no matter how fantastic it is.

#26 10 years ago

As more of you guys play it I promise you most will want one.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

plenty more people selling down the road to raise money for the next new flood of pins coming out

This.

I will be using this tactic more in the future. Many pinheads can't withstand the "next best thing" urge. I know i was one of them.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

As more of you guys play it I promise you most will want one.

I would like one, but at eight grand I won't buy one.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You pretty well summed it up. LE games with plagued problems-Metallica LE- coffin lock,magnet issue-TAV LE- poor build design, ball-hang-ups, X-MEN LE-poor coding and considered incomplete and then AC/DC LE-solid build, great gameplay, good code and good looking. Hmmmm-reminds me of the new ST LE. Great design,decent code, fantastic flow, and astonishing to look at. Time will tell but if it is a great title and plays well it will sell.

All valid points, but ST is the only one with 799 units - and I don't think half are going overseas - the already expensive price goes up even more for them...I could see tons of Pros going overseas tho...maybe Premiums.

Tons of AC/DC and Metallica went overseas due to extremely strong global appeal. Movies, while also globally appealing - don't have as much of an intense fan-driven element that the bands have, IMO.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

and I don't think half are going overseas

Stern told distros this and I am beginning to question it myself. I would think that the european market would not have as much demand as domestic? And I am seeing numbers already in the 400 range for US and Canada deliveries?

#31 10 years ago

$7500-$8000 is a lot of money for pretty standard pinball playing fare. STLE is fun, no doubt about it. It is NOT $3000 more fun than a Pro. That's the closest to a "fact" as I can get in a world of pinball opinions-haha. For those among the money is no object crowd, then what's the debate? For everybody else, this "fact" should be a serious consideration.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern told distros this and I am beginning to question it myself. I would think that the European market would not have as much demand as domestic? And I am seeing numbers already in the 400 range for US and Canada deliveries?

The numbers don't matter as they don't always get attached sequentially. The plaques aren't in the same order as the serials. If Stern told distributors that half were gone, they only did that as a gameplan- if the overseas buyers aren't buying and there's domestic demand, they'll build those games for the US market instead.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Yes this ^^^^^^^^. Well said tracelifter. I also agree it is a great game but not worth the 9k price tag. Especially with very little gameplay difference from the Pro.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes this ^^^^^^^^. Well said tracelifter. I also agree it is a great game but not worth the 9k price tag. Especially with very little gameplay difference from the Pro.

Yeah we know. You've said it a million times already. At some point people will start to think that the only person you are really trying to convince is yourself.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

LOL it's 9k now? Uhh....ok...lol

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. In Canada the price tag is 9k for LE and 5k for Pro taxes in. That is the price they have always been.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well with shipping and now the Ca. B.O.E gigging us for the sales tax it is close enough to 9K.
Better to declare and pay them rather than the penalties for not declaring them.

#38 10 years ago

Why the price diff between pro and LE shouldn't it still be 3k diff?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No thanks. Still not feeling any desire or pressing need for this eye candy. And it is gorgeous, but not at its present inflated nib price. Happy to wait, even though I had prepped to prepay.
Moving on myself. Stern took my enthusiasm away with sticker shock.

Agree

Any dealers want to contact me for a sale price I will be interested to take one off your inventory, but the price needs to be sale price to make it more palatable against a ST pro at $3000 less.

I see no $3000 on this LE

#40 10 years ago

I see that STLE is worth what I paid , The game is just stunning !

I hope someone replies with a "WELL SAID "

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

+1

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The numbers don't matter as they don't always get attached sequentially. The plaques aren't in the same order as the serials. If Stern told distributors that half were gone, they only did that as a gameplan- if the overseas buyers aren't buying and there's domestic demand, they'll build those games for the US market instead.

I had two games and the plaques were in order with the serial numbers, both off by 41.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agree
Any dealers want to contact me for a sale price I will be interested to take one off your inventory, but the price needs to be sale price to make it more palatable against a ST pro at $3000 less.
I see no $3000 on this LE

Dealers are not going to have to lower their prices on these. Probably the opposite.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I would like one, but at eight grand I won't buy one.

They are not $8,000

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

They are not $8,000

Then what did you pay? Of the two quotes I was given, the lower one (by a large distributor) was $7895.00 shipped. If I use a credit card there is a 3% fee which we split in half, bringing the cost up over $8000. If you have someone that is offering them for less than that, it would be nice to know.

#47 10 years ago

Ask several. Maybe one you could pick it up from to save $$. Unshipped and No tax they are less than $8,000 is what I meant.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Dude, you need to get laid.

post of the year! I love you man. but not in a sick or jail house way.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I agree.

For me, I was happy to go through my local Stern distributor and was pleased to get a relatively early delivery and service I received. Yes, having to pay sales tax in addition to the machine is a bummer, but I've now put over a hundred fifty plays in the week that I have had it in the house and have no regrets.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

I agree.
For me, I was happy to go through my local Stern distributor and was pleased to get a relatively early delivery and service I received. Yes, having to pay sales tax in addition to the machine is a bummer, but I've now put over a hundred fifty plays in the week that I have had it in the house and have no regrets.

New pin love. Let us know in 6 months to a year.That tends to be the make it or break it time in a HUO environment whether a title is a long term home run or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-le-how-many-days-until-cupboard-is-empty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.